1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Call from Wickes to say the shelves I've been waiting two weeks for aren't coming tomorrow after all, and *might* be at the store on Friday for delivery Saturday. *Might*. Useful(!)

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I know, I know. Anyone in the business of moving stuff from one part of the country to another are slammed right now. But that doesn't stop me being a whiny and entitled little sh** :winking:

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Interestingly I got an email from Parcel2go this morning saying that Hermes are no longer offering small or medium parcel services via Parcel2go. They were usually the cheapest, especially for packages over the 2kg RM penal limit.

Edit: they have a new "postable" service, which means it must fit through a letterbox (23cm width, 1cm depth max). They also still have a collection service, it sounds like it is just the "small & medium parcel" services has changed.

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yeah I had this, its confusing, had a mild panic attack I'd have to go to the post office and wait for eternity if I wanted to continue selling on eBay... from what I gather size is no longer such a big deal and the pricing has increased somewhat based solely on weight.

I usually send parcels under 1kg for £3.40? collected, that's now £3.62. and over 1kg is about 50p more at £4.92.

I'd make more sales if I dropped to RM services but I can't stand the "Yep this never arrived, refund please"

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

For valuable and heavy stuff (over 2kg), I swear by DHL via P2G, has been really quick and reliable for me.

6. DeadP1xels

Nothing of mine is ever really valuable to justify more than the cheapest possible service without leaving my house, if it is then I'll opt for a better service. The local Hermes guy to me is like clockwork and it seems to filter through the system fairly prompt. Only ever had a few parcels go walk about...

Its only recently I've had issue....

Contacted Hermes this morning, dumb robot tells me its on its way to the depot. can't seem to get through to anything useful....
    Contact Parcel2Go they tell me to contact Hermes
    Go on Hermes chat, they ask for my Hermes parcel number.... I don't have it because its not supposed to be a Hermes parcel...
    Ended up having to resort to some generic email via said robot, probably won't go anywhere....

They have my return address but I doubt it'll come back to me, I wish DX would display my phone number on the parcel because I'd rather just pay Hermes to deliver it for £8 or so than refund the £30....

7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

SO in the ER with 103.4 fever, vomiting, and appears to be in a lupus flare at the same time. Not even allowed in the hospital at all myself.

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

#Firstworld problem! Thanks for the kind words Dave, bit of a shock, but I was probably unknowingly pushing the boundaries.

Have a look at the thread here on GRDC, as it's fairly detailed.

Good news, is that I have found a replacement pro, and am working out how to get it from Manchester with a carrier who won't confiscate the non installed battery...

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

SO is septic in the ICU and no visitors allowed. And I was right, my laptop is coming from a protest hotspot. Yay.

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

If you find people doing GPS blocking report it! Its a really major crime, as you're breaching USAF laws as well as internation laws! I went to a IET conference we were demoing at years back and a company was doing research into GPS jammer tracking, and to be authorised to enable a jammer to test they had to go to the middle of nowhere and do it at specific authorised times. Even then they were only allowed it a few days a year!

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

So today all shares took a tumble and mine are down £440! Big oooof! Its only frustrating as it means I can be trading, I have to wait for it to bounce back!

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Hope they pull through mate. Must be awful not being able to be with them.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Exams that were supposed to start at 7:45 still not having started, due to a uni server crash.
    We have been advised that this MAY lead to automatic deferral to next semester which, in my case, would mean I can't finish my degree this year, meaning I can't do my admission to the bar next year. In short: server failure may lead to me extending my studies by a full year

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Due to various mental health issues my degree took 9 years!!! It may be annoying, but honestly its not as much if a problem as you'd think :) Plus with a massive recession/depression looming, being back in studies for a year probably won't be such a bad thing...

The_Crapman and BentAnat like this.
  15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My extremely expensive WD Gold data centre drives for work have arrived and the SATA connectors are all smashed. :waah:

This is going to be an epic RMA form.

IanW, Bloody_Pete and Arboreal like this.
  16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

How many drives?

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

8 6tb drives and 2 2tb drives, about £2k worth and they've all got some kind of damage to the connectors. They've clearly been dropped or suffered some kind of unfortunate impact.

18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Oooof!!!! Such a odd place to get damaged when non of the surrounding items have been!

19. DeadP1xels

Hermes man issues again. Delivered parcels today and then refused to take parcels scheduled for collection today. My partner was taken a back a bit when he said “no!” in a ‘oh right, maybe I’ve just got mixed up’ and he proceeded to be verbally aggressive saying all he has is delivery’s today and won’t be taking them so put them away... (motioning a shooing motion) he then stood waiting for her to do it... finally leaving while muttering a load of angry “stupid ****ing cow” while he dragged his feet down the path like a big man. She now doesn’t want to answer for parcel delivery.... full stop.

He’s not the usual guy but has been delivering for the past 3-4 days. He’s ****ed up consistently every single time he’s been here, either by taking parcels for other couriers or taking a portion of the parcels he was meant to.

I can tolerate mistakes, I can tolerate being let down for a collection (usually weekly I’m rebooking our usual guy, I’m fine with that) but I won’t tolerate a shitty attitude at my doorstep... I’ll now be doing the job myself and going to a parcel shop infrequently

I’ve not been here for the last four days so he must presume she’s the only one here. He’s going to have a bit of a suprise tomorrow when I open the door and wedge them straight down his throat.

Even the slightest of gob and he’ll be picking paving slab from his gums.

Pete J, IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Don't be ridiculous, I mean social distancing and all that :winking: