1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

LG Q70.

Stupid phone dying.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Cannot approve more strongly.

Arboreal likes this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Never tried it - you make it sound a tad sickly.

4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thanks Byron, after a lot of thought and planning I went with the “devil I know” to carry on learning with.
    I did get carried away considering inexpensive Inspire 1s and Typhoon H6s, but decided they would be too big and intrusive.

Seeing hexcopters did make me think of you and your adventures...

The folding Mavic design means it can go almost anywhere easily and is ready to fly in no time at all.

First flight in the garden was ok, but it was too windy to be safe for long.
    I just pottered round and flattened the 2 batteries.

David likes this.
  5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Noooo kendel mint cake is so good. Just bite a little off and let it melt in your mouth. It's so good. In minty treats it's only bettered by Bassett's mint creams.

6. David

Makes sense - you'll have all the extras from your other Mavic.

Arboreal likes this.
  7. Arboreal

Exactly, this came with a set of low noise props which I was going to buy had I not lost t'other one. Batteries = 4, so a full compliment for the multi charger!

I now have 2 handsets, so can experiment with tandem flying with my flying buddy.

The rather natty carry case is useful in a way that the DJI FM kit isn't :cool:. It means I can go out with the MP, 2 batteries and handset without having to break out the full backpack setup.

David likes this.
  8. David

Four batts - nice. Let me know how you get on with the low noise props - they are quieter but I didn't like the slight jello effect that popped up occasionally on the footage, and I couldn't dial it out in the settings. I mean, they'll do as last gasp spares, but I'd rather not use them.

I had the same thought and nearly purchased that exact same case to replace my FM case, but ended up just going with the BP200. I got £30 for the useless FM case on feebay.

9. Arboreal

Jello? that's worrying, is it because the props were designed for the Platinum with different ESCs?
    I recall you selling the useless handbag, £30 is a real win.

My initial reaction flying for a short time yesterday was that they weren't noticeably quieter, but I'll need to go out and test them on a longer run and look out for possible jello.
    I have a set of standard props that came with the new Pro and a random selection in my other kit having split one a few months ago clipping a groyne - definite squeaky bum moment! Footage available...

I must have used the last of my lives with that incident and the one where I was over water and couldn't get home from downwind and had to force it to land on a derelict site...

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Finally caved today and pre-ordered Desperados III.

11. David

They produce a lower pitch and the noise doesn't seem to travel as far - I found it was harder to hear it a few hundred feet away. The jello is slight and seemingly intermittent but once you see it...

If you have another near-miss over water, I'm driving over there to give you a damned good slapping, on general principle! :lol:

I had one moment near Carisbrooke castle - it was fairly windy but not too bad. That changed at anything over 100 feet - the wind was so strong that switching to sport mode and pinning the throttle was enough come back to me at ~ 1.5mph.

Arboreal likes this.
  12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yay, found 2 :clap:

[​IMG]

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Nice, mate! You can fly for a full 10 to an incredible 12 minutes!

:p:

Arboreal likes this.
  14. Arboreal

The wonders of modern engineering; flying for a bit, then beep beep beep battery low...:rolleyes:

On a good day, they should be good for 20+ minutes each

15. David

Yeah, I easily get one hour+ out of three batteries, usually landing with the batt percentage still in the mid-teens. It'll drop a bit if I'm blatting around at 40mph in sport mode, obvs, but I rarely do that.

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yeelight YLFW01YL
    [​IMG]

Since my Echo Studio has arrived the desk lamp had to go. I didn’t like it anyway as the light was far too intense, I used it more to avoid turning on the living room lights. I was always after something slightly warmer and more atmospheric.

From what I’ve seen of the light it looks good, I think I’ll enjoy it and if the temperature picks up it’ll be great to take into the garden for a evening drink. I’m unsure on if the price was worth it yet though

Byron C likes this.
  17. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

https://imgur.com/gallery/ke6Sgt9

[​IMG]

Some antique wiring I’m paying to get taken out. Guess that counts as a purchase right?

Lead sheathed 2 core wire. The wires are “insulated” by a canvas cover, with some waxed paper to separate the two cores.

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Switching energy provider which should save us 20-30% a year and 100% renewable energy.

IanW and adidan like this.
  19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

We're with Bulb and they make that claim except, you get whatever's being supplied to the National Grid at the time you are using it.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I was with iSupply, but then 6 months in they decided to pull out of the UK market so now I'm back with damn EDF, as EDF bought the contracts! The price is staying the same at least! I use one of those auto switching services so I'm always on the cheapest service though :)