1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend Me A New Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by damien c, 24 Jun 2020.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Recently my Logitech G502 I think it was failed me, the mouse wheel click stopped working and the cable felt abit meh near the connection to the mouse.

I bought a Corsair M65 but I have noticed in some games the left click does not always register and then at times it registers a click without actually clicking it and it will also register that I am holding the button down whilst my finger is not on the button, it has got me killed a few times in PUBG :wallbash:

I thought it maybe the USB Hub it's plugged in to and tried it on the pc itself both on front and rear ports and it was the same.

I have decided to go for a wireless mouse this time and it must have the following:

1: Bluetooth and Wireless because, I will connect it via Wireless to my gaming pc and Bluetooth to my work PC, won't be connected to both at the same time but needs to be easy to switch between modes.

2: At least 3000dpi, usually I game at 2500-2750 but if needed I sometimes jump up to 3000.

3: At least 6 buttons, 3 on the left side, left and right plus wheel click. If there are more on top and only the normal 2 on the side that is fine but ideally 3 or 4 on the left side would be great.

4: Side buttons need to be programmable so I can set one to be the "Minus -" key which I use for muting all audio in PUBG, currently have the sniper button on the M65 changed to this in the corsair software.

5: Around the same size and weight as the Corsair M65 or heavier, I don't like light mice they need to be heavy, best mouse I have ever owned for weight was a old Coolermaster one.

6: Rechargeable by cord not a MAT as I don't use a MAT.

7: Not ASUS! (Big no no I don't want cheap low quality tat)

Ideally under £200 but could stretch to £250 if needed and can comprimise on the buttons, size and weight but not on 1, 2, 4 and 6.

Hit me with some options if possible or tell me I am stupid and need to be more realistic :waah:

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Logitech MX Master whatever-the-hell-number-they-are-up-to-now-3?

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Avoid the G903, I went through 2 with the same bugs (left click stopped working, drop-outs of connection), both within a year!

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Me too. Won't be touching Logitech again for a while, until they sort out QC.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Same, I had to RMA some speakers afer only a few months this year! Really shocked as I've always heard people say good things!

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Logitech Master MX 3 seems OK, I struggled with it initially but mostly because I felt it was heavy, also RF performance didn't seem amazing no doubt due to location of machine/dongle versus mouse but hooked up via bluetooth and I have had no such issues so am quite happy now.

4000dpi and can store 3 machines by which you can switch to with a button on the underside

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/logitech-mx-master-3-wireless-mouse,6311.html

Last edited: 25 Jun 2020
  7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

How long have you had it for?

8. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I cant speak for the 3 (or 2S), burt if they're built anything like the original, then i've been using mine for 5+ years, I have one at work and one at home, the only problem i have noticed is one now has a rattle (developed during WFH in lockdown, which is, probably, due to my 1yr old son using it as a hammer... :rollingeyes: )

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Thats the thing, the new stuff seems to be garbage!

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Since Nov 2019, had quite light use until March when I have become exclusively WFH and now use it ~12 hrs a day, I did change the mouse surface too which might have helped.

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Too early to tel lthen, hopefully its not the same as my Logitech stuff!

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Ordered the Master MX3 this morning from Amazon for delivery tomorrow.

Hopefully this will resolve some issues and be a decent mouse.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well the Master MX3 didn't last long.

It's being collected today as I am sending it back, it's just not responsive enough.

Playing PUBG trying to drag items etc for fast looting, it wasn't dragging half the stuff and when clicking to actually fire it just wasn't responding fast enough.

I have ordered a wired G502 again, and at some point I will grab a different wireless mouse and try some different ones.

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The high end logi, razor and corsair wireless mice should be fast enough. MX mice use normal RF rather than the low latency stuff in gaming focussed mice.

damien c likes this.
  15. sandys

sandys Multimodder

click latency of the MX master is a bit higher than g502 at 16ms vs 10ms but should be low enough, are you sure you didn't have some undesirable options on in the software or just stiff new buttons?

It does have quite a low polling latency perhaps you are sensitive enough to notice that.

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Remember thats under ideal conditions, if you stray from that then problems will occur faster for the MX than something like the 502 Pro or 902 :)