1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That ain't AC.
    Save yourself 30 quid, tie some ice cubes up in a wet flannel and hang that in front of a fan, or put a bowl of ice water in front of a fan, hey presto you've got what they're selling for the price of nowt.

MLyons and IanW like this.
  2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This is why I asked you guys. I like tech but im a bit of a sucka.. Thanking you.

3. Fizzban

I owe you a beer. Next time you in London or Kent area. Know you got a beer on hand.

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Don't get me wrong, it'll work to a degree, but it is just evaporative cooling, and I like cobbling stuff together with what I have on hand.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm fatter than I have been in about four years. Today I spent most of it in the garden, but yesterday and the day before I spent four hours each day in here.

[​IMG]

It's like being in a sauna. Like, you get these weird burning sensations then you realise it's your own sweat running down your body. And then your sweat runs into your eyes and stings LF.

TBH I figured I wouldn't last ten minutes, but it's kinda nice lol.

6. Fizzban

I went to my local shops. I ducked into my local woods there and back. Sun shade, right?

50% in wood shade, and I still sat in front of fan when I got home for 20 mins. Sweat pouring off me like I was training droplets how to exchange heat energy.

This bro aint used to max temp. It is 30 C now. It been this temp for 9 hours. Dah ****? My house is built for winter. Gimme Mediterranean weather and I'm gonna melt. But I been to Italy. They aint hardcore. They have AC in there rooms and houses. I'm sitting in a brick sauna like...my life choices..what did I do? Cold England..cloudy England..BRUH you been here last 10 years. No relief.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Mrs is free tomorrow so going to just go there in the mort and either get something done or an appointment to get something done.

Will seek one out. Thanks.

8. Fizzban

My thoughts are with you. NHS will do some things. But they are selective. If they offer to do "it" here and then. Take it unless this stuff creeps you out. I'm a massive tit ..I gotta get me some serious drugs before I'm okay. It is weird too..you are awake..just.. vacant.

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Bloody pollen.

Had to have the windows open, I just can't do warm, woke up earlier and not so bad. Dropped back to sleep and have woken with the driest puffiest eyes in ages.

Can't even read what i'm writing much. Best go dig out those eye drops and asjjf kkffx hjydst jbbfgn...

perplekks45 likes this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

From the other thread:

Later, when the humidity increased and the wind dropped out, it was really unpleasant. This morning with windows and the front and back doors open, breeze blowing through and it's 23C, lovely.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I have one of those. It's just a mini version of the larger 'air coolers' you can buy. It has absorbent material in front of a fan and a reservoir for chilled water; absorbent stuff sucks up the water, fan blows air over the cold thing, therefore you have cold air.

It only works if the water stays cold.

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I called first thing and got angan appointment for Monday morning. Good job as they're not even opening the door unless you have an appointment so would have been awkward trip. Got doctors appointment at 1.30 too so got some updating to do.

Mrs has horrendous hayfever. Used a ton of tissue in the summer, always sneezing, has difficulty breathing at times. It's so bad it keeps ME up at night sometimes. lol

13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Got an email with a verification code to update an email... problem is I never made that request and its for some sort of onlyfans profile.... 'MonicaBubba'

I don't understand who would do that because its quite clear I wouldn't approve that request (Why would that also benefit them?} and I can't see how someone would confuse my email for there's... its obviously not completely out of the question It was an error but I'm starting to feel its someone trying to annoy me..

Congrats. it worked.

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:thumb:

I could have it worse, didn't start getting it until in my late twenties.

But yeah, all the tissue getting used up by your missus? Not buying that mate :lol:

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My sympathies to you and your Missus. Also, has she tried Azelastine Hydrochloride nasal spray? It works wonders for me, but it's prescription only so a GP visit will be required as/when that becomes possible.

16. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Lighting strike nearby took out our phone line, orange modem router box, oven (3 months old after old one was killed by previous lighting strike), pool cleaning robot (first world problem I know), 1 WiFi mesh unit and the Gigabit Ethernet hub.

Hence I have just ordered a whole house surge protector, RJ11 surge protector, and some additional earthing rods to try to prevent damage next time. Found some surge protectors on Amazon for under £6 and I've actually ordered one just to take it to bits to see whats actually inside! The branded, European made and genuinely CE certified 3 phase + Neutral one I have ordered and actually intend to install is a lot more expensive.

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My next door neighbour has discovered the delights of revving a dirt bike inside his garage at all hours.

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Look on the positive side, it's an opportunity for you to practice starting uncontrolled fires. Maybe near garage doors.

IanW, The_Crapman and liratheal like this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oo, my area. Out of professional curiosity (and being nosey), what surge units did you get?

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Message from wheel man on eBay, hasn’t arrived...

Not surprising although considering when I checked the tracking receipt for Hermes and confirmed the post code it eventually was “delivered” to the postcode. But overtime never moved from the eBay international shipment depot so clearly never actually got there

I suspect it was probably kicked around the warehouse for a while and sent to landfill before being marked as delivered.

I’ve stopped using Hermes collection since, it’s honestly not worth the aggro in my opinion. You get what you pay for...