1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Looking for a new (used) car, possibly hybrid?

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeStorm, 3 Mar 2020.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Interesting cheers, I had been potentially warned that if the octavia is on original shocks they may need replacing soonish.
    About the maps I'm used to using out of date sat navs but I'd probably try to make sure they were up to date (ish at least) before buying if I do decide to go for it.

Love the colour of the nissan as does my OH, interior we like both, exterior she definitely prefers the nissan I'd be happy with either, but the spec of the nissan is better with the reversing camera and heated seats, weaker engine (but still ok I think compared to some of the mazda3s I was looking at), and smaller boot space (but again still good for the class, just obviously nothing on the octavia).

Mazda3 was considered the main alternative as we both like the outside, but less keen on the interior, and have to go for the 2l I think to get ok performance as the 1.6l specs were a little lacking.

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I have had that happen on so many cars of all brands, poor roads, chips and fatigue. my cars have been from 6-10yrs old.

3. GeorgeStorm

Well to give this a final(?) update.

Picked this up yesterday on the way home having visited my parents.

It's a Nissan Pulsar in Tekna trim, 64 plate with 42kish miles, had a couple of bits done to it by the previous owner I'm guessing like painting the badges and covering some of the silver trim with a carbon fibre type cover which the OH quite likes so that was an added bonus.

Driving the rest of the journey home in it coming from the corsa was definitely weird having been so used to it, but no doubt cruise control was great, was more comfortable, quieter, and guessing much better mpg as well so no real complaints so far!

There is a rattling when going over bumps which seems to be from the centre console trim next to the drivers feet not being properly attached or something as if I rest my clutch foot against it it stops so will need to try and have a look at that maybe.

Also some damage to the front left I didn't notice before paying for it and then completely forgetting about it until I arrived home! Not the end of the world though.
    Just glad to have this whole saga done with as I think it was constantly going in the back of my mind.

Mr_Mistoffelees and wyx087 like this.
  4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Nice one.

It's always overwhelming when looking at new car, there's so many things to check and even with a checklist, it's easy to miss things.

That fog light looks like non OEM.

If I may ask, out of interest, how does this work with you moving to Holland?

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Looked at used Pulsars on Nissan website and the foglights look right.

6. GeorgeStorm

Yeah and when I test drove it it hadn't been valeted/cleaned and was a bit muddy etc so I think if I did see it I assumed it was just grime type thing.

Haha that is one of the many questions I have to answer with regards to moving, since it's not (quite) 100% yet that we're going, and this had already been delayed so much, figured let's just get this sorted and go from there.