1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

You still don't get it you fu**ing spunkmuppets?
    How are we supposed to prepare for speculation that contradicts the other speculation?

"Hey boss, can I waste time and money to remove the roof of the building, 5 out of 5 weather forecasts contradict each other but it might not rain tomorrow" isn't something that works in the real world.

Fingers66 and edzieba like this.
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

If we had a government that was actually concerned with doing what is best for the country, rather than stroking their right-wing, self-centred egos, we wouldn't need to prepare for a no-deal scenario. Rather they would be seeking an extension to the transition period, to give more time to prevent a no-deal.

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

If we had a government that was actually concerned with doing what is best for the country, we wouldn't be in the mess in the first place.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Hey, people vote for clowns, they get a circus.

edzieba likes this.
  5. Nexxo

Just noticed this:

[​IMG]

On the right side of the plane the flag is painted upside-down. The red diagonal stripe leads clockwise. It should be leading counter-clockwise. On the left side it is the right way up:

[​IMG]

Clearly they folded over the design over the leading edge of the tail fin to keep it consistent, but the consequence is that the right side of the plane is now signalling distress. :lol:

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Nexxo but it only cost £900k so what do you expect...?

Seeing something visible for money the Government have thrown at things recently is at least a new change.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

In slightly less amusing news:

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Even the "but muh nationalism" angle doesn't make sense as an explanation...

As everyone is openly admitting we will hand over all data to the US anyway, so might as well just buy some fit for purpose satellites from them.

10. Nexxo

"Too late!" said the White Rabbit...

Support for Brexit is collapsing as poll finds big majority of British people want to be in the EU

Possibly because Ipsos Mori found:

11. RedFlames

And this is why, in their orgasmic delerium at actually winning... brexiteers seem to be going for a full on 'burn bridge? screw that, lets nuke them form orbit and then salt the earth afterwards' approach...

A: it's all the stuff they never thought they'd get to do [because they never expected to win]
    B: it makes re-joining in a timely manner [if at all] borderline impossible

12. Nexxo

edzieba likes this.
  13. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

The view of quite a few Brits who are on a Facebook forum dedicated to living in this part of France is that Brexit is a good thing and the sooner the UK leaves the EU completely the better, these are people who have retired to France FFS. They voted for Brexit and now a few of them are starting to complain that France may not allow their adult children to also retire to France.

I would try to point out stupidity of their comments but frankly I don't have the capacity to remain polite while doing so and have therefore remained silent instead.

BTW if you need another hit of photographs of the French countryside Nexxo let me know, 26 degrees here today, nice breeze lovely and green.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

This might be a stupid question, but among those that have retired to France how many of them actually have the right to stay in the event of no deal? Of those that do have the right to stay, how many have actually started doing the paperwork?

I can see a lot of deportations coming for complacent expats who assume they'll 'just be allowed' to stay and that their immigration status won't change. Either that or very expensive emergency visa applications.

15. RedFlames

Deportations followed by HMG telling them they're not entitled to benefits or NHS treatment on account of how long they've been out of the country.

16. Nexxo

Yes please. I need a fix to keep my dream alive... Working in the NHS with the COVID-19 crisis going on makes retirement seem a long time off yet.

If they have lived there at least 5 years and have obtained a carte de sejour, they should be OK. But many may not have bothered with that. And of course their children won't have automatic right to remain now.

Holiday home owners? Their dreams of retirement in France have gone up in smoke.

17. RedFlames

Also France might be relatively reasonable on this topic... Spain [from what I gather], not so much.

18. RedFlames

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well I just did some reading and the French are geniuses, evil geniuses, but geniuses all the same.

Any brits who already have a Carte de Sejour Permanent, will also have to apply to have it updated as the current one they have will become invalid at the end of the transition period when the UK's status changes.

There is a grace period of 1 year from the end of the transition period for applications to complete. However, the deadline for applications to begin, both updates to existing visas and for new ones, was six months after the day the UK leaves the EU and ignores the transition period completely. I believe that deadline passed a few days ago.

C'est magnifique!

I look forward to the endless Christmas sob stories in the red tops.

20. RedFlames

Boris' World Beating 'apparent success'.