1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trumpet Blowing 2020

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by meandmymouth, 8 Jan 2020.

1. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

40M is my next target, which I should hit in a couple days. I've finally got my 1060 up and running in my server and that will be running 24/7 for now. It's awesome to finally see my PPD over 1M!

dark_avenger and Arboreal like this.
  2. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

Concur with MLyons. Had 'babysitter' running for 3 days and it has on several times nudged slots for more wu's which has given me a more consistent daily ppd.

3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Slump in production from me but should be able to up this now AC should be arriving today.
    The mini server room is complete haha :)

4. kim

kim hardware addict

Hi guys...I am still far from you in the race, but happy to have join the team, I came in on the 3rd of april, and I am happy (and puzzled ) to have already overtaken 3M :happy:, and to be ranked N° 533 in a single month, but then I checked the team's stats this morning, and I noticed that, besides the fact we lost one place in the ranking, (12-13) :sigh:, we were only 231 active folders on 7713 :rollingeyes:, amazing no?

Last edited: 26 May 2020
    Arboreal likes this.
  5. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Finally have my name in red... stats are catching up so now show as 2m PPD, should average out to 3m so should be 5/6th in the team.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Had to turn ours off due to the heat. :(

7. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Ah - the heat is great in autumn and winter, not so nice in spring, and unbearable in the summer - been there ... no wait ... still there :hehe:

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I have permanent aircon in the room my rigs are set up in so ambient is around 19°C in the summer, drops to around 17°C in winter. Expensive, but totally worth it for the lack of heat management hassle!

Crazy really, it's like having a 2000W heater in a walk-in fridge, both desperately fighting each other for dominance :hehe:

9. kim

kim hardware addict

sunny every days here as well, I gotta create a cool air stream by keeping 2 windows open permanently in the computer room, in a way to maintain the ambiant temp around 24/25°C during the day, a bit less at nights...far in the mist compared to you guys, but happy cuz I passed the 4 million points tonight...:grin:
    [​IMG]

Arboreal likes this.
  10. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

100m at last. Production getting steady, 2.8~3m ppd. Should climb up quick enough now.

dark_avenger, MLyons and Arboreal like this.
  11. DocJonz

Nice job :thumb:

12. kim

kim hardware addict

13. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

Kim

Well done! You did ask about babysitter. I rebooted one machine a few days ago and forgot to restart babysitter. You can guess what happened this morning when we went out! An idle slot. Looking back over the records the software keeps it had nudged a slot a few days ago 3 times early one morning.

kim likes this.
  14. kim

kim hardware addict

Thanks for your reply @desertbaker, well, you're right, first time I read about the babysitter was on this thread, mentioned by MLyons, first I smiled, "using the babysitter" made me think to a totally different thing :naughty:, but then I understood it was kinda an assignment manager...I thought it could be useful cuz I had issues with GPU assignments in the begining, but this problem has been solved with the latest version, hence, I deleted my sentence; actually, both CPUs and GPUs on both of my folding rigs are permanently assigned...:grin:, I'm near the 6M actually, I feel like the last runner in a race, you guys are already so far away from me, but I don't give up, so many did already it seems to me :sad:

Last edited: 20 Jun 2020
  15. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Top 50 producers now and will break 200m points today, also now managed to up myself to over 5m ppd, once it stabilises I should just edge ahead of PC Rich making me number 3.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. DocJonz

I think to be in the top '50' producers (in the world) you need to be pulling >35M a day !
    Congrats on getting to the team top '5' producers and the 200M milestone :thumb:

17. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Need to try and convince the Nvidia Saturn 5 rigs to fold under my name for a day to catch up... The power some of these companies have to spare is just insane. I remember when I last did this, about 10 years ago the amount of hype in trying to get just 1m ppd out of a single machine. Now I'm over 4m with just two 2070s and a 3950X. Not even that much of an outlay and the power draw is decent too. Being honest, looking forward to overtaking zz9pzza, I remember when he showed up and everyone's jaws dropped.

18. DocJonz

Remember it well - came out of nowhere to hit the top mark around the summer of 2011 !

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Was it that long ago??

20. 1Car1_Garforth

1Car1_Garforth What's a Dremel?

Folding as 1car1_Garforth, just got onto page 1 of the EOC results with 65 million.