1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Recommend a shower head

Discussion in 'General' started by silk186, 8 Jul 2020.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

Not even remotely a tech question but I've had good luck here. I'm renting a ground floor flat with a combi boiler. It had an Ionic Shower Head full of magic rocks that are supposed to ionise the water and remove chlorine or some BS. Apparently, you are supposed to replace the rocks every 6 months. Anyways, I prefer to save my money to buy radiation blocking stickers for my cellphone. I read Mira is good, so I ordered a Mira Response and I'm disappointed as it doesn't perform as well as the magic rock head that has sprung a leak. I don't care about 256 different settings with RGB. As long as it has one stong setting that isn't bunghole I will be good. Mira also suggests I need to spend as much on a new host to increase pressure by up to 25%, is that Mira BS? Anyways, the Mira is going back. Does anyone have recommendations for something good under £30?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

If you like the Ionic Shower Head, can't you just keep using without all the magic rocks? Might even get a flow boost. Or you can try it with other materials, replace the energy balls with coffee grounds.

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

I don't know how old it is, it's unhygienic and it has sprung a leak - the main reason.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got to admit you got me there. being bit-tech you should really mod the old one to work or do a scratch build... I'll even make a project log exception :dremel:

Dr. Coin and adidan like this.
  5. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Oops I missed that detail in the first post.
    FYI a new magic Ionic Shower Head is only £12, less than half your budget and you can get a clone unit with RBG for the same price!

My partner replaced one of our shower heads a couple years back with a Waterpik brand unit (I think model ZZR-769ME or its predecessor) and it seems reasonable. I haven't noticed any issues despite the over use of plastic. I don't see the model on Amazon.co.uk and what Waterpik units I did see are just above your price.

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Mod it with a hammer, then you can put the rocks around a pot plant.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

The free water saving stuff we got from Affinity water are very good, better than an expensive branded one we bought from B&Q.
    It saves water, yet I feel it sprays enough showering water and spread to be comfortable. I also use their water saving connector on the en-suite overhead shower, which reduces water consumption (evident from combi boiler working not as hard) but there's still more than enough water hitting me.

See here for how to get free water saving stuff.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/cut-water-bills/#gadgets

8. silk186

silk186 Derp

"We don’t offer free products in your area however you can still make great savings through our Savings Engine™." - Discrimination! Rabble Rabble Rabble!!!

9. silk186

silk186 Derp

3D printed shower head based off an AIO backplate design? Seems like a future Bit-Tech article.

10. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm very tempted to make a golden shower part of my morning rituals

[​IMG]

Dr. Coin likes this.
  11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I got that exact magic rocks head for about £3 from your favourite online Chinese retail outlet, it's not terrible but there's certainly better out there.

Make sure you check your shower hose and drill out any flow restrictors that are in there to "save water".

I've been considering this, the reviews are good:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Pressure-Shower-Head-Showerhead/dp/B07CQH9KSR/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=shower+head&qid=1594306531&sr=8-5&th=1

I'm assuming I could just fit it to the end of the shower hose rather than needing a proper fitted shower pipe. I've also seen it recommended on a few independant websites.

Or this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handheld-S...1&keywords=shower+head&qid=1594306531&sr=8-13

Is my most likely bet, as I think not being able to hold the first one would annoy me quite quickly!

Last edited: 9 Jul 2020
  12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I was going to suggest what Minimal said. A shower head shouldn't piss out less water than a bathroom faucet. They are usually in the inlet of the handset and can be removed with long nose pliers.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dr. Coin and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Goatee likes this.
  15. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Seems like a bad plot device for a 1980's comedy.

Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Didn’t the CIA try this on Castro?

17. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

certainly an exploding cigar, not sure that would have worked in the shower though...

18. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

In a shower you want the exploding oversized sea shell

19. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

The bomb proof one just arrived, will give feedback tomorrow....that sounds so creepy...

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Tags: