1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

perplekks45 and Arboreal like this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

<First World Problems Klaxon>

AV receiver is shafted.

It's glitched out occasionally for a while now (momentary loss of sound or video), but ever since one of the cats barfed over the top of it a few weeks ago it's gotten worse. A few days ago it started putting out a constant static hiss on all channels, it seemed to calm down over the last day or two but this evening I noticed that the front right channel is almost completely dead. There's practically zero volume coming from it. The speaker itself is fine sounds fine if I connect it to a different channel, this is definitely an amp problem.

I bought it from a mate two to three years ago and he'd already had it for about the same length of time, so it's definitely getting a bit long in the tooth now. I would have needed to replace it anyway when I got a 4K TV, I just wasn't quite ready to replace it right now.

I refuse to use the speakers built in to the TV any more, they're as bad as nails being scraped down a blackboard. I do have a few backup options but I'm going to miss having surround sound.

</First World Problems Klaxon>

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I think the best way is to damage their hive, they'll leave if it gets broken apparently and to do that in the cool of the evening. You can drown them too but that would be just plain nasty.

We have one in the ground in the garden, they can stay. I like them, they're great pollinators.

But yeah, a garden is different to a study.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

They are actually under the study in the space beneath the floor, entering and leaving through the air vent. If they were further away we would leave them but, their entrance is close to the front door and below the study window.

5. adidan

I get it, yeah, I love them but not so much if they were trying to read a book over my shoulder in my house.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Up at 2:30am Friday morning & 5:30am this morning so I’m really dead on my feet... having gone to bed exhausted last night I had a ****ed up dream that’s then affected me all day so I’ve not been really “with it” and now I can’t sleep.

Awesome.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Soldering, wiring and being unable to sit comfortably somewhere to do it is a massive pita. This is my current workstation
    [​IMG]

kim likes this.
  8. kim

kim hardware addict

At first glance, your tatty sofa, upholstered with velvet reminded me of a similar one in my parent's house, where I loved to plop myself down during my childhood, it was rather comfy to nap, or lounging in front of the TV, though, I never used it as a workspace :grin:

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

My Dentist.

Getting really pissed off with them now. Nearly 6wks since re-opening and they are still not taking appointments. I was due to have my bottom back tooth repaired, (a piece of it broke off) back on the 26th March, just one lousy day after they closed:wallbash:

I mean, WTF are they playing at. At this rate I'm only going to get in the Dentist chair when its beyond repair and/or I'm in agony with it and by then the only solution will be an extraction rather than what would have been a routine repair if they'd just got their act together.

They need to start doing their jobs and stop being such a bunch of cowards.

10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Their caution and safety procedures are for patient safety as well as their own.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2020
  11. DeadP1xels

Not ruining by any lengths, Ordered a new chair Friday for delivery on Saturday.

Never got dispatched until yesterday, no bother I can wait ... So DHL collected yesterday, expecting delivery for it today. Checked the tracking this morning and said parcel will be delayed... No bother I can wait! Its now changed to not been received from sender....Wait what? Contacted the sender and DHL to go down both routes.

I also noticed the arms look like they might not be removable, this means it won't fit under my desk. I'm now faced with either sending it back, leaving it to not fit snuggly under the desk and take up much needed space or replace the desk which I intended on doing anyway.

Finding a desk a reasonable size without being too big under £200 and in stock is proving difficult so I'm now considering raising the desk up 5cm by 3d printing each tapered, angled leg a convoluted shoe to raise it up but I'm 99% sure its not going to work and probably cost me a decent sum of money to fail at....

Oh and now amazon have a Phillips 499p9h 49" monitor going for £750 or there abouts (not in stock but I can still order and wait)

I feel like at the moment I'm never satisfied... I always want something and it never really makes a blind bit of difference. Stop spending your money on **** DP.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I completely agree.

HOWEVER, the money grabbing bar stewards are still taking the same monthly payment out of my account for providing literally no service at all. That grinds my gears.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Got a new car (to me) recently, had a seemingly slow puncture or something in one of the tyres, contacted the place I bought it, drove it over and they swapped the tyre to a new one as the other was old anyway.
    Couple of days later drove it to the office as needed to pop in, low pressure warning in the same wheel!
    Contacted again and again they said bring it in we'll have a look at it etc, no idea what could be wrong as it's a new tyre, potentially a cracked wheel?
    As a result they're going to give me a courtesy car whilst they look at it to make sure I don't have to keep coming back.

So whilst it's great they're sorting it for me without making a fuss, it's not great that they're based over an hour away!

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm sure your teeth are more important than the risk of them, or their patients, catching a very serious, very contagious, and very deadly disease.

Life will not go back to the way it was before for a long time, maybe not ever.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  15. DeadP1xels

It could just be a poor seal between tyre and rim. It does happen (twice for me)

fingers crossed its not a bend/crack!

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Another puncture
    Bad rim seal
    Bad valve
    Faulty sensor
    Local scallies

17. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah I mean it's good that (I believe) it's going to be fixed for free, just a bit annoying.

And yeah I've no idea, time will tell I guess!

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

No such thing as a skint private dentist...

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Christ almighty.

20. adidan

I know how painful teeth can be but get a grip.