1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Send it to Bethesda so they can do what's right and overdue with Fallout76.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Setting upa home network today has proved such an unexpected ballache that I've given up and bought Ace Combat 7: Deluxe edition on Steam...

... I may or may not already have it on Xbox...

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

MOT + four new tyres, fronts cracked rears worn wonky, either tracking of bushes to blame on the rear. See if the garage can see which looking at it.

[​IMG]

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

A second hand one of these with a 2400G, 8GB RAM and a 1TB rust spinner (I think, not entirely sure).
    [​IMG]

adidan, Yaka, Arboreal and 2 others like this.
  5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Ryzen DeskMini, yay! Lovely bit of kit.

I nearly bought an H310 board from a DeskMini a couple of weeks ago, but didn't as it was without the OEM SATA cables. I couldn't see an easy source for them.

I did however buy a cheap Gen3 i3 NUC just to keep the SFF habit going :D

Have fun with a small miracle!

6. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I first thought it was a PSU then I noticed the big IC in the middle and thought that seems a bit overkill for voltage regulation... then the penny doped.

Arboreal and Goatee like this.
  7. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Been doing some research over the past couple of days and decided to treat myself to a new printer. Behold, the LD-002R! Catchy!

[​IMG]
    I was comparing between the Elegoo Mars Pro and the Photon S when I spotted this on the Creality US store, stocked in the UK warehouse, delivery is next day via DPD.

Given there is a $20 discount (and VAT seems to have been swallowed up by them) I managed to bag it for the US price which converts to ~£192. That’s the sort of price you can expect to pay from Banggood or AliExpress.

The resin technology has come on too, with water based resins, so there is no longer a need for solvents in the cleaning process. So no more 95%+ IPA, for me it’s just warm water.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

But the rear IO...

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Do you have a link?

10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Last edited: 23 Jul 2020
    Bloody_Pete likes this.
  11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ordered. I've been after a 3D printer for *ages*, but the traditional filament-based ones are too bulky. That'll just about perch on the corner of my desk, if I shuffle things around a bit. Ta!

IanW and Goatee like this.
  12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

13. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

After my research (anti-vax level only, i.e. watching YouTube videos / reading reviews) my first stab will be using this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08251P8DP

reviews indicate no difference in print quality.

Price is 10-20% higher, but once you factor is your cleaning cost are water (free) rather than IPA / cleaner it might actually work out cheaper in the long run.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I feel like if your software uses WINE, claiming to support Linux is a bit of a cheat...

upload_2020-7-23_9-52-48.png

But it does, at least, work. Looks pretty straightforward, too, which is good 'cos I'm only simple, me.

Yaka, IanW and Goatee like this.
  15. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I have a filament i3 Clone printer, but the “plug and play” nature of this is rather appealing. My filament printer needed a lot of “tweaking” and modding to get a decent print quality.

There are some caveats with Resin, currently print volume is significantly smaller (120x65x160 vs 200x200x180 - WxDxH), your trading heat risks (bed and extruded) for chemical risks (resin) but print quality is better with resin but post processing and curing is required.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2020
  16. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Am i reading those dimensions correctly, and that you have a height of 120mm, depth of 65mm (front to back of machine) and width of 160mm (across the machine)?

17. Gareth Halfacree

I believe it's 120mm width, 65mm depth, and 160mm height - but aye, those are the overall printable dimensions. 's only for small stuff!

MadGinga and Goatee like this.
  18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Yep Gareth is correct, its quite a bit smaller as it uses a 2k LCD to give the print at each slice. The current use cases are more for printing higher detail smaller objects, miniatures, jewellery, models. However the the new Saturn printer (currently on preorder) due for commercial release later in the year is supposed to have a 4k panel, which gets a print volume comparable to filament printers. Expect something in the region of £400-£500, so the next price bracket up.

Its quite interesting the difference between the technologies, as my understanding with these printers is the volume of material is not really linked to print time, like on conventional filament printers. If you wanted to print a large flat panel 1mm thick on a filament printer it would take some time as the print head goes back and forth laying the print down all the material on a layer. On a resin printer the layers are "printed" at once and take a number of seconds / layer. This is relatively independent of if you print a small 10mm x 10mm part of a layer or the full build plate.

Maybe I should retract the anti-vax comment above, I appear to know more than I thought.... :D

MadGinga likes this.
  19. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Cool, ta.
    Pet peeve is dimensions without indication of which dimension is which...

Interesting that the "depth" is very small, but can print quite wide (relatively)...

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Damn you all, that printer looks rather tasty.