1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Second part of my desk turned up, contacted the company regarding the visible deep scratches to the top I’m the first package and they’ve given me a £50 refund so takes it down to £90.

I wish it was the only problem I found... second package has pieces with missing holes for dowels and cam lock bolts but the hole for the cam lock nut was there? I think it’s stable, I’ve contacted the company again to tell them their factory is shite

Other than that! The extra length and depth of the desk means I can open my laptop to the side and just feels like I have so much more space to move around, the added height also allows me to keep the arms of the chair off which in turn keeps the monkey (my son) off my back!

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just keep going for as much money back on getting something with faults you didn't order.

If you can live with it after that and it's stable, once you have fings and shite on it you'll forget about them probably :)

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Paid off a massive whack off debts this morning. One more gone completely; another one 95% done.

God damn that is satisfying.

Last edited: 28 Jul 2020
    xaser04, Goatee, yuusou and 6 others like this.
  4. DeadP1xels

I'll try my best, but I also want to highlight the fact the product is largely not fit for purpose! Its the standard low quality particle board furniture (I knew what I was buying) but you expect a factory not to miss holes for it to fit together.

Fortunately the leg missing the cam bolt sits up against the wall and provides minimal additional structure so it'll work for me in these circumstance otherwise I'd have sent it back and bought absolutely anything in its place.

I suspect I won't get a reply back unless they fear a negative review...

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It is amazing how things can get drilled and misdrilled or just plain missed on factory produced materials.

Even if they do you'd expect some sort of quality control.

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

That sounds entirely satisfying!

I'm close to paying off my student loan, although it doesn't bother me I'd like to have that box ticked off. Not so much that I'd pay the cash to clear it now, you understand; Martin Lewis would be sad.

Byron C likes this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

After some soldering.. A lot of soldering, the internet radio has volume control using the original volume knob.

Also my Chinese Gameboy game clones now have batteries and hold saves just like genuine ones. But look about a third as good. But are flashable.

8. DeadP1xels

Pay day this Friday and boy oh boy do I need it...

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I finished my student loan late last year. Did two and a half year's worth of study, never made it past the first year, and spent nearly two decades paying for it :thumb:.

Kids, don't do that! :lol:

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Pulled the can am out of mothball tonight, started flawlessly and looks as good as the day I put it away. Got it booked for a mot later this week ready for the weekend.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

(continued from ruining thread) ...but no leaks! :rock:
    [​IMG]

Vault-Tec, Dr. Coin, Gunsmith and 7 others like this.
  12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Whilst not as fancy as Crapmans, the overhaul is going well

[​IMG]

The_Crapman, Goatee, Dr. Coin and 2 others like this.
  13. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

There is something about seeing a stack of Dominator RAM that looks so nice.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Its not the fastest stuff going but it'll do until ram prices stop ****ing around.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Banana plugs for audio cables. Why can't everything use banana plugs/sockets?!

perplekks45 and The_Crapman like this.
  16. The_Crapman

Used "aviator" connectors in my mod and despite being an unbelievable pita to make, at least for a soldering noob, they do do a good job of keeping the cables neat in the front section. I was pretty shocked they work! Just wait till I run something beefy and they start smouldering :hehe:

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

*looks up aviator connectors*

Oh now those are pretty... I have very little use for them right now, but they're pretty indeed. Look like they could take some serious current, too.

18. The_Crapman

The ones I got are gx-16's, rated for 400v at 10amps. I'll get some god pics of them up tomorrow. Dead now. lol

Byron C likes this.
  19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Having Friday & Monday off as annual leave, first 2 days off since this covid crap started.
    Got a nice holiday cottage booked in the middle of nowhere on the east coast for a long weekend with the fam

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Many moons ago, a PSU manufacturer (whose name escapes me) used aviator connectors for their modular PSU, but they put the male connectors on the PSU. A single dropped screw... :duh: