1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yay !

Dolly disappeared once. Couldn't find her anywhere. Turns out she got herself locked in the boiler cupboard (nosey little get). Any way she came out covered in cobwebs it was hilarious.

She also tried to eat a spider once but it grabbed onto her nose. God that was hilarious.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Maybe he was out completing the ritual to curse your build?

Cats get very jealous when it comes to attention.

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Absolute buggers aren't they.

Mine will be the death of me, either through a heart attack, by tripping me down the stairs or smothering me in my sleep.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I think my £1200 gpu is faulty.

its under warrenty but **** am i not feeling sick right now.

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Having one of those days... the desk saga continues. it began seeing if I could get a couple quick out of them, the £50 was sufficient for me to let it go but I wasn't going to just ignore their factory wasn't doing what it needed to do.

**** me they're condescending.... "Okay sir, what would you suggest we do about your issue?"....hold on a minute mate.... this is far from "my issue" I'm trying to tell you of a pretty grave error in your manufacturing chain, you've probably supplied 15-30 customers with this horse ****..... I Ignored this initially because I thought it might have been lost in translation but got similar responses when trying to explain. Kept going round the houses until they just kept sending me DPD return labels (the equivalent of going LALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!)... when I first talked of a return during the scratch episode they said it would "probably be many months to arrive" and they had not more desks in stock for a loooooong time, which is code for "we couldn't give a ****, we'll wait until you chase us for your refund" so I'm not going to send it back to then be out of pocket for months on end. It took 4 days to come from Germany, how on earth did they think I was sending it back? on horseback!? oh and did I mention 15 desks are miraculously in stock days later....

I eventually gave up and left an honest (but 1 star) review. The desk works, some things are okayish but its shaking like a leaf any time I type, I'll probably have to spend some money and time fixing it if not having to try drill the holes in the particle board which is closer to a weetabix.

To top that off I've come home to a nice chunk missing from my new chair, looks like the demon child has rubbed it one too many times against the desk. No idea how to cover or protect it from further damage, probably just another victim of parenthood. My fault I suppose, teach me for wanting something I didn't really need.... So much for "Yeah he hasn't touched the chair!"

I'm in a baaaaad mood!

6. adidan

Post back to Germany?

Them having your sweet bundle of joy for a while may result in a full refund and a new desk so long as you agree to take them back.

Helpful much? No?

DeadP1xels likes this.
  7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Like a Trojan horse approach? Wait until they take delivery before they realise its already too late...

I like it.

adidan likes this.
  8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A friend of mine recently had his cat go on a month long walkabout. Came back very thin but is back to normal now.

I'm sure he's just having a little cat holiday!

EDIT: Just saw the updated responses!

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

These stupid games that people play when buying a house are currently grinding my gears.
    There seems to be this perception that the way to reach a deal is keep your cards as close to your chest as possible, when I'm quite of the opposite opinion.

If this is a business transaction and purely a spreadsheet exercise for you, I'm not interested in dealing with you, go away.
    If you like the house, and you want the house, let me know because I want to work with you to achieve just that, because news flash, I also want to sell you the house.

Too many people approach this in the same way they might a used car.
    Fortunately I've been able to have a pragmatic discussion with the property we're after, which has improved the situation massively. Don't think I'd be able to cope with either silly games or outright silence under the misguided idea that they're "making me sweat it out" on both sides.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It should be legal to hang people for leaving shopping trolleys lying around.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It should be legal to hang people for any reason I deem fitting.

MadGinga, DeadP1xels and Pete J like this.
  12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Blame daytime TV, they'll have picked that **** up from A place under the Hammer with Sarah Beanbag or whatever.

The same way the 1001 antiques programs led people to believe they could haggle on everything and that their random tat was worth something.

IanW likes this.
  13. fix-the-spade

There's a wasp next in my garden shed, the little yellow feckers announced their presence when I opened it today by stinging me several times. Ouch.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm not usually bothered about wasps, in the 56 years up to a couple of weeks ago, I had been stung only once. When I started to try and deal with the nasty little six legged, flying b@stards that setup under the floor of our study, I got stung so many times I felt ill the next day. I have had the last laugh...

15. fix-the-spade

A nice man from pest control came round today and he is having the last laugh.

#Edit

Aaaaaand they're deaded.

Now I can go back to my nice relaxing sunday of... backing up old IDE drives onto M-Discs and modern HDDs at 30mbps. Sometimes I wonder how we ever survived the olden times.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2020
    perplekks45, IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  16. adidan

Alcohol.

Lots of very strong alcohol.

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

High pressure high flow when it's windy.

[​IMG]

Like my tan?

[​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I hardly see any difference to when you normally get out in the sun.

Vault-Tec, The_Crapman and Pete J like this.
  19. adidan

6:15AM - cat chundered on the windowsill that went down the wall and in between one of the radiator fins.

6:16AM - I was rummaging for a box in the recycling bin outside in order to fashion a cat chunder radiator fin removal tool.

Mornings. Do one.

Goatee, Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

:hehe: