1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Valorant - who's playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MiNiMaL_FuSS, 5 Aug 2020.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Hi all,

I've been dipping my toe into Valorant (free-to-play) and must say I'm quite impressed.

There dosn't appear to be any pay-to-win type nonsense going on, with income prsumably just generated by skins and gimmicks.

It's very easy to pick up and play for 10 minutes to an hour, and is a blast with a couple of like minded friends.

There are a few irritating abilities and things to learn, but the game is mostly about patience and aim.

Which means, if like me, you're not a teenager any more, you'll actually be very good at this game as the majority of players run after you like an impatient child.

It clearly rips alot from CS, but I'm okay with that as it has quite a few good ideas of it owns.

There are bugs! Some will get you killed, which is annoying, but the patches are coming thick and fast.

There are hackers! Lots of them sadly, but the report function actually seems to work and they even send you a nice little email if somebody you report gets banned, which is a classy touch!

The auto-match is awful! This is the biggest problem, if you're playing alone then the teams can be incredibly one-sided, hence it's best to have a few friends in your squad and the game will fit you all into a single match.

Bottom line - I'd like to see who else is playing and hopefully add a few of you to the game :)

FuSS

P.S.

Be great to see some of the old BitTech - Bad Company 2 crowd back!

I'm looking at you Wyxy, Betty, Murray, MDMDMDrocks, and co (I might even play with deadbolt!)

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I installed it back when it got released. It installed "bad things". They made Destiny 2 run so bad I could hardly even move. I uninstalled it. Destiny ran great again. I never went back to it. I know they did add some fixes in because the anti-cheat broke everything, but I never went back. It's too much for me to keep downloading and uninstalling and everyone's good at it now so I missed the boat!

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

That dosn't sound great!

I'm a new comer to it, not noticed any problems, it dosn't force any bloat or its down version of steam or anything on me.

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's Vanguard (the anti-cheat) that caused me all the issues. It was a well-known thing and there were various fixes for disabling it, but if you wanted to play Valorant again it would make you download everything again because for some reason you couldn't just re-enable it. Having one game break all my other games is not acceptable, so it had to go.

Was a shame as it does look fun, but I already have enough on my plate without adding more games everyone's already really good at to my list!