1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I may just go that route then, if I can wrangle them anyway. Can always go for the towel attack method.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

We used that approach with the cat's worming tablet. While my good lady held her jaw open I launched it in (insert Carry On "oooh errr misus").

If the cat doesn't swallow when you close their mouth a gentle quick blow on their nose makes them swallow.

@Gareth Halfacree What was the particular water gizmo you picked up or do you think they're all much of a muchness?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't speak to any of the others, but I've got this'n. You need filters, and while the cheapo compatibles seem to work well enough I've found the considerably more expensive three-stage genuine filters last a lot longer - and if you're in a hard water area, you may *need* the three-stage ones to stop limescale building up in the pump and breaking it.

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  4. adidan

Awesome, thanks G, I was looking at that one - nothing to lose in picking one up.

I checked their website, suggests replacing the water each week - seems a bit long even though it is circulating.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Parent dropped some acidic chemical (weedkiller mixture) on the brand new uPVC back door step, Result, clear coat on top (of the foil coated redwood colour) has been eaten away leaving lots or pock marks so I now have to try and remove the rest and re spray.

6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Mitzi is just back from the vet having been spayed this morning.
    Feeling very sorry for herself and hating the cone... She's managed 2 eat 2 lots of 'plain food' poached fish followed by chicken!

[​IMG]

@Gareth Halfacree, very interesting about the water fountain. We may have to get one, plus a wall of filters as our water is seriously hard, and scales everything up instantly

She definitely prefers the water from the dripping tap to the bowl next to the food, given half a chance.

Of course there is the option of drinking Mrs A's water having just turned the laptop onto airplane mode :eek:

[​IMG]

adidan, IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

YES, get a water fountain, cats love 'em!

They do indeed prefer water that flows and their water should indeed be well away from their food. First time we switched it on our older (and fussier) cat was sat there playing and drinking for about 10 minutes.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Double post, sue me:

SCORCHIO...

[​IMG]

IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

One of my bengals refused to drink water from a bowl. It had to be literally straight out of the tap with lots of air bubbles in it. I wondered why they used to hop up on the side and bat the water with their paws.

10. Vault-Tec

Yeah I ain't gonna like this fookin SUCKS.

All I managed to do today was put on two bloody stickers and a set of grips before I was soaked.

11. adidan

Never thought i'd miss hanging around or racing through Schiphol airport but i'd have preferred to have been there today.

:sad:

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm loving it - hot, humid conditions with practically no breeze, wearing a face mask.

No, wait... Hating, not loving. That's it.

adidan and lancer778544 like this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Screw this.

I've been sleeping fine until last night. I don't even think it was the heat, just more the fact we had people coming and I knew I had to get up. I don't know how much sleep I got but it wasn't much. I then had this dream that whilst I was away two feral kittens got into my flat and pissed over everything, ruining it. I kept trying to find something to put them in but they kept escaping. I woke up so bloody annoyed lol. Then I had to carry two bikes and a 32" curved monitor up my stairs in this sodding heat. Then come back, set up my brother's PC and get my stuff off it.

Horrible. To make matters worse I then had to set up the new monitor for here (my 32" HP) and now I am sat here soaked in sweat with a fan blowing hot air on me. Super.

Might sleep out in the garden tonight.

14. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

37 degrees outside here this afternoon, only just starting to cool down now. House is at a cool 23 degrees, thankfully the 0.7m thick granite walls keep it nice and cool.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

7mm? That doesn't sound very thick.

<re-reads>

Oh! Yeah, that's pretty thick...

Arboreal likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Spending way too much time staring at the innards of this computer. If you ever want to get yourself a machine to test MorphOS on then don't get a Power Mac G4 Quicksilver!

[​IMG]

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Buying a Mac is rarely the right decision.

adidan, IanW, yuusou and 4 others like this.
  18. adidan

Should have been eating breakfast by the lake this morning and catching up with the OH's family :(

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Didn't really want to be posting this after my previous posts in this thread (dad collapsing and being diagnosed with a brain tumour).

Following multiple trips to hospital, surgery to remove what they could and a second major seizure (not a call you want at 2am) my dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 terminal cancer (essentially what was there has aggressively spread and is not curable - I don't know the technical terms they used).

Estimation from the consultant is 3-6 months. He was offered radiotherapy but the consultant basically said that if he survived it then it would only add at best a month.

I am really struggling to process everything at the moment. This only started in May and now we are here.

I really ******* hate 2020.

:(

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm really sorry to hear that. I've been through something very, very similar with both my parents, so I can imagine what you're going through right now.

Make the best out of whatever time you end up having left with him. In the end, all you (or anyone in that kind of situation) can do is to be there.

And, this may sound harsh, but you'll get over it in the long run. I'm still struggling after losing my mum almost exactly one year ago, but I know I'll eventually get better at dealing with it. And not because I read it somewhere, but because I managed to do so after my dad passed away 17 years ago.