1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ITX Anonymous Club

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arboreal, 11 Jun 2016.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just waiting on a GPU block and all this is going in my M1:

[​IMG]

:D

Vault-Tec, BeauchN and adidan like this.
  2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Lotta plumbing to cram into an M1 there @David. Haven't dabbled with the WC addiction...yet

I'd better post some pics of my MT4-S case this weekend.

Hoping the mobo and CPU combo arrive tomorrow... It came with 8GB, but I've bought it some Ballistix Tactical Tracer to relive the pre RGB LED goodness that I regret disposing of!

3. David

SFF water cooling is where it's at. The "at" being copious helpings of skint knuckles and frustration.

Pretty sure the gpu block won't get here until after I get back from a trip up north to see Ma, Pa and Sis for my burfday bash.

AliExpress for the win wait. Woot!

MLyons likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Gonna need a good pair of size 10s to carefully squidge that into a case by the looks of it mate.

Either that or just wave goodbye to the skin on your soft delicate hands :)

MLyons and David like this.
  5. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

I’m pretty tempted to WC mine once I’ve got a decent CPU in it. Hopefully that will force to stop tinkering with it. That IceMan reservoir looks like a really good option for the M1

David likes this.
  6. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Got any links? Planning my Ncase rebuild atm

Arboreal likes this.
  7. Arboreal

@nimbu, if you've not watched Ali's latest M1 videos on Optimum Tech, check em out here, as they 're essential viewing for ultimate M1 watercoolingness.

David likes this.
  8. adidan

I really shouldn't even peak in this thread, it's far too tempting to downsize from mATX and spend cash when I really don't need to.

Unless i need something for the living room. Or a nas. Or, no, stop it...

David likes this.
  9. David

All that extra cash you make as a webcam girl? Go on, treat yourself. You deserve it.

adidan likes this.
  10. adidan

But you're spending all your money, that's 99% of my income stream gone already.

You can be so selfish.

David likes this.
  11. David

Sorry, but I just don't feel like you're putting the effort into it any more, and that pink baby doll outfit has seen better days.

adidan likes this.
  12. adidan

Yeah, could probably do with a wash to be fair.

13. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

14. Arboreal

15. adidan

Apologies for guffing up your thread mate. :oops:

In all seriousness now, I often have the impression that you and others may have, what seems like, half a dozen or so SFF on the go. What do you use them for or is it just a case of tinkerers itch?

The more I hover in here the more I feel I need a SFF for the living room but as I have a PS4 and freeview box i'm not sure what i'd use it for.

Although I seriously do need a NAS for backup at least and SFF woild be ideal for that. Or switch my secondary rig for SFF to live on the little desk.

God damnit, if i think any more it'll cost me money.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. Arboreal

Absolutely no worries; surely thread derails are what makes B-T the wonderful madhouse to inhabit!!! :confused:

Remember it's all about the want not need...

I have 3 'proper' SFF kits on the go plus one to tinker with:

Original Silverstone SG05 - family PC with H81 ITX i5 4590 + 8GB DDR3 for general use and lightweight video editing
    Silverstone SG13 - daughter'd PC with H170 ITX G4400 + 4GB DDR3(!) for general use
    NCase M1 - my gaming and photo/video editing workstation with i5 8400 + 16GB DDR4 1.5TB of M.2 storage and a GTX970

You'll have to wait and see what my new tinkering ITX PC is as it's super small and going to be a real PITA to build in!

I also have a Thin ITX Q87T from the recent buying spree on ebay; I did have everything else to make it a complete PC in stock, other than an mSATA SSD; oh and a proprietary HP H61 thin 'not' ITX board that has a G620T which also powered by a 19v brick.

My next build was going to be a pretty compact 11L mATX setup, but it all went a bit wrong the other month. I bought a used RX 570 ITX which worked for a few mins then died. It seems to have done something nasty to my semi recently acquired i5 6500, so the B250M board is now empty and may have been damaged too :(

@Byron C's Q87T would make a lovely NAS base as it has loads of SATA ports unlike the usual low end thin ITX boards, powered by a laptop brick, and could be compact & quiet.

Vault-Tec, adidan and David like this.
  17. adidan

Very kind and very true. It was @David 's fault anyway :)

I know! That's the problem! Trouble is I have a knack of being able to conjure reasons up as to why I need things.

Oooh that's a nice selection. I'll have to have a reread through this thread, i can easily see the secondary rig getting replaced, a sff NAS (i'll have a scooch at @Byron C 's) and maybe one for my photos....

Crap, I have to stop myself. I've got plenty of things to do in the house and garden before I get into this.

I am starting to formulate reasons as to why i need them though, so thanks for that :)

David and Arboreal like this.
  18. Arboreal

If you want a dabble, I could send you my H61 kit that is lounging in a drawer. It does only have 2 SATA ports though...

David and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

Very kind mate but it really is a matter of timing, I have so much to do around the house - I can't give myself more distraction.

Oooh but I may have time later to give myself an early Christmas present :)

For now I think I should just start looking and thinking/planning how to use them, you know really ramp up that justification.

But yeah, very kind of you to offer though.

Arboreal likes this.
  20. Arboreal

No worries, it's here unless I find someone who wants to buy it.
    My Q87T will probably get moved on at some point, I have an Asus H81T without PCIe slot at work, and that machine is lookin redundant. Looks like if it does need to be in place, a NUC will do the jb nicely and in a smaller cuter package.