1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Ashes of Creation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Derek Wilson, 14 Aug 2020.

1. Derek Wilson

Derek Wilson What's a Dremel?

Has anyone else been following the development and reviews of the new MMO on the horizon Ashes Of Creation?

what’s everyone’s thoughts?

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've given the game a few brief glances but haven't taken a serious look as I think I'm more or less done with the MMO games.
    Nowadays I find they often either require far too much commitment or are just a total mess.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I have been following it for a year or 3? Not closely. I subscribed to them on Youtube. I watch the minor updates. They do hour long streams, but I'm not about that.

What grabbed me initially was a rich gamer wanted to make a good mmo. He hired a couple people and the idea built from there. He got a solid crew behind him and the Alpha is the prettiest alpha I've ever seen. Can't comment on game-play. There is or was a pvp per-release on Steam to gather intel on gameplay feedback..but its all Alpha stuff.

The idea is like many mmos in theroy, but in this game you claim land. Then you build on it..towns, homes..a city. All player made. The risk is that others player-made factions can attack your city and take it. A storekeeper who wont defend their store could well lose it. I don't like pointless pvp. But fighting for what you've built? As powerful as reasons come.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Call me cynical but in the current "monetise every nano second of the game" industry trend that is just asking for an exploitative protection racket.

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The way they try to sell the game with those sorts of mechanics reminds me a lot of that Life is Feudal game from a few years back that tried to do a similar thing with the the whole global PvP & team working setup... where they tried to make it so you could transform the land whilst harvesting resources, build settlements to make up your own economy as a group/faction and destroy other people's stuff as you saw fit.