1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You've got the same problem as me, always injure the dominant side, my left hand is fine...

teacherboy likes this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Probably following in from my last gripe...

The latest Windows 10 'update' seems to have effed my PC when trying to play games - I know, the sheer audacity of wanting to actually do something besides watch Netflix or browse the internet.

I started by turning off my overclock - still crashed. Uninstalled Afterburner. Still crashed. Deactivated Window overlay. Rolled back drivers to March. Still crashed. Reinstalled latest drivers. Still crashed. In a bit of desperation, I deactivated my background photos - hmm, seems to be behaving :eyebrow:.

I miss Windows 7. I actually felt like I had control over my system then. Windows 10 feels like my PC is being held hostage by a bunch of charlatans.

There again, it's been ~4 years (pretty much to the day) since I last did a fresh install. Maybe it's time to roll up my sleeves and get back into being a proper geek. :dremel:

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ooof, I am with you on 2020 doing one tbh.

Hope every goes ok for you for the rest of the year.

Its quite surprising how expensive vet bills can get with rabbits. One of the surviving two we have has probably cost north of £500 over the years thanks to a broken leg (vets were surprised that we were willing to "fix" it..... er, yes?!) and multiple courses of treatment for said leg... seriously the little twonk kept chewing the bandages off..

They both turned this month and honestly if you saw them you wouldn't be able to tell they are that old. The one with the dodgy leg still launches at the first sign of food and they have both lived happily on a diet of biscuits, crackers, Honey nut cornflakes (their favorite) fresh fruit, fresh veg and normal rabbit food.

Wouldn't change the little monkey's!

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

9/10 people employing the Cummings approach to Covid.

Sure, walk down the middle of the path letting your two genetic offspring über spreaders nearly bash into everybody.

Seriously could lamp some of them but that would mean touching them all and their filthy covids.

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Over the last few months we have felt very lucky to be living on the edge of a small village in Somerset. The infection rate here is only at 2 per 100,000 and avoiding people is easy. When we do meet people, they are usually sensible. Damn glad we don't live in a town or city.

perplekks45 and adidan like this.
  6. adidan

Oh we're very lucky where we are. Very.

Went away for a couple if nights, on the way stopped for f&c and on the way back via Bamburgh Castle beach.

Both times there's just oblivious types, many to be fair being considerate - the beach was no Bournemouth.

But many, just couldn't give a monkey's.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

humidity. jesus **** i feel like im drowning just breathing.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Three hours at the emergency vet with a poorly pooch.

9. adidan

How's the little blighter?

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

No good, at the moment - she can barely walk. Just got to see how she responds to meds over the next few days.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

German customs are, apparently, playing with their testicles instead of doing their job.

Ten days so far, and the official response is the verbal equivalent of shrugging shoulders.

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

OH is having curve ball after curve ball being thrown at her during this move to Holland making her life so much more difficult than it needs to be.
    Boss said maybe don't put all my eggs in the 'continuing to work for us whilst in Holland basket' as things are going above him.

Finding it difficult to strike that balance of not giving up but not wanting to keep going at it if it's just going to lead nowhere.

13. adidan

:sad:

Little furballs can cause an inordinate amount of stress and worry.

Hope she's on the mend soon.

David likes this.
  14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Don't be too pushy, they might make your life harder by insisting you show up with proof of the whole transaction and then ask you why you bought it there, how it can be so cheap/expensive, why you couldn't have bought it in Germany, what the manufacturer/sender thought about while filling out the labels, who made the first ever nice comment about the manufacturer's/sender's daughter's eyes, .... you get the gist, I think.

I once bought a used LP from the US, paid EUR 0.53 + EUR 3 for shipping and handling. I then had to justify to them how the guy selling it made any money with it. First of all, why would I care? Second, how would I know if I did care?

15. liratheal

As someone who is rather good at making people uncomfortable while I complain in person, I'd almost be willing to drive to Frankfurt to complain at someone until they did what I want.

Although something tells me broken German and a large irked man might just bore them into giving me the parcel.

IanW and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

Generally a very good approach of which I approve.

One instance where it doesn't help is when at border control in Russia, speaking from experience, just in case you head there :)

17. liratheal

Noted! Although my desire to visit Russia is somewhere around the desire to experience violent, non-consensual, buggery. So I suspect I shan't act on the advice!

18. adidan

Ha yeah, was only a stop off at St Petersburg.

Have to say, once in, the Russian guide we had was hysterical - loved her sense of humour, not the biggest fan of the current regime either to say the least.

But yeah, apparently my OH says I look somewhat confrontational when dealing with 'authority' - there was me thinking I was approachable :lol:

liratheal likes this.
  19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You haven't met a proper 'Zollbeamter' then? Enjoy the ride. :grin:

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Speaking of Customs: £8 VAT charge and £12 handling fee from FedEx on what turns out to be a review sample - which means it should have gone through with no fee, 'cos it's of zero commercial value and I have an EORI number.

Not sure I can be faffed fighting it on the phone, though.