1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Peanut Define 7

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TerHorstCustoms, 25 Aug 2020.

1. TerHorstCustoms

TerHorstCustoms Minimodder

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share a project that I have worked on the past month next the Meshify S2 build :) This was new experience for me because I got approached by Dutch Twitch streamer (that I normally watch) if I could do a basic rebuild with a motherboard and ram swap.

A big Thanks goes out to the awesome guys over at Fractal Design and CableMod for supporting this rebuild and allowing it to turn in to modding project! And of course the client for the trust of letting me doing this :)

It all all started when all the products form Fractal Design and CableMod arrived :grin:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

After unpacking all the new goodies for the build it was time to start modding :) This started with changing up front panel a little.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It was realy nice to find out that the aluminium part of the front panel could be taken off with only 3 screws and a sliding motion.

[​IMG]
    After masking everyting off it was time to get the tools out.

[​IMG]
    This was relatively easy to do some small drills and files and a lot of patience :clap:

[​IMG]
    After adding some acrylic, white vinyl and hidden RGB strip it ended up like this. (Lights off)
    Then it was time to same for for the logo on the PSU shroud.
    [​IMG]
    Also added a little play on the Fracal name my adding 2 small squares to create a T :naughty:
    [​IMG]
    The psu shourd was a bigger challenge due to it being made of steel but I'm happy how it turned out.
    [​IMG]
    After that adding the same acrylic, vinyl and rgb strip as in the front. Unfortunately I didn't make a photo of that during building.

Due this being a client build I wanted to add the logo from them. The moveable wall in the Define 7 (to allow more HDD space) was a the perfect spot for this. It started out by applying some vinyl on a piece of acrylic and cutting out the stencil by hand.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After the acrylic top part was done it was time to mark it out plasic cover of the moveable wall and start the cuttting.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After all the rough cutting it was time for file to do the remaining edge till the line.

Then it was time to add lighting part and make some splitter.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Time for a first test :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

After the case was done it was time tweak the cables a little and do as much as possible from the cable managment before the hardware was available.
    [​IMG]
    Added these 3D printed panel combs to the 24pin and EPS power cables.

Bridged pcie cable with some more 3D printed combs.
    [​IMG]
    Sleeved all front IO that was possible to do.
    [​IMG]

After a few hours of cable managment it came out looking quite good :)[​IMG]

On sunday the client came by to drop off some nice hardware for the build.
    [​IMG]

And yesterday I finished the build. Here are some picture of the end result :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Part list of the entire build:
    Intel i7 9700K
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Aorus Z390 Pro
    Gskill Trident 32GB 3600 cl16
    Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Platinum
    Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
    Hitachi 2TB
    Fractal Design Define 7
    Fractal Design Celsius+ S36 Prisma
    Fractal Design Prisma AL-14 PWM (3x)
    Cablemod Vertical PCI-e bracket
    Cablemod PRO series cables (Carbon) + custom panel combs.

I'm realy happy how this build has turned out and it was great experience to do it only with hand tools :)

lowfat, DB Custom Towers and Goatee like this.
  2. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

looks slick and you have much more patience for wire management than I (I make it clean up front and just bundle it behind cause it cant be seen), and I just want to say thank you for putting your hoses at the back of the PC, its one of my OCD things that people put in a AIO and run the hoses from CPU to front of case on top of ram and everything else breaking the slickness of it all (like seriously flip it around so it doesn't look like a stretched garden hose at a school carnival people! lol)

TerHorstCustoms likes this.
  3. TerHorstCustoms

Thank you! It took some time to the back wire nice but it all worked out :) Yea I totally understand you point with the AIO tubes, there is plenty of room (most of the time) to put the towards the back of the case.

4. TerHorstCustoms

The Peanut Define 7 build video is now up :)