1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features The 10 Best Weapons in Gaming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Aug 2020.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

M4A1 Carabine in CS' early beta times. Silencer was non-removable, secondary fire was a slight zoom. First shot hit exactly dead-center of the crosshair and was deadly if you didn't have a helmet.

2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Going way back (as I'm an old git) I used to love the sniper helmet in MDK with its' 100x zoom and multi display, I also greatly enjoyed setting the Worlds Most Interesting Bomb, and watching...

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Nothing, and I mean literally NOTHING, compares to the satisfaction of pinning one of those infuriating little ninjas to the wall with the nail gun in F.E.A.R.

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Almost, I would posit that making an MP5 alt-fire grenade connect with those frikkin' annoying bouncy skittish ninja in Half-Life was equally satisfying...

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Oh oh! Hot iron crossbow in HL2!

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I am now going to go install F.E.A.R again just to play that section...

perplekks45 and David like this.
  7. perplekks45

I was trying to get my hands on FEAR again, but Steam blocks it in Germany. And since all other sources I could find were dodgy at best... no FEAR for me.

Well, I could technically buy a pretty pricey disc version on Amazon, but I don't have an optical drive.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Can you not get it on GOG? Or is it also blocked?

9. perplekks45

This link to the game on GOG (http://www.gog.com/game/fear_platinum) gets redirected to https://www.gog.com/games in Germany.

Bloody censorship in the misguided quest for the protection of the innocence of youth. :wallbash:

I might have to get the DVD version, buy an external DVD drive, install the game and get a no CD patch from somewhere. Which, in Germany, is still seen as a grey area very close to piracy. Well played, Germany.

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I know its been mentioned, but nothing beats nailing enemy's to the wall with the S-HV Penetrator from F.E.A.R. I LOVED that gun.

That game was the best shooter in years in so many ways. The guys would hurdle the environment, or jump through glass after you. They would try and box you in. And the twisted joy of hearing them over the coms in fear as this unstoppable force, *YOU*, with a fricking over-sized nail gun just pinning them to the wall in all manner or beautiful ragdoll positions?! Aw man it changed the game for me.

And then Shooters died.

They have gotten so boring since, with a small number of exceptions. It is all multiplayer now. So much cheaper to make a few maps and let the gamers make up the fun. Easier money I guess. Why make a compelling game when you can make a forgettable campaign no one will play coz they wanna shoot their friends in a map that is a bit different. And then sell them weapons that look nicer.

Shooters were a real tent-pole to gaming once. Now they are just a stick riddled with micro-transactions filth.

Wasn't supposed to be a rant. But Ima leave it anyway. /End

Tags: Add Tags