1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Cinebench R20: Overclocked CPU Slower Than Stock??

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by SazBard, 31 Aug 2020.

1. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

Hello all,

I've got an overclocked i5-6500 running at 4.2Ghz with a 133FCLK, 2 x 16GB of G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 running at 3546Mhz, GTX 1060 6Gb, all on an Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6 motherboard.

I ran a Cinebench R20 test, to see how things are, I thought the system was running pretty good when playing games, XPlane 11 runs 60fps with most things maxed out.

Temps are pretty good with around 60 degrees whilst running Cinebench.

Well imagine the look on my face when the Cinebench results came back slightly slower than a stock 6500? =/

So obviously I must be doing something wrong somewhere!
    NOTE: I did close all programs before running the test.

Anyone got any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Did you run it at stock and then at your oc or is that a default score, considering os, mem settings etc can make a difference difficult to compare otherwise.

3. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

I Never ran it before, just comparing it to what cinebench says is an "identical system". Is that what the problem is here, cinebench's identical system is another faster overclocked i5-6500 cpu??

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You have a bunch of stuff running in the background, by the looks of your notification area next the to time on your taskbar.

The stock system will have been benched on a clean install with no extraneous apps running