1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The Astray Red Frame is as done as I feel like making it, which to me means I can tick it off the "to paint" list. Which has.. Not made enough of a difference.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Woke up to find a package from the U.S on the doorstep.

[​IMG]

Bless her. Really made my day that has hahahaha.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's another on my list of need to build things. I am still working on my PG RX-0 with lighting kit, really want to grab a couple of the upgrading detail kits for that before paint.

liratheal likes this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Found this earlier, thought I'd either lost it or given it away...

[​IMG]

Although I tried fitting it in the Power Mac G4 case earlier and there's not enough clearance between the PSU and the motherboard to close the case properly... May have to just get an IDE gender changer and have it hanging off a cable somewhere.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So cute! :D

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yesterday I spent most of the day stressing over the fact I had sold some items but didn't have any appropriately sized boxes, One of them being so big the best I could do was inherit a 65" TV box from family to craft my own box with a carving knife and a few rolls of tape!

Lesson well and truly learnt, along with restocking on my bubble wrap and parcel tape I've ordered a few larger box sizes to test that should accommodate the kinds of items I intend to sell on the regular.

Hopefully In time I can build up a bit of an inventory of packing box sizes, Its going to make packing and shipping out substantially quicker, easier... simpler (and less stressful!) rather than praying I've inherited boxes of the correct size from my dad!

Last edited: 8 Sep 2020
  7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I have broadband back! and knocked £20 a month off the virgin bill.

IanW, Pete J, Mr_Mistoffelees and 5 others like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Was entertaining the idea of possibly getting a new phone with Android 10 on last night. Didn't look for any though.

Woke up, let's shark ! Android 10 update was waiting for me :D

I love Xiaomi !

9. Vault-Tec

Google lens is funny AF. I took a pic of my subwoofer....

[​IMG]

:D

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just as Google launched Android 11! :rolleyes:

11. Vault-Tec

I am pretty sure it'll get it. It's a custom version they build for my phone, and obviously they test it to make sure it's all 100% first. Unlike Oppo, who released a very broken lollipop for my phone and trashed the camera and file system.

I don't mind waiting. Every other phone I have had apart from my Keyone has not got any new version of Android. At least the Keyone got Oreo.

12. Vault-Tec

I don't know if I typed all of this. I might have, so apologies if it's a repeat.

About two weeks ago (if that) I phoned my old neighbour, Eileen. She's lovely, though a bit gullible and soft. Her husband is an asshole though, so I guess it balances out. Any way, when I left I told them strictly never EVER to trust my old landlady. Not ever, under any circumstances. She (my old landlady) already owed them over three grand for work done to the building that the council enforced (IE, paint it and make it look nice or we will and send you the bill). She knocked them, and for over two years it wasn't paid.

Two days after I left she turns up (my old landlady) and gets in a cab with them and takes them to the bank and pays them. I spoke to Eileen shortly after who said she was really nice (silly woman) and etc. I once again warned her NOT to trust her and not to get involved in anything regarding money.

Two weeks ago (or less) I phoned to see how she was doing (Eileen). She told me not good. I ask why. Apparently my old landlady found another free kitchen on Facebook (where she found mine no doubt but mine is now rotten) and asked Eileen's husband (a builder) to fix up the kitchen and fit the new cabinets. Like a total plank he agreed. My old landlady then asked him to order a thousand pound's worth of materials (including doors that are now stuck in his flat) and do more work. She knocked them.

So not only has he done two to three week's unpaid work he also has a full set of kitchen doors in his one bedroom flat (with no outside space at all) that she also hasn't paid for. She's not been seen now for about 5 months. Apparently the gas board turned up, condemned the gas meter to the flat (my old one) and that has been shut off and she has to buy a new one. It always was rotten, and I reported it for stinking of gas (it's outside about 40ft from the beach, so it gets it....).

The absolute best part though was when the whole building insurance ran out. The landlords (including her) went around to the insurance place and my ex landlady mouthed off about her flat being prohibited and they refused to insure the whole building :D so now the whole building does not have insurance, and my old flat still sits there.

I tried not to gloat to Eileen, but jesus when you witness someone treat me the way they did how on earth would you ever have any trust for them whatsoever? That woman knocks and burns every one she meets.

13. Vault-Tec

Aaaaannnnnd.. Relax the bumhole !

[​IMG]

14. DeadP1xels

Days been filled with mentoring a new guy, it’s been a bit of a faff with all the admin but I’ve weirdly enjoyed it. I potentially see a managerial side of myself being exposed... I think it some ways it’s trying to give someone the start I never had. Making sure they settle in rather then suffer in silence

also, local live auction tomorrow. I’ve made a few sales today from last weeks lots so I’m well into profit on everything now. £200 minimum to spend in the account and I’ve got my eye on no less than 22 lots!

Pete J and perplekks45 like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's not modern management, though. That's a PA-ish role, helping the new people settling in. Management can't do that, they're way too important and busy. At least from my experience.

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Plus modern management rarely know enough about the jobs that they are managing to teach anyone how to do them...

IanW, Fingers66 and Pete J like this.
  17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I was lucky to have a few good bosses in my life, but for most of them this is true.

Back on topic:

I'll get most of (maybe all) of my old Fifa videos back. A friend from back when I made them (2006 onwards) just found them on an old HDD. He lives in the US, but I sent them all to him to get feedback. I deleted them from my YouTube years ago, then lost the HDD they were saved to in one move or another. It's so great, because they will be really bad. But back then nobody did this (Fifa highlight movies with music) and we started it over on the EA forums. The US dude and me, random people all over the world. KSI (yes, that KSI) was part of it, but back then he was an annoying kid and we all blocked him for being an ADHD kid who craved too much attention. Damn, the memories.... sooooo good.

18. DeadP1xels

Hey man... I’m important ya know... a big high time flyer! People respect me... fear me even..... Lol jks...

Gooooood day, I won’t do this every week (I promise) but won some pretty good stuff today, the lot I was most interested in sold (to me) for 40% my absolutely max bid.... Couldn’t quite believe it!

it was pretty much last of the day and prior to that things had been selling at an absolutely ridiculous price so was happy to be collecting tomorrow.

the auction house request people make appointments for collection also which means I won’t be bombarded with people wanting stuff all at the same time!

It just so happens my first shipment of boxes arrived today also and they’re almost perfectly sized for these kind of items!

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

The X-Trail failed its MOT today, offside front shock. The nearside had been replaced at the previous MOT (before we owned the car) and it's odd that they didn't do the pair? Anyway, out with the spring compressors:

[​IMG]

And an hour later I'd saved myself £100 in labour. Back to the test centre the same day for a retest which it passed, and that annoying klunking noise is now gone.

I love my impact driver :happy:

Arboreal, Pete J and liratheal like this.
  20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I love my impact driver so much I need another one.