1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Have you had a good dig around on Ebay, I found ear and headband pads for my old AKG K550s a couple of years ago.

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just be glad they got the right street! :rolleyes:

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Went to book tickets for the zoo this morning, two adults and my son goes free. Noticed small print at the bottom outlining the tickets took 24 hours to process just as I clicked confirm. Meaning they wouldn’t be redeemable today.

Something must have jacked up further because now I’ve been charged £55 for four adult tickets I can’t even use today.... going to call them when they open but clearly states non-refundable which means I’ll have to go pay for a further two tickets on the door so all in all £82.50...

could be an expensive trip to the zoo...

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I found a set of ear and head pads for £5.99 with postage from China, I don't trust the quality for that price. Currently looking at band covers but all seem too thick. May have to get inventive with bicycle handlebar tape at this rate :lol:

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Took me a long to go through what was available and filter out the crap, turned out ok though. Annoyed me that AKG don't sell spares, not even just the earpads. My Shures came with spare earpads and a spare cable, others could do the same.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Let me know what you find. The adhesive backing on the headband has worn out on mine, so the pad doesn't always stay in place.

I'm half tempted to just wrap the foam in some gaffer tape and be done with it.

7. DeadP1xels

Sold a basically brand new printer on eBay, tested and working great before sending. buyer claims nozzles are blocked, simply not the case literally was working flawlessly, fully boxed with drivers almost new.

He claimed he had bought a load of printers that had blocked nozzles and asked if mine was working fine.

Dawned on me I never took a picture of the serial number... I suspect I’ll be getting a broken printer as part of a scam.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Aye, best to mention that you do this in the listing. Not that i've always remembered, always kick myself afterwards the times I don't but luckily i've not had issues.

Mind you I seldom sell things.

9. DeadP1xels

Well, spent the night getting horrendous abuse for this guy.

The printer works, I tested it throughly. But suddenly in 72 hours it’s delivered and he claims the nozzles are blocked... I should have kept it myself because i own almost the same model and it rocks

Kept calm through the whole thing but just got everything thrown at me. He wrote mostly everything in capitals, Id offered the free return after the first message but still just got it all. Refused to return it claiming be can’t print the returns label, while understandable, not my issue. The printer works, I’ve never been so sure someone wants a freebie in all my life. Claimed I’d falsified the test print by using another printer and placing it on the tray, the printer isn’t plugged in or connected etc etc etc just going and going..... I offer free returns and as a business seller I can’t refuse them. It’s my own set returns policy....

got called the c word... Got called a dirty scammer, just relentless, an idiot a moron...

The only let up was when I said I would contact eBay in providing him a Royal Mail QR code to print the label in branch (Pretty sure it’s not even possible) But similarly id made copy’s of his messages and would be reporting him for abusive messages.

he suddenly started cavaeting his messages “if you read this ebay” or “if you see this eBay” he started to calm down as he’s also a seller himself.

Did I mention he’s selling FOUR Epson printers in working condition?

10. legoman

No real results on ebay bar some £3.99 including delivery pads, don't trust those lasting long, did see this on an old reddit post, half tempted, that or you can get slip over sleeves for them.

Also the ticket I put in has been closed, they only sell spare ear pads, the head pad should never need replacing apparently.

[​IMG]

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Be a coincidence if one if the same model as yours in the future....

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Probably assume you'll upgrade them often, like many mobile phone users. AKG don't even sell earpads for the K550s, despite them costing ₤250 at full price (I paid ₤99 when Amazon heavily discounted them).

The pads are where AKG let themselves down, both because of lack of spares and, because the pu leather covering has all the durability of a plastic saw blade.

13. DeadP1xels

Nothing would shock me.

Just leaves you with a bit of a bitter taste in your mouth, a lot of the time if something arrives broken, damaged or If in future I ever sell something unknowingly with a fault I give the buyer a full refund without needing it returned. If they're being courteous to me I presume good intentions. I don't see the point in receiving something broken back and having to pay extra for it before refunding them. I'm profitable overall so its just how it goes...

I've never had so much directed abuse from a single buyer before, three messages to my one... Constantly answering the same questions again and again and again. I think maybe his tactic was hurl abuse until the seller refunds to get him off their back maybe?? Zero rational dialogue in any message, part of me felt like doing the refund but I'm playing straight into his hands so I'm standing my ground.

Something tells me this guy has behaved in a similar manner before though, I checked the feedback he's left and theirs a suspicious trend of him calling someone a scammer then having the seller reciprocate with "false accusations" "refusing return" "abusive" "reported". I've reported him hoping its the case and maybe worse case scenario he gets a slap on the wrist

14. legoman

True, it is annoying, Ill sort something for now, an keep an eye out for another set but paying attention to things like that, keep shaking bits of it out my hair now as I'm using them for work.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I concur with your analysis.

Have you mentioned his questionable record in messages with him yet?

16. DeadP1xels

Nope, wound down the messages last night because we simply weren't getting anywhere. Imagine reasoning with a hungry & overtired 5 year old? It's just like that but if that 5 year old was also high on acid. So much I could have said or argued but I felt I was doing as much as I could to help without losing my own temper which would help nobody. Simply no reasoning with him at all.

My belief is what he's accusing me of doing is in fact what he has done. printing a page off a dead printer, using that to claim the printer I sent him is broken. Then throwing his arms up in the air in a rage that he is entirely unable to send the item back because of lack of printer, im some dirty scammer who has done this on purpose yada yada yada, I then get bored of the constant abuse and refund him without taking the item back because its lowish value (£45) and boom free printer.

He now has 14 days to return the item so it would be interest if he miraculously finds a solution to his printing dilemmas ey? I suspect he'll realise his scam has failed and keep the printer or take a punt and send me a different printer back

Pete J likes this.
  17. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I had similar with a dishwasher I sold on FB Marketplace. It was £220 new, I used it for 2.5 years and advertised it for £50, despite it being in as new condition, just to get rid due to a home move where the new property has integrated appliances.

This big fat bloke with a car held together with gaffer tape turned up, sweaty and stinking - alarm bells should have been ringing and I ought to have told him to sod off. Still, he picked up the dishwasher, paid and drove away. The next day, I get a message saying its broken and it's got an error on the screen, which he duly sends me a picture of, asking for a refund but his car is broken so I have to drive 60 miles to his house to collect the dishwasher.

The dishwasher had given me that error code when I first installed it, but that's because I connected it to the hot water feed by mistake and it only accepts cold feed. I explained this to the loafer, but he was insistent that it was connected to cold and the water pressure was fine as his last one worked from the same outlet. I wasn't driving 120 mile round trip for £50 and then have to pay to get rid of it, so I told him to keep it and bank transferred him £50 back. I know there was nothing wrong with it when it left mine. I even powered it on to show him.

Well, with his extra £50, I hope he buys a treadmill, the salad dodger.

18. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

The end of 10 years loyal service :waah:

[​IMG]

The whole house now reeks, deep fried VRMs stink!

In hindsight, maybe a bit of cooling was in order. 10 years running an i5 750 between 3.6 - 3.8 GHz practically 24/7 ain't too bad.

19. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Mmmmmm, I love a deep fried VRM in the morning....

VictorianBloke likes this.
  20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Scaled rulers. I thought it looked weird.

Cut a whole metal piece, then realised I had drawn it perfectly in .75 scale FFS. So had to do it all again, then burned myself.