1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Like @liratheal I agree in principle... however, I'd rather deal with long-lasting mental health effects than sleeping on the streets. (EDIT: You know what? I probably already am. I've been where @Gunsmith is right now on more than one occasion, so I can definitely empathise...)

Even if I had zero debt/bills I still have to pay the rent. Basic job seeker's allowance would only cover 61% of my rent, and my landlord would more than likely turf me out if I had to start claiming housing benefit. Even if they don't explicitly say it's because I'm unemployed (because I don't think they're allowed to do that in Wales any more), a landlord only needs the flimsiest of excuses to legally (and forcefully) evict you.

Germany has definitely spoiled you, I'm afraid :grin:

Pete J and perplekks45 like this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm given to understand that turfing out rental tenants in Germany is also significantly harder than in the UK, although I've not tested either system personally.

3. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I know it's not really ruining my life at the moment but the choice available for a high specced laptop (to the tune of £3700) and the amount of research I'm doing to make sure that I don't get buyers remorse after ten minutes... It's also awesome but seriously - trying to find something with the best possible bang for a rather large buck is getting me so confused...

Macbook Pro?
    Asus Pro Duo/ ROG
    Scans 3XS
    Razer
    DELL

The possibilities are boggling!

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Depends what you want/need it for

5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Light gaming, design via Photoshop or similar, Da Vinci or similar, Ableton/ serato or similar. Essentially going to be my next 10 year machine if that's possible.

6. RedFlames

Well that kina rules out the mac imo, dropping of 32-bit support killed many of the games that were macos compatible and i think the move to arm will dent the intel mac's longevity.

If work side of the equation is of greater improtance than the play side... dell and lenovo's mobile workstations mgiht be worth a look...

beacause it wouldn't be this thread if the problem wasn't made worse :p

7. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Arrrrrrgghhhh!

RedFlames likes this.
  8. RedFlames

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I feel for my care worker.

Her kid coughed at school and she ended up having to drive 360 miles to Wales to get him tested.

I **** thee not.

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The OH came home and told me that, my response was identical.

Bang goes our weekend away in a few weeks probably.

Plus her colleague whose son tested positive is now showing symptoms. Obviously there were a few days delay while he was in work until he self-isolated so that's just super.

I'll be sure to mention if I start coughing.

Edit: Just had a read, apparently under local lockdown you can still holiday outside your region. Ok so none of this makes sense.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

There's a test site around 5 miles from me here in NE Wales.
    They're sending people from Birmingham 90 miles here, but sending locals down to Telford 50 miles away. o_O
    To add insult to injury, many people are not receiving the QR codes they need to claim their test and so are being turned back when they get to the testing site.

I believe Malcolm Tucker said it best... "Omnishambles!" :wallbash:

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

From bean to cup, you **** up!

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So I'm back on this not-so-merry-go-round this morning

Had a message from eBay customer services this morning telling me that a return postage label has been issued by the seller. For a 2kg parcel again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not even gonna waste my time or the time of the people behind the post office counter, that label will not be accepted.

IanW and legoman like this.
  14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

That's almost comical...

You'll win eventually. The only real consolation you can probably get out of this is that the seller will now have wasted a fair bit of money.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I feel rough today...

Terrible nights sleep, late evening poor food choices, unnecessary alcoholic beverages... I'm just not taking very good care of myself. I put the recycling out this morning and was shocked by the amount of fizzy drink cans, coke bottles, beer bottles we'd accumulated in a week.

I'm turning into a bit of a slob all in all.... I need to get some serious organisation into my life

TLDR; DP is a turning into a fatty

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Why is it that when I decide to open a window because it's a nice day, within two minutes, the noisiest fly currently alive decides to investigate?

IanW and adidan like this.
  17. adidan

Same here. Open the back door to let the cat out and they bolt in and procede to find the nearest window to smash their heads against.

Pete J likes this.
  18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The right channel on my Audeze LCD-X died. Apparently that's a common-ish issue with their drivers.

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

CPU loop pump is dead. It might be because it's old, but running my system with only 1 working fan on each rad for the last 6 months can't have helped. That's probably the end of the road for the dual loop. Sad times.

20. adidan

Sad times.

If only you had built a backup rig made of components you got to keep after winning a competition to tide you over :)

IanW and The_Crapman like this.