1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia 3xxx series thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 6 Jun 2020.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just when I'll have the cash for one. :thumb:

Osgeld likes this.
  2. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

based on this thread and other people's experiences i've read about all over the net i feel like i won the ****ing lottery.

i've had Scan and Overclockers both crash at 14.00 and were as good as dead, Aria were slow to update their stock, their site was sluggish and crashed shortly after,

i had a CCL open as backup, at around 14:06 their site was functional and they still had some stock. that's where i got my card from in the end, at 14:08 i received a confirmation email, ****ing madness.

Goatee, IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Funder's Edition? EVGA?

4. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

[​IMG]

MSI Gaming X Trio

supposed to be delivered tomorrow, i'm still expecting for everything to go wrong somehow though, i don't remember when was the last time i was so fortunate lol.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2020
    wyx087 likes this.
  5. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

Just remember that when they drop the TI :p

damien c likes this.
  6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

To me it feels a lot like Black Friday when people are falling over each other trying to get all the low-price tech. There are literally hundreds of people trying to buy the same ultra-high-end niche graphics card, so obviously stock is going to run out.

hamza_tm and The_Crapman like this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Apologies if it's already been posted, but have we all seen that SLI is now officially dead? There'll be no more SLI profiles created for 2000-series and earlier cards, and no profiles at all for the 3000-series. Instead, Nvidia's putting the onus on the game developer implementing DirectX/Vulkan multi-GPU functionality.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Honestly I thought it'd died years ago and was only still around as some legacy nonsense.

Osgeld likes this.
  9. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  10. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Someone on reddit has claimed to have made a bot that just creates an ebay account and spams crazy bids on all 3080 listings to screw the scalpers. Which is funny if true but I'm sure Ebay will stamp down on it soon enough (or the scalpers will try different platforms to shift them)

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep.

Those blatant fake bids are simply revenge against the scalpers who screw real humans out of legit purchase options.

Basically the idea is to inflate the price to the point where legit victims of scalpers stay away from the auction, thus forcing the scalper to create new listings (and keep that fake bid game going until the stock situation recovers, thus wiping all potential scalping profit).

13. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Good, long may it continue (or until stock levels are sensible) and they make zero profit.

hamza_tm likes this.
  14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Good. Whoever wrote sniper bots needs to have all their game accounts locked and their high scores overwritten.

In other news, did Gigabyte accidentally RTX3080 20GB cards?
    https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-confirms-geforce-rtx-3060-8gb-rtx-3070-16gb-and-rtx-3080-20gb

Last edited: 18 Sep 2020
  15. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Is anyone else surprised that retail 20 series cards are selling for more or less RRP still? I guess until 30 series is in stock there isn't much other choice but I can't see many people dropping £1000 on a 2080ti right now (unless they live under a rock). I've only seen ~£50 reduction in 2070 supers

16. Vault-Tec

No I am not surprised. They will sell, albeit very slowly. They won't drop prices and sell at a loss. Only AMD slash prices on previous gen cards, I have not seen Nvidia do it since Fermi and they had no choice.

2080Ti may seem pointless for gamers now and new? it is. However, you can't discount the main reason why they sell; businesses. They still need cards.

17. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

Total joke delivery is end of October :waah:

18. Vault-Tec

If you are lucky.

I was told today that the UK got 500 units from Gigabyte. Let that sink in. 500 units from one of the big players to the entire UK.

So the demand is insane, and it looks like we are about to have another Covid flare up etc. TBH? they only did it as a feeble attempt to get people away from the PS5, Xbox and incoming Navi. You will be lucky to get one by the end of the year from the sound of it.

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Availability like that almost makes one nostalgic for the Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition / X850 Crossfire Master...

Last edited: 18 Sep 2020
  20. Vault-Tec

This is a guess but I think anyone [who ordered] after 14:05 won't see a card in September, those before 15:00 maybe October but until we get shipment data for October we are in the dark, that information is requested but it seems it won't be available to the graphics card manufacturers until end of this month

That was from Gibbo on OCUK.