1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I was thinking about it, but it's not complex enough for my taste. But the love they put into it (i.e. the potato bin with bird in the back) is just heart-warming.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Crysis Remastered. Thought £27.99 was OK. Went to checkout and they gave me a tenner off :D

Pete J likes this.
  3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Nail on the head there - it's not particularly large, fancy or complex, but it's just so... nice

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. Mister_Tad

Upping my zoom game...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also seem to be participating in more and more "virtual events". Probably mainly that more than zoom.

adidan likes this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The Camgirl goes professional.

6. Mister_Tad

When Sony drop their webcam drivers for Mac in the next couple of months so I can use my (now otherwise largely disused) a5100 I may even be able to increase the cost of my onlyfans sub.

IanW and adidan like this.
  7. perplekks45

Link?

:grin:

I haven't bought much recently. Still thinking about an upgrade on the GPU side of things. And then there's Zen 3 on the horizon. Or should that be horizen?

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Flight Simulator 2020 - In a box, on 10 DVDs :happy:

trigger likes this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Since they're very unlikely to do the same for Linux, I recently an Elgato Camlink 4k, as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, which does appear on OBS' sources tab.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Bought a pair of jeans. First pair in about 6 years, don't have a belt.

11. perplekks45

Please keep us updated on the... updating procedure when installing.

12. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I'm quite interested myself. I didn't buy it because I thought it would be particularly more convenient than digital, just because it was actually a little cheaper, and, well the idea of having a massive game like that in true old school physical form on a load of discs (as opposed to a code in a box) was funny/appealing to me :happy:

IanW, perplekks45 and Pete J like this.
  13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

[​IMG]

AmazonBasics Lightbox

Upping my eBay photography game, no more dingy dimly lit kitchen tables.

Poorly positioned, terribly executed blank backgrounds here we come!

14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Surely a white painted cardboard box with a light source would have been cheaper? (My creative Dad brain here is thinking that this could be a fun activitiy for the young kids to paint the box and they get messy instead...) :grin:

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So long as you're able to get a consistent and uniform layer of paint. Imperfections will really stand out once you get some proper illumination pointing at it...

I know where you're coming from, but often I find that trying to do it myself takes a lot of time, energy, and hassle. Sometimes it's easier to just pony up the money and buy something, especially if it's something that'll make an impact on your business...

16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

Bosch's Axial Glide mitre saw, and because I'm an adult the stand and dust extractor to match.

It's a bit much, actually; I fear they're planning to invade Europe again.

The_Crapman and legoman like this.
  17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

True, but 99% of the time, people will be using their camera phone to take the pics...

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I use two Chinese soft lights - basically 100W-ish (actual draw, not "equivalent to") energy-saving bulbs in reflective tents with a translucent front - and a roll of textured anti-reflective white plastic.

This shot's from about five years ago, but apart from the table having been replaced the setup's roughly the same:

upload_2020-9-21_9-24-4.png

Lets me photograph stuff bigger than would fit in a soft-light box, and gives me more control over lighting direction - which is key when I'm trying to take photos of white stuff against a white background: I just angle the lamps backwards to brighten the background and front-fill with a speedlight.

upload_2020-9-21_9-26-33.png

It's often a little bright at the bottom corner, but it's good enough.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Phone cameras can produce some impressive results, especially if you get a tripod and start using camera apps that give you full control over settings.

Give professional equipment to a rookie and they'll take rookie-quality photos; give rookie equipment to a professional and they'll take professional-quality photos. Photography is a skill, not a tool :thumb:.

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

They can, but not when in low light conditions. As anyone who knows photography, the bigger the lense, the more light can be captured.

I too know skill is far more important, especially if you know your way around PS like I do, you can truly turn some average photos into very professional looking ones.

I mean, it was my photography skills that landed me some work with Real GT Race Driver David Perel, for his website.