1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well why the hell are you trying to argue with me then? You're the one who started being derisive about cameras in phones when clearly you already know that it's the person behind the camera that really makes the difference. Even if you're using a mobile phone then if it's cheap enough to invest in something that makes a tangible improvement to your business then do it, don't waste your time trying to DIY a hack.

DeadP1xels likes this.
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Are you talking about the Germans, or the March of the Mitre Saws?

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

How can I be of service?

IanW, Arboreal and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It's the Bismarck of saws, I'm sure it's breaking some sort of treaty?

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I'm not arguing with you. I mearly made a fun fact about painting a box as a cheap way for the average Joe to improve their images for the likes of ebay selling etc. :rollingeyes:

6. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

A set of rear brake pads, fog light bulbs, signal light bulbs, park light bulbs & a tube of Permatex dielectric grease.

7. perplekks45

Because of a mis-communication between me and my fiancée, 2 EACH of these:

[​IMG]

IanW, Bloody_Pete and Pete J like this.
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That's a whopper of a miscommunication.

Y'all got four arms and two heads or something?

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Even Zaphod Beeblebrox only had 3 arms! BTW, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is on Britbox.

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. perplekks45

The page was practically DDOS'd (like with every big launch), we anticipated it and tried it on two PCs at the same time. The silly thing is, when check-out suddenly works on both PCs at the same time. Well, we have friends who will miss out and thus will sell them for MSRP to them.

IanW and liratheal like this.
  11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Two each of each, like you're getting 8 consoles?

12. perplekks45

Two times the Series X, two times the Series S. In total. We're not completely stupid.

13. liratheal

I didn't even know the sales were going live today, I had a quick shufty but it was all fine and sold out by the time I got there. Tickles me a little that first batch hardware is so.. In demand.

14. perplekks45

Big launches tend to crash server infrastructure more often than not, it seems. I got lucky this time, let's hope I can find good people to sell to. I don't intend to make money with this.

liratheal and adidan like this.
  15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm certain that at RRP they would insta-sell at any forum you care to point them at if you put them up straight away.

I made a vague attempt to bag more than one PS5 preorder in the event that I get an email the week before release starting "Due to unprecedented demand..." with the same plan in the event that more than one turned up. Alas I'm relying solely on Amazon to come up with the goods.

16. liratheal

Aye, aye, it just.. I don't get it. First batch of new hardware tends to be .. Interesting. Okay, less so with consoles, but this generation with the casual fart of launch titles it strikes me as all the more confusing that they're selling out gangbuster style.

I'm sure you won't struggle to get rid of 'em, though. I might even have thrown my hat in the ring (Because even I can't avoid the desire for the new shiny, despite the concerns that the first batch can be a bit.. Iffy) if I hadn't beaten the living daylights out of my fun budget this year already.

17. perplekks45

I bought from MS directly. Not sure if that makes it more or less sure to actually receive a single console in November.

It's the new tech they promise: 8K/60 or 4K/120, both with HDR and ray tracing turned on. Both are about as real as a unicorn farting rainbows and crapping gold nuggets, but people are not as bright as they might think.

I want one because my PS4 is dying a slow death for which I cannot find a reason. And a new and shiny console with new and even shinier features (plus a 4K UHD BR drive for when I upgrade to a 4K TV) makes more sense to me than buying another PS4 or a PS4 Pro right now.

liratheal likes this.
  18. liratheal

I didn't mean to come across as trying to **** on your reasons to buy a Series X - More just.. Curious how the whole world of gaming seems to go batshit over the new shiny (Also, see the 3080) even though the first batches tend to have more teething troubles than the later ones. I dunno. Perplexes me a little.

19. perplekks45

Glad to be so influential. :lol:

But I get your point and agree with it. Early adopters getting shafted and paying extra for it IS a thing.

liratheal likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

2nd hand Dell Latitude 7275 2-in-1 tablet/laptop hybrid (I rarely buy new laptops, there are so many perfectly usable second-hand units out there)

[​IMG]

It's one of them weedy little Core M5 6Y57 CPUs, but I have used similar in a 2016/2017-era Macbook and it's not a terrible experience. More than enough for the kind of use cases I have for it: day-to-day web browsing, YouTube/Plex, light Office stuff, maybe some light work, etc. Couple of upgrades I might make to it, but I want to give it a couple of days to see whether I really get on with it. Might even get a stylus :grin:.

I'm usually a ThinkPad man, but modern ThinkPads aren't the hacker's delight they once were. They're not as accessible as they once were, keyboards & trackpads aren't what they used to be, and the really modern versions even have components soldered down. Nah screw it, I'm going left-field on this one.

Handily, it can make use of the Dell D6000 dock that my work laptop uses: 65W USB-PD, USB3.1 Type C, 4x USB3, 2x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, gigabit ethernet, mic/headphone TRRS, and line out TRS. On one cable... neat.

Now. Let's hope I avoid a repeat of the saga of the last laptop I bought on eBay...! :lol:

liratheal and DeadP1xels like this.