1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education The weight loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mansueto, 25 Feb 2013.

1. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Yes same.. "relaxed" muscle :hehe:

Not posted on a forum in absolutely forever! Cant say that I am "back" as such but I will be getting back in to some gaming again (outside of WoW, dont judge) so more posts, build logs maybe?, bit of posting in here now I have my water rower and no more excuses.

adidan likes this.
  2. David Clark

David Clark What's a Dremel?

I'm trying to loose my weight since last 6 months but couldn't get results till date. May be I'm lacking somewhere.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This morning marks me officially losing a stone (14 lb) from when I started on July 13th. Probably quite a bit of water weight but don't care.

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I'm down 10Kg since start of lockdown, with various plateaus and various quick drops; some explainable (plateau = binge eating due to stress; quick drop = will power to not snack was strong) some not so. But at least the general trend is down!

Still want to lose another 10-15Kg and get myself comfortably under 100Kg; but happy with the progress.

adidan and sandys like this.
  5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

First gym session last night in probably over 6 months, a little depressing at the backwards progress but hopefully will come back fairly quickly.

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I join the loosers today, broken the back of my corona gain and am a back at the lowest weight I have been since pre-lockdown,107kg, still a fat git :rollingeyes:, but a little less fat today :cooldude:, hopefully will continue to progress from here, feeling pretty good, fitter, the walking and cycling is having a positive impact on me generally.

The weather is starting to change so keeping that up is going to take some determination, the ride this morning already felt a bit chilly, probably still a bit too big to get some weather robust cyclist gear.

Seem to be averaging about 2lbs a week, lets see if I can get out of triple digits by Christmas, should be more than achievable, if I can maintain that rate, then I can put it all back on again with christmas binge ...... :D

MadGinga, MLyons and adidan like this.
  7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ticked down to 79.5kg

Weight 07/04 86.3kg BMI 27,2 Body fat 27.5% Muscle mass 59.5Kg

Weight 24/09 79.5kg BMI 25.1 Body fat 24.4% Muscle mass 57.2Kg

Not too bad progress from basically cutting down crap food.

adidan likes this.
  8. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

Trying to lose weight for the past few weeks now, but I still don't see results in the long run.

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

what are your goals and how are you working toward those goals and tracking progress?

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Had a bit of a chuckle today, started to feel a bit chilly so thought I'd put another layer on and grabbed an old coat and noticed something was missing. :D

Poor photo as holding all the things whilst taking a shot took all my operational capacity :D
    [​IMG]

Whilst I have been tracking numbers and seeing them go down, I don't really notice the body changes as I have slowly changed clothes over time etc and you know, you still see the fat that remains and know you still have some way to go but this hammered home the progress, I can actually zip this up with my 12 yr old daughter inside too :eeek:

So for any one new to this, take some measurements and pictures as sometimes the weight numbers might not change massively but you have and don't notice.

11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Even though my weight is steady and I'm happy enough with the way I look and with the way I'm eating it seems I'm snoring a bit at night.

I was occasionally sleeping with someone when I was a little lighter without much complaints in that regard so I think the few kilos I went up is a factor.

So the plan is to get a take away pizza on Saturday, do up meal plans, go shopping Sunday morning and get back on the horse from Sunday onwards.

I'm also doing mouth exercises, so there's a few calories expended I suppose.

sandys likes this.
  12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sounds like a good plan, but why not skip the pizza and give yourself a headstart? Otherwise it's a bit like Usain Bolt starting the 100m ten yards behind the blocks!

13. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Skip Pizza :eeek: surely not :duh: ban that man :grin:

MLyons likes this.
  14. theshadow2001

Well the last time I had a take away was around the start of July and this will be it for another few months so it just marks a transition and let's me enjoy something I like before getting on with things. Dieting is unpleasant after all. Plus I'm not in a major rush

15. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I love eating Pizza, I have moved from shop bought to knocking up my own, and they are a doddle, Dominos/Pizza hut etc have nothing on these, more like proper Italian Pizza restaurant, they are also quite healthy relative to typical take out as you can control the ingredients, we find take out pizzas a little disappointing these days due to the quality of our own so much so that we've bought a Pizza oven and I am also considering how I could build a permanent one in our kitchen or utility because its getting cold out.

Downside of having your own gear....well... I have had two 14 inchers this week :eeek: but that is still approx 1/3 healthier than if I had one take out, I typically only have one a week but we were trialing a new dough recipe and seeing what it was like from a Frozen prove and I had to eat all of both for the science :grin:

Still seeing a weight loss this week though because of nice healthy toppings. Home made Pizza Cheesecake:clap: fun for all the family, kids especially love knocking up a creation.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2020
    bawjaws likes this.
  16. theshadow2001

I do recall making a pizza around the 700 calorie mark before which is not bad given that it's mostly bread.

Pizza oven is definitely on the cards for the future for me too. It can be good to work food like that into a diet plan by making some adjustments in the ingredients and in terms of what you eat in the surrounding days.

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My current diet is:
    packed lunch of 2 ham and chicken wraps and some fruit Monday to Thursday with no other food.
    Friday is burger van / KFC / Burger King with no other food
    Saturday is whatever
    Friday is only takeaway. Normally fried chicken

18. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup bread is a killer, but I have tried all sorts of bases in my quest for a healthier Pizza base egg based, cauliflower based, healthy wrap based, mince based, combinations of other things on this quest and nothing comes close, so in the end we just dropped the oil and thinned out the bases and accepted that there is no bread substitute for this, we have done loads of switches to in our diet generally and do some good fakeaways, the homemade bread Pizzas are a good compromise to a take away because if I gave up too much of what I like I wouldn't like what I was doing and probably give it up and revert to old ways.

Pizza oven is not needed just kicks it up that next level, they were still good out of standard oven to be honest.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2020
  19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

~4wks on, only 2kg down, not really hitting the losses with regularity since the weather changed and laziness kicked in again, have only averaged ~1lb a week...still loosing but need to do at least 1.5 a week to loose 5kg for my mini goal of sub 100kg by Christmas, have set myself a hardware based sweetener, with all this lovely tech being released I really want to do some buys, but will not allow any of it until I break that threshold, my itchy trigger finger is going to need to be strapped up to avoid drunken late night buys. :D

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'm down to 14st 9 as of today (205lbs) but it's slow-going and I've been a bad boy. It was Halloween and no kids came round for treats, so I ended up eating a lot of them myself LOL.

Discipline is hard folks. :lol:

MLyons likes this.