1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Probably just an inner-ear infection. Long lasting bugger, though. If I can just get some antibiotics, it should turn around pretty quickly. Miserable at the moment, though. Massively dizzy all the time, and while paracetamol takes care of the headaches it does nowt for the room spinning around me.

EDIT:
    Spoke to the quack, he agrees it's an inner-ear infection but reckons it's more likely viral than bacterial. Not much to do except wait, but he has prescribed something that should calm the inner ear down and dampen the vertiginous feeling. Better'n nowt!

Last edited: 13 Oct 2020
    Mr_Mistoffelees and Arboreal like this.
  2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Drink until it spins enough the opposite way to cancel it out.

Byron C, IanW, MadGinga and 2 others like this.
  3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Hope the meds get you back on an even keel, GH. Nausea is miserable and debilitating.

4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Woke up to a bunch of messages from ex. We had a fling couple months ago but I ended it due to her lies. Now she wants a chance to make everything right. After I cut someone out of my life they stay cut out.

Before anyone asks:
    Its not the usual "oops" scenario, I shoot blanks and she's trans as well. Looks like its simply a case of her having hard time finding partners who are not fetishists.

5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Weird coincidence! My dad has just been diagnosed with something similar! Quack said he'd get what are effectively super strength "travel sickness" drugs...

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, same-same. I've actually just necked a normal travel-sickness drug - cinnarizine 30mg, my usual tipple of choice - while I'm waiting for the 'scrip. Not really sure why I didn't think to try that before.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

What I'm after hasn't been discounted on Prime day :duh: oh well, first world problems n all that, guess I'll wait for Black Friday Matters.

Pete J likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's not funny. Not in the slightest.

damien c, IanW and bawjaws like this.
  9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, I found it funny. Please feel free to lambast me.

@Andersen Oof, sounds like you've had a trying time in love (and war). Part of me wonders in what ways a transexual relationship differs to a (how to put it without alerting the phrasing police) conventional one.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

You'll get over it, or not.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I guess you're right. Institutionalised racism, hatred, and violence is just bantz, innit. It's just laughs, just funsies. Mocking everything that BLM represents and conflating it with a festival of tax-dodging corporate greed and consumerism for the sake of a badly contrived pun is just good fun.

IDGAF whether it changes minds or not - that's a 'you' thing, not a 'me' thing. Letting **** slide and not calling it out when you see it only makes you part of the problem, so I'm sure as **** not going to endorse - even implicitly through keeping my mouth/fingers quiet - a culture in which non-white people are systemically mistreated, mocked, ignored, or abused.

You want to make shitty and degrading puns, well... you do you. Just don't cry foul when people call out ******** for what it is.

Gareth Halfacree and bawjaws like this.
  12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yep, feel free to make or like "jokes" that are shitty, and others will feel free to judge you for it. And when that happens, don't cry about being "lambasted" for it.

Pete J and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I didn't and I won't.
    You're free to feel however you like about me and my posts, you'll mostly be wrong, but crack on.

Pete J likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, you did. And the fact that you and millions of other people can't recognise that is why people are angry.

I mean... in this case I am demonstrably not wrong, but... you know...

[​IMG]

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The omnipresent voice of moderation (TM): Please ensure that any subsequent discussion and debate your positions is conducted in a grown-up fashion. Even better if it's in a more appropriate thread.

I for one found not the pun, but the realization that a marketing manager somewhere in the world is going to end their career with an ill-advised campaign in around 5 weeks mildly amusing. In a darwin awards sort of way.

Pete J likes this.
  16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Apologies, let me make my post clear, I did not cry foul, I am not distancing myself or trying to back pedal from the pun I made no matter how distasteful you may find it.

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Mum has had another fall. This one I fear could be the last. Not because she will die from it, but because I don't think she will be able to move, even limited, ever again.

Last night we were talking. I mentioned I was running out of vape liquid. I may run out before Amazon arrive.

Her - "there is a vape shop in Littlehampton".
    Me - "No, I don't want you to go there"
    Her - "No it's fine etc"
    Me - "Whatever you do DON'T go off on your own and DON'T GO TO THE BLOODY VAPE SHOP".

Got up at 11. Phone ran for about 20 minutes. Was really annoying. I don't answer her phone, see. Any way then the doorbell goes. It's her mate. I opened the door expecting to see mum follow behind her but no mum. So her mate says "are you OK?" I said "She's fallen over, hasn't she?" yeah, she had gone down hard and had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance. She went down on her knee.

I thanked her and helped her down the step (she had a fall and broke her ankle and can barely walk now). Then the phone rings. It's mum. I'd already phoned the A&E by now and they had told me not to go there as no one is allowed in. Which didn't really help. Any way I answer the phone, it's mum.

"Are you OK darling what happened?"
    "I fell over in Littlehampton"
    "OK so are you OK?"
    "No I think I have broken my knee cap"
    "Where were you?"
    "In Littlehampton"
    "I know that, dippy, where were you when you fell? were you going to the sodding vape shop?"
    ------------------------------------------------------- silence
    "I fell over in the vape shop".

FFS. I had a right go at her but she just said "Well you know me, I never do what I am told so you can sod off". So at least she doesn't seem affected mentally and is still perfectly herself.

I have no doubt this is about to change everything though. At least this time I told my brother. Four times she's fallen and not even told him.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well in that case I do at least owe an apology for that, because the way I read it was :

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Eat a shitload of blue cheese? probably cheaper than a NHS script.