1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

2. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

[​IMG]

Progress is based on how much of the shadow is gone. After first treatment, about 90% of it was gone. I'll know more in a week or two about today's session 2. Ouchy pricey but worth it.
    Also a bonus! I'm one of the very rare trans customers, Lady Laserface promised to give me other treatments on top for free!

My face is starting to feel like it should. Yes, I still look like a bloke. That will change in about a year or so.

Last edited: 3 Oct 2020
    perplekks45, The_Crapman and Byron C like this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ah right, a worthy cause then. Looking good so far, I can't remember the last time my face looked that smooth. lol

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

About 40 years ago for me...

5. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Danke

I've been using a straight razor for couple months now. Compared to three passes, this is couple orders of magnitude superior. I'm expecting to having to shave in about week and a half. Its a slow process, takes multiple sessions to become permanent.

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So picked my car up yesterday, but couldn't really take it on much of test drive due to the weather and the roads being soaking wet.

Went out this morning and it's so much quicker, now I need to look at the exhaust as it's got all the speed but no noise, not like the kids you hear driving around in a 1 litre Corsa with a Cherry Bomb exhaust.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Going from this

[​IMG]

to this

[​IMG]

Cable management Cheesecake, and buckets of space for the eventual upgrade. Even tempted to try my hand at watercooling in this thing, so much room for it...

(Apologies for the potato iPhone camera)

Pete J and bawjaws like this.
  8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@Byron C , looking good there. I do like cases with those PSU compartment dividers, they certainly make for neat builds.

I would have rotated that rear panel fan 90 degrees so that the wire was coming out at the back corner of the case, and routed it behind the motherboard, though :p

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

That Nova Mesh is a dream to build in. One of the best budget cases I've ever built in, and loads of radiator support too. I modded out the airflow killing mesh (seriously Bitfenix?) from behind the main front panel and my my how she breathes now.

I wish I'd just bought half a dozen of these for my folding instead of trying to keep hot GPUs under control in solid panel cases :duh:

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah that does bug me, but TBH my motherboard only has one - freakin' one - chassis fan header, which is already occupied by the fan in the front... Either way it's miles better than what I was using and it's one of the baby steps on the road to finally upgrading to new CPU, mobo, RAM, and GPU next year.

A nice big fat modular power supply is next, and I can already knock half the price off that because I had a cheque through the post the other day for dividends on free shares that I didn't even know I had.

Yeah it really is a nice case to work in, seems a shame to be putting my weedy little i5 3470 and GTX 1060 in it! :grin:

Arboreal likes this.
  11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Plenty of room to grow into!

I feel bad I bought your Haswell i5, and you've only got Ivy left. My B250M woudl help take up a bit more room

Don't tell the SFFN guys, they'll put you in the Space Inefficiency Thread!

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hah, the Haswell MiniITX board didn't have PCIe x16, so it's not much use to me :).

I'm going to move up to a much more modern platform in the next year, and I may even (shock horror) buy new... I don't tend to buy new cases very often, the Fractal Design case that previously housed this machine is well over 5 years old now! Next up will be a decent power supply; a 400W PSU won't cope with a Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 combined with a 2000/3000-series Nvidia GPU! :grin:

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

In a turn of events no one could have predicted, the desk build is at "it's standing" stage, and some crazy how is also level. On the garage floor.

So it might not be level on the floor inside. But it's level where I measured for level, that must mean that everyone elses level is out should it turn out not to be level later.

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Work is over for this week. Tomorrow I'll start finding something new, I'm annoyed beyond belief.

IanW and goldstar0011 like this.
  15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

New job starting before the end of the month! It's been quite nice having a few months to myself - mainly Lego and gardening.

However, I still feel for the ever increasing number of unemployed at the moment. I found out that some more redundancies were made from my old place of work, as well as people leaving for other jobs (presumably due to an ever increasing workload).

Should've gone the Swedish route with CoronAIDS, but hey ho. Discussion for another thread.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Come on... really?

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It is a viral infection being passed by close contact and it's turning into an issue we can't seem to get on top of. Parallels to AIDS are there. And making fun of / insulting the virus makes sense to me as well.

Pete J likes this.
  18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure that neither virus is bothered, so you might be wasting your breath.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The only thing that makes AIDS and Covid-19 similar is that they're both caused viruses and they're both deadly diseases.

Plus the pun is just... not funny.

FWIW we are on top of AIDS these days. In Western countries we've got it to the point where AIDS is a manageable condition, albeit a life-long one. Plus, HIV-positive parents have given birth to children with absolutely zero traces of the HIV virus.

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

And the catching of both can be negated by simply taking personal responsibility for your own health.