1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

And there's me thinking, he could build a full size bat cave under his house out of lego... :rock:

liratheal likes this.
  2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

What about the Outland TIE fighter, (see The Mandalorian), or the TIE Striker (see Rogue One)?

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It's actually getting to that stage :hehe:. Well, there's a little bit of room and I could rearrange my study...
    Ohhh, James May style.
    I decided to stick to the original trilogy, though was tempted to have a Striker as I see Rogue One as a damn good extension of the original trilogy. There are also several versions from other media such as the many games - I think the Defender is awesome! There's also a really large variant, the Fury Interceptor, which I like.

I still haven't seen The Mandalorian - if it blows me away, I might do something about it Lego wise. I actually have the minifigs for them!

Guest-44432, Byron C and liratheal like this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Duuuuuuuuude, do it, it's gooooooood!

MadGinga likes this.
  5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You have until the end of the month to binge season 1 before season 2 begins.

PS - Byron is right! :thumb:

Arboreal, Byron C and MadGinga like this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'll get on it...

Byron C likes this.
  7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Parts for the fastest ship in the galaxy laid out:

[​IMG]

Took a few hours to do that :yawn:. Ah well, at least I got to listen to all the episodes of The Boys again. The upside is that the collection of brick I have is much smaller now, so I may be able to put everything on the table soon, saving me a lot of walking around to fetch parts!

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Millennium Falcon done!

[​IMG]

The first half of the build went fine, but the second part (the panelling) was a bloody nightmare. Several of the large sections are held by literally one stud attachment, which I found impossible to attach to the model without parts falling off. In the end, I dug around in my spares box and added some parts, which worked for the most part. I'm not quite happy with it and in the future may go back and break my rule of not using glue. However, it's a cool little model and I can't have arguably the most famous ship in the Star Wars universe absent!

I was going to get on with the B-Wing next, but I discovered I hadn't ordered parts for the stand, so I'm keeping an eye on Lego prices since I also have a few additional missing parts to purchase.

So, the next thing will be: Palpatine's Throne Room.

IanW, Vault-Tec and Byron C like this.
  9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Let this be our final battle...:p:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the parts list was wrong for this, so I need an additional two Death Star windows. Hence I've put in a couple more orders, including parts for the B-Wing stand.

Anyways, the new job, starting tomorrow, is severely going to cut into building time :hehe: .

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I was starting to think building was your new job.

Pete J likes this.
  11. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

is the wobble/wave along those steps a lens issue? or is my OCD just kicking in?!

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

[​IMG]

Been having a go at making HMS Surprise in LDD.

Pete J likes this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

With the exception of the 8880, I've always taken pictures with my Xperia XZ, which seems to have massive lens distortion - but you've made me paranoid, so I'll check with a set square!
    Awesome! Keep us posted. Maybe you can end up selling the instructions on Rebrickable and making a few quid for your troubles!

14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Possibly, but frankly there's so many great ship builds out there already that I doubt I'd have a chanceof selling much. But will keep you all updated!

Pete J likes this.
  15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Pete J likes this.
  16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ooooohhhhh, I'm adding that to the to-do list. He has a Uziel and Ryoken too. Now I need an Atlas, Dire Wolf and Fafnir too. And a Timber Wolf, because iconic.

17. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Im a big fan of battletech, did I do it right? Looks like its around £380 for the bricks?

Eeeek!

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Actually checked, my God, I didn't realise the distortion on my phone camera was THAT bad (model is square as expected from Lego).
    Yup, that's right, before postage :jawdrop:. I think two parts (of which two each are required, i.e. 4 in total) may not exist in the colour specified. Still, given the number of parts, the cost isn't actually too bad. The Centenario was more by quite a bit.

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Palpatine's throne room complete!

[​IMG]

I moved onto the B-Wing and got the stand completed, but early on into building, a part was missing - ordered, with a chance to add to my growing Iron Man collection...

[​IMG]

I'm going to have a stab at building the A-Wing while I wait...

Byron C and IanW like this.
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, ran into missing parts for the A-Wing too:

[​IMG]

Onto the Y-Wing then I suppose...