1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nice! I've got one of these awaiting customs clearance:

[​IMG]

Those are 3.5" drive sleds, to give you an idea of the size of the thing. RK3399 Arm CPU, 2.5-gig-Ethernet alongside standard gigabit, five SATA ports plus a SATA M.2 (though you lose the ability to run the fifth hotswap bay if you populate the M.2 slot), and - and this is particularly neat - a built-in UPS. Literally, a battery inside the case.

Looking forward to its long-awaited arrival!

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

That looks so aesthetic.. wish my pc looked that clean lol

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That looks bloody impressive for the money, G. Will you be doing a review?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Aye, there'll be a spread in a future CPC. Got to wait for a stable release of Armbian for the thing first, though!

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Cool, will you post about it here as well? Because I'm interested in that sexy little beast once it becomes available again.

6. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

[​IMG]

Got my rads in

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Aye, can do - there'll probably be something up on Hackster, too, depending on timings and whether I burn my one-a-month hands-on feature on something else first.

perplekks45 and Arboreal like this.
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

andrew8200m and IanW like this.
  9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Ignore the GPU and the riser, just the lil gubbins of cables at the bottom:
    [​IMG]

A 400W "external" power brick:
    [​IMG]

Goatee likes this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Should the opportunity arise to consider a meaningful upgrade from my Focals, I think I'm going to have to listen to some planar magnetics. I'll still want closed back but, staying with dynamic drivers and Focal means moving up to Stellias at around £2900. Sennheiser HD 820 might be nice but, I suspect they might be a bit too clinical for me. I like my headphones to sound less clinical and more enthusiastic, as I mainly listen to prog/alt rock. I sent back Beyerdynamic T5Ps because they sounded to clinical, a bit too germanic and efficient.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2020
  11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I have one of these revo bricks. They are solid bits of kit.

yuusou likes this.
  12. perplekks45

Don't even get near Sennheiser HD 8xx if you found Beyerdynamic's too clinical. If you want musical planar magnetics, give HifiMan a try. Their prices aren't completely insane like Audeze's and they are technically very adapt pieces of gear. I own the first batch HE-400 and they served me well while my LCD-Xs were on repair. Just a reminder of how wonderful they sound. Very different from the LCD-X, but the main characteristics are similar: strong/deep/textured in the lows, musical mids, very clear but not painful treble.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Talking about Infocom's A Mind Forever Voyaging elsethread made me sad I don't have a physical copy with the feelies, given it's my favourite game ever.

Quick trip to FleaBay later...

upload_2020-10-20_9-1-59.png

Christ, though, but Infocom games got 'spensive. I should put my spare copy of Leather Goddesses of Phobos up for sale, recoup some of my spend!

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

My problem is that I do like the sound of my Elegias and, the Stellias, as far as I can tell from various reviews, are broadly similar, just better, but there is that small matter of £2900 though and planar magnetics, on the level of your LCD-Xs, are somewhat cheaper. All moot really though, I can't afford another upgrade yet and I'm really happy with what I have. Damned upgrade itch is bound to rear it's ugly head again though, eventually.

perplekks45 likes this.
  15. perplekks45

Honestly, I've not had that itch in a long time. Sure, the HD 800S are the best headphones I've never heard (I like analytical sounds), but I'm more than happy with the LCD-X. And I stopped listening to what else is out there exactly for that reason: not getting that itch.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just splurged on a Quest 2 and link cable on amazon. Hope I don't get motion sickness, :D

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Play little and often if new to VR to allow your mind to adjust.

Jumping straight into zero gravity games is awesome, but a very high chance of getting motion sickness.

Playing games like Beat Saber where you are pretty much standing still will have the least chance of motion sickness.

It took me about a week to get used to playing Racing Simulators for long periods of time where motion sickness was not a thing anymore. To the point I once spent 18Hrs in VR playing Elite Dangerous. Till this day I cannot workout where that time went, and how I was not hungry or needed the toilet.
    Guess I just made the most of having the house to myself that weekend. :hehe:

Cerberus90 likes this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

When I had a CV1, I found the trick was to always close my eyes when changing from the headset to IRL & back.

19. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Some parts for my mobile office for when I go and see the other half and need to work from there....

Razer Naga, Razer CYNOSA, Razer Gigantus large, 2x laptop desk stands, a linksys 5 port gig switch, a 4 way power strip with 3x USB ports and a type C port that delivery 85w combined and 5x cat6 ethernet cables. All of it is my first Razer gear and for the cheaper end stuff it isn't actually that bad! Need to get a headset but the Razer stuff sounds terrible! Beyer Dynamics DT1770pro with a DAC and a Yeti is in order me thinks!!

[​IMG]

Naga hasn't arrived yet so rocking my old and trusty Logitech G9X for the time being but other than that its a mighty impressive little mobile office :grin:

Also, couldn't get on with the S20 Ultra.. still got it, still using it, really like the device concept but it fails miserably in the day to day, especially in the camera department. As such, new phone in! Gone back to the basics, slightly smaller, proven design, less powerful but clean and uncluttered with a camera that is truly on point, bring on the...

Pixel 5 Sorta Sage!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy month of goodies for me :grin::rock:

Last edited: 21 Oct 2020
  20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just been trying it out for about an hour, and now I'm out of VR it does feel a bit odd, doesn't help I tried the superhot demo last and now I keep thinking I need to stay still and why doesn't everything stop when I do, :eyebrow::eyebrow::eeek::duh::grin:
    Not enough space in my room, hit the wardrobe door a few times, :D