1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Love the colour scheme! and such a clean look! Very very nice!

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

oh excellent, very cool that you've gone Deathwatch with him. I still really want to get my hands on this guy, I just balk at having to pay 4 or 5 times + what he would have cost to those now selling on eBay.

3. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Yeah I fortunately got him for RRP when it came out but I decided I wouldn't be playing ultramarines so deathwatch was the perfect fit.

(It also gives me the excuse to buy some of the cooler models from all of the marine range to use as terminators)

4. Almightyrastus

Don't forget that this guy will be available tomorrow for Warhammer day:

[​IMG]

I think he will be available online as a made to order if you can't get to a store.

Pete J, liratheal and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  5. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Heading into store tomorrow morning to add him to my growing pile of ltd edition models I've been too afraid / indecisive to paint

6. Almightyrastus

I've just ordered him online. It'll be a while until he ships, but hey, at least I avoid the joys of the current public transport system....

7. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I managed to snag him for free, I had two packets of marine upgrades I didn't need so I was able to exchange him.

Now to decide how to paint him

Almightyrastus and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

[​IMG]

Doesn't look like much has changed, but it's making progress. It has feet now! And like..60% of a rail gun.

9. liratheal

While waiting for more solvent - Seriously, buying this stuff in Germany is .. challenging - I picked up Facebones;

[​IMG]

Got to sculpt some more fleshy bits, and decide what to do about the eyes. I've rolled out two milliput balls to possibly make them myself, but we'll see.

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

hey look, Facebones

my hobby has somewhat stalled at the moment due to moving rooms, fortunatly it should allow me to have the printers in my old ( box ) room and thus should improve my ability to print as they wont be in an outside garage

11. liratheal

I'd been wondering what you'd been up to!

[​IMG]

I need to finish the horns, and maybe lighten the skull in general, and decide whether I want to cut the top off to get an Arduino in there.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  12. Almightyrastus

Orcses!!!

[​IMG]

and ratty boys

[​IMG]

And this camera really sucks (s20 Ultra), need to sort it out

[ZiiP] NaloaC and liratheal like this.
  13. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

not mine, but Forgeworld AT scale Knight...

umm forgeworld... your 3d printer layer lines are showing...

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Are you sure it's a genuine product? I've seen my friend's Forgeworld models and they certainly look moulded rather than printed.

15. lilgoth89

Thats just what came up from someone on a Discord, he said its a genuine product, and its not a secret FW use 3d printers in their models and design process

16. Almightyrastus

Unfortunately the thinking behind the design and production process (certainly production) with FW has always been "good enough". Much to the displeasure of the guys who design the parts. Understandably they want the things that they make to be sold as perfect castings (I know I certainly did on the bits of work that I did - nowt special, just modifications to some old scenery parts). FW could really do with investing in some decent resin printers for the master production, but they are the "poor" sibling in GW in terms of R&D funding, at least they were and that thinking has probably carried on.

17. liratheal

Honestly I feel like FW's days are numbered for anything that isn't special character models. Since those are hand sculpted, I don't expect they can get the budget for anything fancy like a resin printer.

18. Almightyrastus

I'm sure that they can get the budget for something that would be fine for producing masters to be then used for resin casting, certainly for infantry or Rhino sized stuff. Even a cheapish resin one would be better than a filament printer for things like that. The problem is (like with a lot of companies) the thinking of "oh we don't need that, we already have this, and that works well enough". It's the whole concept of "well enough" that gets me with things like R&D. Even working here (multi-national electrical and electronics (and robots and turbos...) company), I have had to make do an improvise with things because getting the funding to do things perfectly is a pain in the proverbial...

In other news, this old Games Day special fella is getting a remake:

[​IMG]

He's looking pretty awesome:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gilljoy, [ZiiP] NaloaC and liratheal like this.
  19. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I don't post in here very often but I hope everyone has a merry christmas and gets lots of hobby time in

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Almightyrastus like this.
  20. Almightyrastus

Thanks buddy, you too.

I shall be done with work for the year after this week so I am going to have a good chunk of time to try and get some bits and pieces sorted out. I'd like to get a couple more Blood Bowl teams finished off, still got Dwarfs and Humans to sort out to add to the orcs and skaven that I already have.