1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You have to go shopping first?!? Sounds like a nightmare!!! :lol::lol:

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's quite a steep learning curve. There's a dizzying array of scopes, grips, stocks etc. Couple of weeks and you have it down. It is quite intimidating at first, but I just hide until I've got what I need. Then I get stupid and wander off. Been ran over a few times lol.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Initially, yes!
    It does mean you get a chance to have good kit randomly on landing :happy:

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

PUBG can be fun, but I always get annoyed because of the cheaters in it.

Played it again the other day because there was nothing in Destiny 2 that I needed to do and the first game me and my mate got killed by someone firing a Kar98 full auto!

Next game we won, I had 11 kills and he had 6 kills, game after that we won as well but with only 2 kills each, the next 4 games we made it to the last 10 and got killed by players shooting single fire weapons full auto with anti recoil macros and wall hacks.

I can play it for a few hours, but then have to stop playing it for a few weeks/months because I just get to worked up and rage to much when playing it.

5. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

I see [​IMG] lol

damien c likes this.
  6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Ha ha I forgot about that :)

My mate that I play PUBG with always tells me "Calm down it's just a game" but then I rage even more about it.

I just wish PUBG had some competant developers behind it.

Arboreal likes this.
  7. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I still enjoy PUBG and am not good enough to be put off by the player problems that often.

You're right about competent developers, as this 'bloody stupid game' (as one friend has dubbed it) causes more problems with stability than anything else on any of our PCs.

One friend has endless freezing problems despite new installs etc, and another 2 have random glitches hat shouldn't be there on a game that's been live all that time.

I am frustrated by it at times, but I put a lot of it down to my ageing reflexes and lack of gaming ability; but I do enjoy the whole thing most of the time. It's great to have friends to make up a squad some nights a week.

My rant is that it would be great to have decent coop games that allow 6 rather than 4 players, as we have varying numbers on a given night.

We joke about wall hacks, but I have to agree there have been some suspect results that we cannot explain.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Play "real shooters", lads. Arena FPS are to men what BR games are to millennials.

/runs and hides

damien c and adidan like this.
  9. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

Walked into the shop today and saw those. First glance "WTF they are rice crispies" and then the penny dropped.

Duly bought.

perplekks45 likes this.
  10. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Tried them a couple of months back and the jury is still out. The kids loved them though.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Banked an hour's flexitime so I can early doors tomorrow.

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I miss flexitime. Probably the ONLY good thing about my old, old job.

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I work 36 instead of 39 hours a week and get Friday off. This is a win. Every. Week.

IanW and Pete J like this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The Saga of the Shitty Capture Card is over!

So it kept locking up during some test streams - video just freezes completely... Finally lost my **** with it yesterday and decided to take it back - I was in the office today, so I could easily wander down to CeX.

So CeX test it before issuing a refund, as they do... and their workshop machine won't even detect the device. So it wasn't just janky af, it was also defective. Obviously there were no arguments in issuing a refund!

Replaced it with an Elgato HD60 S. The capture card I should have bloody bought in the first place...

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  15. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

How I feel right now....

[​IMG]

16. Vault-Tec

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not quite the Grammy I deserve but after a day off celebrating the little dudes 3rd birthday yesterday, I logged onto my works laptop this morning to find I was nominated for a performance award, £25 Amazon gift voucher to spend as I wish and a big ol pat on the back! Ultra morale booster!

Also, with auctions drying up a bit I thought I’d make today’s count to keep me going through the Christmas period, had plenty of stuff I was interested in and lots started finishing at a weird time of the day.

all together I’ve won 14 lots spending £145, it’s all really good stuff and quite a few golden nuggets! Spent £9 on a Sony Handycam that recently sold for £225 on eBay in working condition, this particular one I have is In a pristine canon case with spare battery... I’ve sold something similar broken for £90 so here’s hoping!!

MLyons, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  18. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

[​IMG]

Its official.

I've been using black market hormones and such. Waiting list is 4years+, black market has given me results. I'll roll with it

Byron C likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

I feel like such a f*****g idiot right now. A very happy idiot.

So I bought this Tag Mclaren AV32 from one of my cousin's mates via my cousin. Absolutely pristine unit. I had it ages before I set it up (about 9 months) and when I connected it up the sub output wasn't working. Because I'd had it so long I just split out one of the front speakers into the sub, job done. However, when I read the manual it said that there is a "Tag Mclaren Surround +sub" mode which never worked. Nor did Night Mode which I wanted (but is easy to sort yourself any way).

Other than that it worked fine. Any way, what has been annoying since I got it was that the previous user renamed all of the inputs so my stuff doesn't make sense. MD was Xbox, which I wanted to rename TV, given I am using it optical from the TV. Every time I pressed Menu on the remote "Menu" comes up on the unit and then..... Nothing happened. No matter what I did I could not see this menu. So after a while I got annoyed and figured the remote wasn't working properly either. So I just left it alone.

Today I decided to have another go. Still the same. So I Googled it and loads of people had the same issue ! I figured it was a fault, then one of the replies said -

"You do realise the TMC AV32 has video passthrough right? and that you can't see the menu on the unit it comes up on the TV!"

I've never felt like such a friggin DUMBASS in all my life. Whacked in a component cable and switch the TV to AV and sure enough, there is the menu. For some reason whoever had it before disabled the sub output. Maybe he didn't have one? IDK. Any way, managed to rename my ports, switch the start volume from 0 to where I listen to it, calibrate all of the speakers, distances apart and ETC. I also turned off panoramic which just adds echo which I was never best pleased about.

And it's *banging*. The sub drops so low I am back to rattling the ceiling, so it's gone back to 2 lol.

FFS. I need to get me one of them cheap reverse screens with the AV input so I can use that for the menu. Don't want another cable running around untidy.

20. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Three months on HRT.

My face has changed somewhat, small changes but hey changes.

Edit: shaved on sunday evening. Only place that has sprouted stubble that I can feel is my chin. Lady Laserface knows what she is doing. Next session is on 5th, not confirmed yet tho.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2020
    Byron C and DeadP1xels like this.