1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

For The King

Fun little rogue-like RPG, lots of replay value. Me and the other half have played it co-op a couple of times and won the standard game once, so time to up the difficulty settings and try some of the other scenarios.

I will get back to KOTOR2, but I'm in a really horrible fight with badly underpowered characters right now and it's.... pretty tough....!

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Unfortunate Spacemen

It's like Among Us, but also a FPS, so it's all the paranoia and back stabbing, with occasional bouts of frantic shooting. The biggest thing it has over Among Us is that figuring out who the monster is doesn't end the match, it just means you know who the monster is, now you have to hunt and kill it. It's probably the closest to a multiplayer The Thing game there will ever be.

Also, it's free.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Idk why I haven't heard of this, getting on it right away.

4. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Sounds like a Trouble in Terrorist Town game mode with infected.

5. fix-the-spade

It seems it came out to little fanfare in June, I only learned about it because a couple of reviews appeared on Youtube and it was free.

There is certainly a lot of TTT going on there, but more monstrous.

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Borderlands 3

Playing this with a chum. We're not really sold on it, but trying to give it a chance. Half the time we seem to be looking through the guns we've picked up, which are rarely better than the ones we currently have. It's also ludicrously easy - really could do with a choice of difficulty.

7. boiled_elephant

At least if it all goes Pete Tong - oh, er, no offense. At least if it all goes wrong, you can just replay Borderlands 2 co-op, the best co-op shooter experience ever. In a way I'm surprised they bothered making a sequel, it's like if James Cameron made Titanic and swept all the Oscars then 5 years later decided to make Titanic 2: The Titanicking. Like why bother, you did it, quit while you're ahead.

Pete J likes this.
  8. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Diablo 3. I am really not good at it but I like it and keep coming back every so often to not manage the seasonal goals. I seem to have done better this time than before with the help of a levelling guide and some lucky rolls.

Not sure about Diablo 4, I hope Blozzard don't microtransaction the hell out of it or implement some other weird mechanic cooked up by marketing and behavioural scientists.

9. boiled_elephant

But you know they will.

I just started playing Doom 2016 again, kinda didn't appreciate it first time round and gave up halfway in. Starting to get it now. Despite playing it on the spares rig on a fsking GTX 670...

10. fix-the-spade

Project Wingman

On the one hand it is basically a knock off Ace Combat, one the other hand it's basically a knock off Ace Combat.
    It plays like the older PS2 Ace Combat games, the story is very Ace Combat, the game even looks a lot like Ace Combat 6. At moments it is completely gorgeous though, one mission with a thunderstrom at low level and sunshine above is especially gorgeous, whoever came up with the effects of the rain against the canopy needs to do that for every flying game.

It's rare to see a game where the ending is everyone but you dies, but in this one by the end of the final boss even your co-pilot is slumped over in the cockpit, apparently dead. Congratulations, you won, it only cost you your friends, your freedom and your homeland. Burning landscape in all directions to the horizon, it makes quite an impression.

Last edited: 5 Dec 2020
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Busy playing through a few VR games

Elite dangerous. Not 100% my type of game, but WOW it looks good in VR :jawdrop:
    Walking dead saints and Sinners. Something satisfying about grabbing a zombie and bashing it in the head. :lol:
    Beat Saber. With a few custom songs, this is a family favourite :thumb:

12. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Re-volt, the RC racing game.

A discussion on discord reminded me of a time back in around 2007 when I was trying to use Blender to make models and tracks for re-volt, a fairly daft arcade racer with grotesque RNG down to powerups. I was utterly terrible with Blender, but backed Big Buck Bunny before giving up on it. Anyway, the discussion prompted me to have a look see if I could find a copy online and wouldn't you believe it, the game is downloadable with an active multiplayer scene, racing leagues, a couple of thousand in the discord and some whiz kids still patching it.

The legal status is a little hazy so I won't direct link (the copyright holder hasn't exercised their rights to it in years since using community created code in a version sold through GOG) but tis but a DDG away for those who want some nostalgia.

13. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I love Re-volt. I even tried the mobile version a while back. I don't recommended it, a touch screen doesn't have the finesse required.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Control, on the Xbox One. Which is hella buggy. Been playing it for two days, had three crashes-to-desktop - one 'cos it ran out of VRAM. On a console with fixed specifications. Riddle me that, Remedy. I've also failed two missions by falling through the floor.

I'm sticking with it 'cos I like the lore, but the gameplay's dull as dishwater.

15. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

Downloading cyberpunk just now

16. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

I'm bad at it it turns out.

17. boiled_elephant

I've seen this benchmarked in various GPU reviews on Youtube and it always seems to run like poop there too, getting like 50% less fps than other graphically similar titles. I think it's just a really badly made game/engine at some fundamental level.

Meanwhile. I'm playing GTA5: bought it a few weeks ago for the first time ever. My hobby is ignoring the best games ever made until they're like £10, because then it feels like insane off-the-charts value for money.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'd agree: two more I've-exceeded-the-amount-of-VRAM-in-this-fixed-specification-console crashes today. One of which occurred at what I'm assuming is the midpoint of a very long and involved battle, which presumably I'll have to sink time into redoing tomorrow 'cos the thing only saves mission progress at set manually-triggered checkpoints. Cheers, Remedy.

Quite pleased I'm playing the thing on Game Pass and haven't forked over real money for a copy. Great lore - I mean, it's basically the SCP wiki with the serial numbers filed off - but not a great game. (Amusingly, one character tells you about a dream he had in which he's in a "****king boring game" - you and me both, pal.)

19. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I've not had any crashes or performance issues in Control yet. Im only in the middle of the research labs, so still time I guess. Playing at 1080p on an original XbOne, it is making the fan spin louder than anything else recently...

20. Gareth Halfacree

Interesting - I'm on an S (not a Series S, though.)