1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Nice - thanks. I'd likely be shoving an SSD in there anyway. Transfer looks to be of a reasonable speed then. I'll order one up!

Cheers again.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Needed a low profile CPU cooler for my work PC so got this on ebay at a very low price. It's a bit overkill but at least it'll be quieter than the garbage that came with the PC...

[​IMG]

3. el2k

el2k Modder

Do you happen to have a link, I can't quite find them THAT cheap...

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I got the last two. They were £79 each, which came to £126.40 after applying the 20% discount.

5. el2k

el2k Modder

Ah, that makes sense, i could only find them at £78.99 but only from people with no discount code available, still cheap though :thumb:

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Moved house Tuesday and have been on a bit of a spree since, probably best to do whilst I can still rationalise it all as "moving costs".

A metric sh_tonne of LED G9 and GU10 bulbs to replace the >100 halogens in this house
    A few pairs of curtains
    A additional backrest and cushion to add to our modular sofa to create a 5m wide mega-sofa
    A new postbox since the key for the existing one is missing and it's a bit rusty crusty anyway

A 7ft pool table plus the needful accoutrements
    [​IMG]

A Bluesound Powernode 2i for the integrated speakers in the kitchen and games room
    [​IMG]

A PS5 arrives today
    [​IMG]

A bed frame and superking vispring bedstead superb
    [​IMG]

A TV for the bedroom, will probably get another of the same for the kitchen as whilst I wasn't planning to have a TV in there, there's a bracket and sockets on the wall for one, and it's probably easier to slap a TV up there than rip it all out.
    [​IMG]

A Makita DLM533, 36v self propelled jobber since my fisher price toy of a mower for my former postage stamp of grass is no longer adequate
    [​IMG]

And the first of what I assume will be multiple calls from my credit card provider asking me if all is well, because there's still a big shopping list to get through.

And whilst such a spree would normally give me the cold sweats, tis but a rounding error in comparison to the big purchase...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC, Yaka, IanW and 2 others like this.
  7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Wifey just reminded me that we only have one pan that works on the new hob.

[​IMG]

So there's another £650 up in smoke. I'm just thankful that this spree is coinciding with the sales.

8. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

That's a nice place you've got there. I would literally have a seizure if I had to spend that much money in one go! I'm already getting sweats about borrowing the money for an extension in the new year!

9. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

perplekks45 likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Never seen a lawnmower with a slot machine built in. Takes away the boredom I guess :D

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Storming HMP Ashwell in Jan so **** it, shopping time.

NX600s with rat tail switch, a Vector Optics Nautilus 1x30 Gen II QD RDS and some new 30/125 N-mags.

[​IMG]

BeauchN, The_Crapman and Goatee like this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That looks like an awesome venue for it...

13. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

That’s a beauty!

14. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I'd completely forgotten the prison had closed after the riots and had no idea this was there now. Next time I visit family I'm there!

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Wait £650... not for a pan set surely? my entire kitchen is worth less than that. I feel I’m missing a key piece of adulting knowledge to justify such expenditure! Is your hob powered by ungodly forces that only these pans can contend with?

I bought some stuff from Clocks & Colours Black Friday sale, maybe I’m having an early midlife crisis at the ripe old age of 28. I like a good old accessory now and then. I’ve tried a few cheapo rings from AliExpress & eBay but wanted something a bit more substantial and some of these go £150+ I’ve never been able to justify it. Literally the same day I was looking I got hit with the 30% discount code... it was meant to be!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

They look like le creuset. They're well made. Are they worth it? Usual law of diminishing returns but they should at least last. They're cheap compared to mauviel 1830. I always fancied a finex https://www.boroughkitchen.com/products/finex-7-piece-cast-iron-cookware-set

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Actually Tefal Scanpan (in before OP :happy:). This is one of those situations where if it's a brand I haven't heard of it's either really cheap or really expensive isn't it.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2020
  18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

You'd think that by now, when Mister Tad posts another of his expensive purchases, people would have learned not to be shocked/appalled/impressed by the price tags ;)

Byron C, IanW and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

True.

Just wish i was in @Mister_Tad 's Freecycle area :happy:

20. walle

walle Minimodder

Yaka likes this.