1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

We have a PC in the lounge that my son plays Forza on at the weekend. Its currently in a nice sff case that my wife turned on its side as it doesn't fit in the cabinet.

He is getting a new case, as this gem came up.

[​IMG]

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

S4 Mini? I thought you had one?

Not that I'm envious, or anything. No, not at all.

I'm definitely not coveting your T1 either.

bawjaws and Arboreal like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Said Whitney to Bobby.

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I had an S4 mini, I sold that. This is a S4-C, the classic, smaller version.

When I get my winter one and Mjolnir, I should really have a case clear-out.

David and Arboreal like this.
  5. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Yep, Goatee’s S4 mini is at my Dad’s waiting for me to collect it this weekend :)

Goatee and David like this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

So for the past few weeks since buying some proper high end speakers and an amp to power them I've been looking at ways to go above 44khz and up to 96. I could spend about three grand on a streamer box etc etc. Or I could pay about £800 for a CD player with FLAC and WAV support. Or, I could build a simple ITX PC with one of my several sound cards in that all do 192khz. For less than £100. So I decided to do that. First I had the joy of trying to find a case that is ITX and can take a sound card. I can not express how hard that was. All of the nice looking Alu ones all have no place for any expansion cards. At all. Two weeks I searched. I really didn't want something plopped atop my stack that looks like a PC at all. Again, I can't tell you how hard that was. It was made even more annoying because I used to have a really expensive media PC case made from solid alu. Which I threw away ages ago. That said it was very deep and would have been annoying.

Eventually after almost giving up (the Raven was far too ugly and "un stereo like" for me) I found this.

[​IMG]

Which actually looks like a stereo component, whilst at the same time being able to accomodate a sound card. £42, and they even throw in the hard riser that I won't be able to use (will explain below)

[​IMG]

I found a ITX I3 bundle on Ebay for £35. Comes with a Intel board, I3 2100 and 4gb ram. More than good enough for me. However, it's X1. Meaning I either have to cut the socket open at the end or just use the £28 or so 1x riser I bought ages ago and never used. I will hold off on that (threw in a couple of offers on FSP 300w SFX) but I did get this for £8 to go over the Fractal bit.

[​IMG]

For sound cards I have three options. Xonar STX PCIE, XFI Titanium HD or D2X. I will likely fit the Xonar and Tit HD (as they sound rather different) and then I can simply pop the lid off and change the ribbon to the other one. Totally altering the sound profile whilst I am at it.

Which is good.

Yup offer just accepted, cost me £15.

[​IMG]

@Arboreal I did find a Seasonic like you said, but sadly they have a fan sticking up that would stop it fitting in the case.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2020
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Was this an eBay find? Those are quite nice cases...

8. adidan

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Must.... not.... buy....

I only want it because they're nice cases - I have absolutely *no* use for it whatsoever, it'll sit in its box gathering dust for months until I put a system in it... I've got far bigger priorities when it comes to spending money!

meandmymouth and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

I was having the same thought :happy:

And yet I don't have an sfx psu nor itx mobo in the house. Oh and no use for it either :happy:

11. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I bought myself a Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic yesterday, just been dropped off by DPD. I bought all the parts for a new PC last week, I ended up scrimping on the case as I wanted the best bang for buck when it came to the components and I was on a strict budget. I'd originally bought a Corsair Spec 05. That was a mistake. For a budget case it's OK but within a week I started coming across issues, namely the lack of space inside it and limited airflow.

So I've blown my strict budget and gone for the Lian Li. I remember when I used to write reviews years back, I'd done a couple of Lian Li case reviews so I knew their kit is usually of a very high build quality. Unboxed the new case and I can see that seems to still hold true! Just got to wait for the 3x 120mm fans I've ordered along with the fan splitter and I can get cracking on building it up. Going AIO CPU cooler and air for now but seriously considering building a custom WC loop in it. Happy days :)

[​IMG]

The_Crapman and enbydee like this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Very very nice case to build a loop in. There's a reason they're so popular. Well, 2. The other being that one with an ek distro build is the memed embodiment of watercooling right now, so everyone with a large bank balance and no imagination wants the same.

14. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I had one and it made a great living room PC case, but I ended up selling the lot.
    I now have a B450 ITX board with RAM, SSD and a 3200G sitting around doing nothing...

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Payday CD splurge;

Lorna Shore - Immortal
    Genitorturers - Blackheart Revolution
    Offspring - Splinter
    Offspring - Rise And Fall, Rage and Grace
    Goldfinger - Hang-Ups
    Godsmack - Awake

Also some bits and pieces to make myself a Facebones, because I can't shake the desire to have a Facebones.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

nuprol large hardcase with 2 layers of pnp foam. first time using pnp and my tetris-fu has weakened over the years. still; 2 layers of replacement foam is only £20, probably cheaper if i shop around.

at least they're safe/secure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    suppose i had to get it eventually

[​IMG]

Bring on December 1st

Last edited: 25 Nov 2020
    Almightyrastus and The_Crapman like this.
  17. The_Crapman

Looks fine to me. Pistol and bits to the side together, ar mags surrounding it.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

looking at it again i wish id moved the pistol up and had a nice line of mags across the bottom, would have had room to put the pistol mags there as well and could have dropped the batts/loader in the top left corner. oh well, foresight is always 20/20

The_Crapman likes this.
  19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

[​IMG]

Given that all tech or clothes/functional clothes Black Friday deals on Amazon.de are utter shite, I at least treated myself to a stash refill.

goldstar0011 and legoman like this.
  20. The_Crapman

Still going to get you a big ol' smile every time you open the case from those beauties though.