1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Witcher 3 is getting a visual upgrade soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 7 Sep 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

monty-pup likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Got to love CDPR :thumb:

3. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

Glad to see this right now because I was just about to start Witcher 3 for the very first time!

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Another game that doesn't need it. Are the those system specific games taking too long I wonder? Backwards compatibility not working right? Or just wanting to squeeze that last bit of juice out of the fruit. Call me a cynic, but it all seem entirely unnecessary to me.

5. adidan

I'm all for it, I was thinking of having another run through.

A bit more pretty, and it's free!

Companies get slated for overpriced dlc, loot boxes, pay to win and so on - CDPR buck that trend and then some.

6. Fizzban

I'll admit I missed the free part. Scanning got me again. I do respect CDPR. One of the few companys I do still respect in fact. I'm jut weary of all the remakes/remasters.

7. adidan

I hear you, it can seem like going over old ground rather than creating a new.

If it doesn't interfere with that then i'm all for it. TBH i'd like a Fallout 3 remake as I never played it first time round :lol:

But yeah, looking forward to new things more.

8. Fizzban

I can see the appeal. Fallout 3 didn't even look good 12 years ago. Honestly Fallout 4 looked out of date when it launched. But to see it in 2020 livery? Yeah I could get behind that. Well if Bethesda ever update their engine anyway.

You've just reminded me. Wasn't there a group doing Elder Scrolls Daggerfall in the Skyrim engine?

adidan likes this.
  9. adidan

I think so, there always seems to be one group working on something - never sure if any of them see the light of day.

Think there is a big FO4 project still on the go too.

Lots of hard work it's a shame if they just fizzle out.

Edit: There's Beyond Skyrim and Fallout Cascadia logs on YT, think there's probably more.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If it means we get less vapid and exploitative garbage like CoD Sequel #3453454, Destiny, Anthem or that new Marvel game then frankly developers spending time improving old games is very much a blessing in disguise.

adidan likes this.
  11. adidan

Ha, true enough. :lol:

Looking forward to CP2077 and hoping Bethesda find old form with Starfield though.

12. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

hey yall, you know that 3rd game from that series from 15 years ago you didn't give a crap about when it released 5 years ago

ITS GETTIN N UPGRADEZ

k great

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yes and no for me. I think remakes, if done correctly, can be good or even great games. But most of them are simply cashing in on former glories. I'd much rather have new IP that tries new settings and mechanics, but that's getting harder and harder to do. Most games, even if new IP and even if trying "new stuff", are mostly re-hashed ideas from back when and slightly adapted mechanics from older titles, sometimes taken from multiple sources and brought together for the first time. Most often, though, not.

If by finding old form you mean releasing a mostly bug-free game that has actual content and little to no pay walls or other pay-to-win/pay-to-play mechanics.... don't think so. Most likely it'll be overhyped, buggy and come in four versions: standard for 60 bucks with just the "base game", deluxe for 80 bucks with FREE IN-GAME ITEMS AND SKINS, limited for 125 bucks with a digital map and soundtrack thrown in, and collector's edition for 250 bucks with plastic garb---- replicas and a printed map and art book, the soundtrack on a very ugly form-over-function USB stick, all in what was supposed to be a velvet lined wooden box and turned out to be an ALDI shopping bag with some Easter fake grass to protect what's inside.

boiled_elephant and adidan like this.
  14. adidan

Probably true, hopefully not.

In reality I won't touch one of their games until the modding community are allowed at it. Afterall it's them, their abilities and their time that have made their games what they are and given them longevity.

I can always hope though.

In the meantime some free stuff from CDPR is very welcome :happy:

perplekks45 likes this.
  15. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Anything that's not another FPS is probably welcome.

16. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Who hurt you? Cause even Witcher 1 is still a great game. You definitely missing out on a fantastic game series with a ton of replayability. You should consider supporting good devs that continue to support their games years later. CDPR is the type of developer we should want most of the game industry to aspire to be. They care about their customers and their games.

adidan and boiled_elephant like this.
  17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Fixed that for you.

CD Projekt Red are so lovely. I just can't believe there are so few game devs like them (i.e. good ones)

edit - turns out I was pretty out-of-date with my info. I stopped paying attention for a while and in that time, CDPR turned out to be just another employee-crushing monolith.

Although I will go out on a limb and say Witcher 1 kinda sucks now. It's aged like room temperature milk. I tried many times, but yeesh.

I'm willing to flirt with a forum ban and say that Bethesda are the one company I'd legit consider returning to video game piracy for. I've lost faith in them so completely. At the very least I'll wait a loooong time for the Lets Plays, bug fixes and price drops. If anything, the community response is the best part now: I've spent many happy hours watching ruthless Youtube assassinations of Fallout 76.

Last edited: 29 Dec 2020
  18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And of course:

boiled_elephant likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

EDIT: This post has been cleansed of inconvenient petty nonsense about working conditions or people's health being destroyed.

Please continue to enjoy CD Projekt Red products without worrying about all that stuff. After all, everyone does it so that makes it all okay.

Last edited: 2 Dec 2020
    bawjaws and enbydee like this.
  20. adidan

To their customers they are.

Beyond that is up for debate.

Tags: Add Tags