1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Hope it all works out, @Big Elf .

Presumably that's third behind being kicked in the baws and stepping on an upturned plug?

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

2 broken toes and a whole lot of **** this ****.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Oh crap dude, what you gone and done now? :sad:

4. The_Crapman

Stubbed my toes really badly. Twice. Hurt like a bugger when I did it but was having a bit of a bad time yesterday evening anyway so after a good cry on the floor I just sulked back to the sofa. Did it again this morning including a full klinsman to the floor, hurt like a sob but then it would wouldn't it. Probably masked by the ton of painkillers I'm on, didn't really kick off until I walked to the shop to get cat food, felt weird like there was a stone in my shoe. When I got back it was throbbing and has been since.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2020
  5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

#firstworldproblems

Rings arrived from clocks and colours and they rock, it’s extremely rare for me to instantly like something. Usually I’m on the fence and grow to like it enough over time to not return it.... I was already sceptical because the missus poo pooed it from the offset after I asked her to open them for me while I was at work, but unless it’s plastered with Ted Baker she ain’t interested so wasn’t fussed in all honesty. Was confident in the fit as I’d had a similar ring in the same size...

Problem is old fatty mcsausage fingers has chubbed out in the last year, granted I’ve gained a stone but Jesus has if hit my fingers!? I can get them on but unless I want an overnight amputation it’s not going to work. Dip **** here also opted for the pinky on these rings which means I’ve got no further finger for it to fall to...

gutted as I was sure this would fit fine, can’t order a size bigger in one ring because it’s sold out now... boo

6. The_Crapman

Rings aren't to difficult to be made bigger. Will take a half decent jeweler a couple of minutes at most.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Tell that to tungsten carbide :hehe:

8. adidan

Ouch!

Nowt wrong with a good roll around crying on the floor mate.

Must admit my OH ain't too impressed if I do it in a shop but it's helpful.

Jeez, you're more accident prone than me. All I did this week was crack my head on the same thing three times, in different places, you know just so my whole skull could experience it.

Put your feet up, buy a onesie, fill it full of bubble wrap and climb inside.

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You gotta hate that - there never seems to be any way to mitigate the pain and you just have to endure.

I vividly remember my right leg cramping up whilst in bed and I jumped out to try and stretch the muscle, landing perfectly on an upturned plug with my left foot. Instinct made me immediately shift my weight to my right leg, which was in no condition to meet the demands placed upon it, and I crashed to the floor - cracking my head against the corner of the chest of drawers for good measure.

I lay on the floor semi-dazed, smearing blood from my foot all over the carpet whilst thrashing around still trying to stretch my calf muscle to alleviate the cramp.

My wife initially thought I was having a fit, but was somewhat reassured that I wasn't by the copious cursing and swearing.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2020
  10. The_Crapman

Swearing helps. It definitely helps. That's why things hurt more when you're young and you don't know any good swear words.
    [​IMG]
    I'd say that's broken. :rollingeyes: I thought I'd spoiler it as i know some people really don't like feet. lol

David likes this.
  11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

um, no.
    children are basically indestructible. but you sleep half a degree wrong as a 30-something year old and your neck will hurt for the next week.

IanW likes this.
  12. The_Crapman

For clarification: things hurt more when you're young, more things hurt when you're old :hehe:

13. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

One of the database servers that I get to query was migrated to Azure over the weekend. All this week I've been having issues with my reloads failing or just taking forever (gone from ~10 mins to 1.5 hours in some cases). My boss has been back and forth with the company that supports our qlikview install asking them what the issue is. I've been saying its nothing to do with them and getting ignored. Today I was finally listened to and our internal IT was asked the question. We got the reply "I was afraid that could happen".
    Any chance of telling us?
    Proposed fix is to migrate us to Azure too. We just finished migrating to a new server about 3 weeks ago now we need to go again. Probably going to be next Thursday, so we have to put up with this **** for the next week.

14. David

Insomnia. Absolutely dog-tired but can't sleep.

I am truly and utterly pigged off

15. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

My dad passed away peacefully in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Don't really have any words but at least he is at peace now.

Love you dad.

Vault-Tec, Goatee, Isitari and 2 others like this.
  16. adidan

Ah crap, so sorry to hear.

17. David

Sorry to hear it, mate.

I know you've been through the wringer a fair bit recently and, while it might not have been entirely unexpected, it doesn't make the reality any less heart-breaking. My condolences.

I hope the end to his suffering is, at the very least, some small comfort.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2020
  18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Sorry to hear. My condolences @xaser04

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you will come out of it stronger. From what little one can derive from a random post on a random forum.

My condolences.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My sympathies go out to you.