1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chicken76, 13 Mar 2013.

1. oscy

oscy Modder

When I first entered my apartment, I went to the toilet expecting to find the 3 seashells and was not disappointed. Worth the £37.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

oscy likes this.
  3. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Picked it up tonight and played 4-5 hours. Performance took a bit of playing with but putting DLSS on performance grants me 65 ish FPS with it dropping in vehicles to around 45 fps. This is at 2560x1080 with a 2070 and 3900x.

The sound was glitchy at first but reducing the sample quality (i'm one of probably a small number of people nowadays with a dedicated sound card) and all was well.

At least this site has been sensible enough to offer intial thoughts. Steam is full of reviews, when I haven't even scratched the surface, that are trying to give a definitive point of view. I like it so far but some of the mechanics are going to take some figuring out and the map is hyper confusing with all sorts of things going on.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2020
  4. JosephRonson

JosephRonson What's a Dremel?

I bought a game in steam the other day, I go to play and understand that the game is still raw, the graphics honestly do not look like what is in the video .I understand that in the future with the release of new patches everything will change but I am confused by the fact that 8 years have passed since the game was announced.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'd say the graphics totally do, and I'm playing on Medium!

6. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Mine arrived yesterday, got to play some this morning.

I like it, and i'm enjoying the game - but wouldn't say it is leaps and bounds
    better than anything else that i've played. And the Char creation I thought was
    going to be MORE indepth.
    Am I missing something, I find it looks... nice... but nothing REALLY special?
    On a Ryzen5 3600 and 2070S... the game defaults everything to Ultra (Yes i'm only on 1080 res)
    I only turned off Motion Blur because that is awful. DLSS is set to Quality.
    I don't know my FPS - if there is an ingame counter or if I have to use an external prog like AB/RT
    but it FEELS nice, smooth and no juddering.

But its a fun play, not encountered any obvious bugs so far except for one full system shutdown.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You can set a FPS counter with Geforce Experience. I had the same issue.

Just a warning here. The latest driver for CBP breaks EVGA Precision X1. It was locking my GPU to 300mhz. I had this issue before with another 2080ti and that ended in a reinstall of Windows. Thankfully when removing X1 the clocks went back to normal. Now if I reinstall it it just crashes out when I try and launch it.

It's not a deal breaker as my card will happily boost to 2050 (which is the stock clock) and I'm not sure how much the extra 100mhz I can get would give me any way.

I played for around two hours last night. I'm really enjoying it. I couldn't do marathon sessions because I had to be up early today but yeah, really enjoying it so far. Only bug I think I have seen was my car was a foot off the ground. That said maybe it is supposed to hover? IDK.

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Have you enabled HDR? Makes a huge difference. The colours are the best I've seen. RDR2 and Forza look nice, but this is another level imo. I appreciate I am starting to sound like a member of a HDR master race, but it is true once you've seen it you can't go back.

I'm enjoying the story so far. Compelling stuff. I am really taking my time though, it won't be a 20 hour run for me.

Anyone else going pure stealth?

Last edited: 11 Dec 2020
  9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

unplayable on my spec, and im really tight for cash this month so refunded it.
    Ill get it again when i manage to get a 3080 FE

10. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Game broken

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  11. oscy

oscy Modder

Maybe if you guys stopped keeping up with hype, trailers, gameplay videos, podcasts, forums etc. you'd stop being disappointed with every AAA game or UTTERLY SHOCKED there might be bugs on release.

12. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

got the game but gonna wait on some bug fixes first. first time in a long time 90% of peeps on my friends list are all playing one game think the last time something like this happened was when portal 2 was released

13. oscy

oscy Modder

Been playing everything maxed on Ultra or Psycho at 1080p with my 980 TI and FPS seems fine. Apparently it's 30 FPS average with driving and walking around, sometimes goes to 24 but I'm not noticing.

14. sandys

sandys Multimodder

4k is a struggle on a 1080Ti, going to have to tweak some settings or just live with console like fps. 24-30.

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm surprised at that as I have basically the same spec and it runs flawlessly for me! What setting are you trying? I just set it to medium.

adidan likes this.
  16. oscy

oscy Modder

Can confirm game has titties.

[​IMG]

17. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

lol man boobs

18. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Does this game match the hype? Seems like a lot of disappointment going on on reddit so far...

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Oooh, interesting. I was thinking of holding off not only for early patches but after I upgraded my GPU but our specs are pretty much identical.

No idea when a GPU will be on the cards so I may be picking it up sooner rather than later, maybe by the time a new GPU comes along for me it'll be time for another play through with all the shiny shiny turned on.

20. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

My experience with it so far is pretty decent but I'm well aware it needs polish, especially around AI. As ever on the internet, the most polarised views seem to shout loudest. It feels like a very strong shell that still needs adding to and optimising.

adidan likes this.