1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ +1 Hacking-Skill required

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ivory2k19, 29 Sep 2019.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Spends extra time getting the paint perfect.
    Adds weathering effects. :lol:
    It's looking great, though.

The_Crapman and ivory2k19 like this.
  2. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

Thank you guys :rock:

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That's the kind of thing I'd be useless at, which is why I skip all the hard bits and throw bricks at the case :hehe:

This is very very cool.

ivory2k19 likes this.
  4. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

THX!! :thumb:
    At the moment I don't have time to proceed with the worklog. First, I have to finish it before the deadline is up. Then I will post all updates :D

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

Good evening bit-tech

It has been quiet here for a long time but the time to maintain all worklogs was not there, the project is finished because the deadline of the CMWS20 was January 31, only the worklog in the Cooler Master Forum was maintained because of the competition but that is not to say this one remains unfinished ...

Then let's start ... :rock:

Do you still remember the GTX 1650, right?
    Otherwise take a closer look at this in the previous post because now my version comes ...

Many know the fusion cores in the game to operate the power armor if not this is one:

[​IMG]

My GPU should pick up on this color theme a bit, as the GPU should also have a water block and there is no full block for such a card I decided to build a hybrid cooling solution.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see, a radial fan is used to direct the fresh air back through some pipes.

In addition, color and light should not be missing... :naughty:

[​IMG]

Since the VGA block is a bit older and is no longer produced, the frame didn't fit, but that wasn't a problem, it was simply designed so that it fits ... xD

[​IMG]

And so it looks almost finished now, some color accents are missing but they you can see later.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So now there are a little more photos and small details unfortunately my Galaxy S7 died and some photos are missing but with what are there it should be understandable.

As you can remember, a glass bottle is also used that has to be held by something that is this construction here.
    I designed it in AutoCAD, then printed it using 3D printing, sanded it, primed and then painted it red.

Unfortunately this is the photo of a first draft, the bottle sat so tightly inside that the holder tore so I was allowed to print a holder that then fit.

Well that can happen xD

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is also the first draft on the cover, a Bitspower multi-link fitting glued using a bulkhead nipple nut.Unfortunately, it turned out that everything would be too high for the inside of the terminals, so a 90 ° angle adapter was installed.

[​IMG]

At the lower end, the hole was sanded here a T adapter was then glued using 2-component epoxy glue.

[​IMG]

There is also some light so that you can see the orange water well and 4 LEDs are built into the ground and 1 LED that flickers you know the atomic fallout ... The LEDs also come from model making and are actually for model railways, they are supplied with 5V from the power supply.

Hmm, unfortunately I can't upload the video here, but you can also see it on my Instagram Acc, I link it here if that is not desired, please let me know...

To the flickering video of the bottle

The Vault-Tec logo also got its lighting, but without flickering that would have been a bit too much

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it was the turn of the keyboard, which shouldn't stay white but fit the overall concept.
    This effect was easy to create - you take some acrylic paint with a lot of water, mix it well and apply it with a brush, dab the rest with a cloth or piece of paper and the dirty look of the keyboard is done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The switches are sponsored by Cherry and on their Youtube channel they have a video series on how to build a custom keyboard yourself and from that I have the configuration tool that the keyboard works properly afterwards.

[​IMG]

The front of the terminal has a leather-like texture like in the game, but I'm very happy with my result.
    Prepare everything first, then draw where the frame of the screen is, then you can begin.

[​IMG]

Using a sponge and one component putty, I dabbed a nice texture on the front of the terminal, when everything was textured it was time for the first coat of paint.

[​IMG]

I'm very satisfied with the result.

[​IMG]

That was finally the last step at the terminal itself, now it was time to assemble the inside.
    As you can see on the fans are a bit rusted and have been adapted as well as the two radiators, you can't see that later but I know it's there ... xD
    In red the hinges for attaching the front with yellow painted cap nuts.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now it comes to the hardware, a Intel Core I5-8400 that sits on an ASUS ROG STRIX B-360 I-GAMING is cooled with an Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora.
    The design is the pump / block combination to which you can connect your custom loop, for the connection of the waterloop I decided to use the hard tubes because they take up less space and are rigid and cannot kink.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You can see here for the first time how tight it all gets in the end ... xD

[​IMG]

The whole thing is fired up with a Cooler Master V750 Gold V2, since it was built for the CMWS20, a Cooler Master product must be visibly installed.

[​IMG]

Now there was only the function test in front of me and the last photo shoot, but I'll show you the pictures tomorrow ...

Good evening and see you tomorrow ... :hip:

6. kim

kim hardware addict

That hybrid GPU cooler is... :wallbash:, I took some time to watch the whole thread from the start a second time, and honestly, this is what can be called an epic build :jawdrop:

ivory2k19 and pccustom like this.
  7. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

@kim Thx buddy it was a long way but it was fun to build it... :dremel:

All the bends are done, all the lights are installed and tested and I had a lot of trouble putting it in to the Terminal but now i am excited to show you the final results ...

This are the final pics of my Projekt: +1 Hacking-Skill required

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specs:

Board: ASUS ROG STRIX B-360 I-GAMING

CPU: Intel Core I5-8400

GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 1650 Pegasus OC 4GB GDDR6

SSD: Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000 16 GB

PSU: Cooler Master V750 Gold V2 , 80 Plus Gold

Cooling:

Block/Pump/: Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora

Reservoir: Custom made glass bottle.

Radiator: 2x EK-Coolstream PE 240

GPU-Block: EK-VGA Supremacy

Fan: 4x Noctua Chromax Low profile

Keyboard:

DZ60 custom made with Cherry Mx blue switches.

Mouse:

USB-Touchpad

Screen:

SUNFOUNDER 10.1’’ IPS Monitor

Everything is inside and works like a real PC. You can play games like Fallout with it or hack it like a real terminal, but only with Windows as the operating system... xD

The specs are not the same as other mods or the best gaming rigs, I understand, but this is all about the terminal itself and manufacturing, the hardware is secondary here.

Thank you for for taking the time to read my work log, i wish you a nice weekend. :clap:

8. kim

kim hardware addict

OOHH MY ...:jawdrop: I'v said a lot already, but the last set of pictures just through me back to my chair speechless :duh:

ivory2k19 likes this.
  9. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

The whole case is amazing but the cola-reservoir must have a special mention :grin:

ivory2k19 likes this.
  10. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

Thank you guys!!! :rock:

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Beautiful. :D

ivory2k19 likes this.
  12. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

I like it, It must be super compact too and that is a plus for me, if you were able to post it means that you haven't been attacked by fire ants :grin:.

ivory2k19 likes this.
  13. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

Thanks!!! :clap:

The voting of the CMWS is now online and if you think the project is good, I would be happy about your vote ... :rock:

To the voting

@ Admin if the spam or not wanted please delete thanks!

Wish you a nice evening