1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Blimey, wasn't expecting you to look at this until Monday! Appreciated!

I've had another go, and while I can add text, unfortunately it seems that I can't add more hyperlinks. Maybe I've reached the maximum allowed for one post?

Anyway, please don't worry about this until you're back in and dealt with the important stuff first.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty sure I set it to a silly high limit but reading your post you may have topped it. I'll take a look monday. bit-tech and it's community is "important stuff"

Pete J likes this.
  3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Am I the only bugged by the fact they're all pointing a the wall?!

Pete J likes this.
  4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Don't start :hehe:. In retrospect, I wish I'd bought the small shelves I have for the other ones but the Harley may not have fitted well as the handlebars are actually quite wide. I wanted to show off the chain side and they're on the right side of an entryway.

You know what, tonight I'll put them the other way round and see how it looks...

MadGinga likes this.
  5. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

In Lego news, I finished my Mack Anthem t'other day and have just started on the Chiron. It's certainly keeping me quiet for a bit. I also found a little dune buggy set I built ages back fits in the container on the Anthem, so that's fun.

Pete J and MadGinga like this.
  6. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Pictures?

Here is my 4x4 from last year.

Pete J likes this.
  7. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Yes they would help - I'll upload some when I'm off my work computer :thumb:

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

@MadGinga I tried them the other way and it just didn't look right. However, I've made them point a bit less at the wall and it looks much better. Now stop messing with my OCD! :hehe:

9. MadGinga

Photos?

oh, and i'll stop messing with your OCD when you making me jealous with your Lego budget! :p

IanW and Pete J like this.
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Hey Pete, where do you go to buy replacement parts from? I was having a sort out of all my old technic sets and there's a few I want to sell. Started building them to make sure the sets are complete but being as many of them are getting on 20 years old I'm short a few parts.

11. MadGinga

www.bricklink.com is the go-to place for AFOLs to find parts, and has worked for me.
    www.brickowl.com is also supposed to be good, but i've never tried it...

IanW and Pete J like this.
  12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

holy **** that site is confusing

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Here's what I'd do:

Step 1: set up an account at Bricklink

Step 2: go to Rebrickable and search for your set that you want to buy parts for. Go the the 'Inventory' tab and add them to a new wish list on Bricklink via the handy button.

Step 3: go back to Bricklink and edit the wish list as you see fit (or add the missing parts to a new wish list).

Step 4: hit the 'buy all' button and buy from the UK, autoselecting the retailers (I imagine getting parts over from Europe will have quite a delay for at least a couple of months - other places are an option but be prepared to pay import tax.

Step 5: ??????

Step 6: profit.

Edit ninja'd by MG.

Byron C and IanW like this.
  14. MadGinga

Yes. Yes it is. But then the ridiculously large number of possible permutations of colour and part within the Lego ecosystem kinda dictates it!

EDIT: if you want/need some more in-depth/specific help, feel free to drop me a PM :)

I'd just search for the set number on Bricklink, view the parts list, find the part(s) you need, add to a wishlist and then step 4 from @Pete J's process!

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

holy **** rebrickable is expensive.

yeah im doing that, incoming.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2021
  16. MadGinga

FTFY!

replied to your PM hope it helps!

Pete J likes this.
  17. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Added some lights to my Sons police car

[​IMG]

MadGinga and Pete J like this.
  18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update time!

First off, the A-Wing is complete!

[​IMG]

A great little model. There are a couple of relatively tricky points, but once put together, is actually quite durable.

I've also taken delivery of an instruction manual for the E11 Stormtrooper Blaster:

[​IMG]

The designer, Daryl Ng, does a reprint of these every now and again (no digital version) - I believe it's on the order of ~70 a year. A lovely manual, and I've had a couple of nice emails to and fro with Daryl chatting about about Lego. I'll get around to ordering the parts probably in a couple of months or more - a couple of parts are only available from overseas.

I've also bought instructions for this:

[​IMG]

This'll do nicely for the eventual Avengers diorama! I now have a pretty large amount of spare parts, particularly from the UCS Hulkbuster, so at some point I'll do a stock check and see how many extra parts (if at all) I need to order - I'll tie this in with ordering parts for the E11.

Also, just for @MadGinga , the 'slightly rearranged' bikes:

[​IMG]

It's mostly a different camera angle!

Righto, I'm still playing through Mass Effect Andromeda and playing coop games, so Lego progress has slowed, but the current plan is:

1) Finish Y-Wing.
    2) Finish X-Wing.
    3) Stock check and order parts for Banner hulkbuster and Ell rifle.
    4) Finish Mustang (assuming the chrome parts for the engine arrive in a sensible timescale) - after all, the model has been sat there for several months!

Beyond that, well, plenty others to do!

@MLyons Hey chap, I'm still unable to add extra hyperlinks to the first post. Did you manage to find out if it's a hard limit? In retrospect, I wish I'd reserved a couple of posts after it!

MadGinga, IanW and LennyRhys like this.
  19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's actually much funnier. The error is "Please enter a message with no more than 20000 characters." So I don't think it's the links that are doing it

Pete J likes this.
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Aha! Thanks for finding that out. I can work with that.