1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

A distant cousin of our own Dogemeister, Herr Lyons perhaps?

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@liratheal 's resting bitch face is worse than mine

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have had people cross the street before now.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

23 days annual leave to use before the end of march

work ****ing loves me so much they told me this morning to take next week off. :grin:

Pete J likes this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

A weapon. Weight - IDK, but way less than 20lb :D

[​IMG]

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

yuusou and ElThomsono like this.
  7. liratheal

I'm not sure how to take some of these suggestions..

However, I did my taxes this morning, so. I don't have to think about that until someone asks me questions.

adidan likes this.
  8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

My keebs arrived! Really really nice! Thanks for the "suggestion" @Gareth Halfacree
    [​IMG]

9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Haha, I kept looking at it myself. Having used a 60% before, I know they're not for me, but man they're pretty.

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The only thing I would've liked differently would be the del key on the last column, other than that it's a very pleasant keeb.

Edit: this also means I can use my screen again, move my work laptop out of the way (as you can see up top) and have way more space on my desk.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2021
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Made chicken katsu curry earlier.

It was awesome. Kitchen was a big mess though.

yodasarmpit and Arboreal like this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

NIIIICE! My daughter makes a mean katsu curry sauce, but we put it on pre breaded chicken as DIY made it a very time consuming event - 1st time, we at at 10pm!

Also good food here this weekend. SWMBO made pulled pork shoulder tonight having marinated it for 48+ hours, pretty good...BUT

Friday's Beef Rendang Curry was spectacular, really dark, rich and satisfying.

Thought I'd wheel out something for lockdown dabbling and have resurrected my Raspberry Pi 1B which booted the new OS fine, but no output on HDMI.
    Where the f* am I going to find something with composite input?

One trip to the attic for a cable and a venture into my son's room, (away at university), later we have video output.

Took it back to the office, and we have a Lazarus Pi! Glorious 1080 via HDMI.

Anyone in the Home Assistant rabbit hole?

The drone forum I'm on has a thread for HA and there's a lot going on there on Pis and all sorts.

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Rendang is one of mankind's crowning achievements.

Arboreal likes this.
  14. liratheal

So, I had some expired casting rubber, and some expired Xencast PX90. Expired in the sense that both say their shelf life is 6 months after opening and both have been open and sat in storage for over two years at this point.

the PX90 has gone a dark brown, which for most instances is probably a deal breaker. But I'm making a black jacket with grey stitching and collar/cuff accents - The In game model is brown with tan and black accents, and this item is black. So.. A very dark brown one doesn't seem like a bad trade off - Especially as it means not spending 60€ on some polyurethane that I only need for one item.

So I tried both. The mold rubber worked as expected, although I went heavy on the catalyst to be sure, and the PX90 is glorious in its "gone off brown" colour, and when it's covered in wires and the silicone tubes to the collar, I reckon it'll blend in wonderfully.

What a way to start a Monday.

Edit: Added some carbon fibre sheet because I had some lying around, and that looks pretty cool too. Also retains about the same amount of flex.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2021
  15. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[​IMG]

Yes that is my current name, Don will become Donna in due time

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Today has been productive, many phone calls made, lots of stuff done so feeling good! Ticked a great load of ‘to dos’ off the list just in time for the missus to fill it back up

Had a great laugh earlier, bought a pair of headphones from eBay early Jan. they didn’t sound right the minute I got them as if the EQ was all garbled on one side it was on its way out for sure.

after a day i asked for a return in frustration, the seller initially refused saying he believes I damaged the item or it was a case of buyers remorse. He demanded I send back the item outside of the returns process so he can test and verify before making any refund decision. I clearly refused that option. After a much heated debate we hit a stale mate late afternoon and we agreed to disagree, I was happy to let eBay step in once the window had closed, I told him I knew my rights and had issued enough eBay returns and refunds to know the route this would take

must have got into his head because not only did he accept the return but quite quickly after provided me the refund...

It’s been processing for a few days but got a notification today saying the refund should reach my bank soon... this revealed a comment the seller had left when initiating the refund...

“Please send back the item, if I find it to be damaged I will be seeking legal advice”

lol. Really? Jeeeez.. seems to have escalated quickly

17. liratheal

Lunch break well spent;

[​IMG]

Used a projector to get reference points in place, then went at it with some leather paint. I think it might be a little big, but.. Eh. I'm okay with it.

18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Coming back to this, I have had another Teams call with the company and several emails back and forth. The first possible solution to hiring me involved me going self-employed and full-time working for them. Unfortunately, the German laws regarding what is called "ostensible self-employment" are pretty strict and since I'd earn a fixed sum per month, I'd definitely fall into that bracket. Since they really seem to be interested in hiring me, they'll actually set up a company in Germany to employ me.

Feels damn good to be wanted enough for them to start a company just to hire me. The job itself also sounds interesting, challenging, and rewarding. And, to top it off, my first project with them would be a software rollout in a company 100% owned by my current company. Project manager will be one of my current colleagues, led by my current manager. I'll just sit on the other side and won't stop grinning.

IanW, Pete J, adidan and 3 others like this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Spent the last 8 days thinking I had lost my phone :(

Got home only to find it here on the sofa. Let's shark !!!!

Byron C likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

goldstar0011, Arboreal and Vault-Tec like this.