1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Did you use Focus? There's a fair bit of dancing, but once you've built up Focus you can tear through a group of enemies like tissue paper.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Maybe I should give it a second chance.... I really enjoyed the art and sound direction and the overall atmosphere.

3. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Hellblade is well worth carrying on with. Technically it's got a dynamic difficulty setting, so it's meant to get easier if you keep dying, or harder if you breeze through everything. I finished Hellblade on Game Pass, and then immediately bought a copy. It's one of the most memorable games I've ever played, and would probably have overlooked it if not for being on GP.

Control I've now reached the point of combat fatigue. Luckily discovering the 1 shot kill toggle in settings releived the monotony and grinding, so I can at least continue with the story.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Thanks for the additional motivational message. And what about that 1 shot kill toggle? Might make Control a lot more fun...

5. VictorianBloke

Enable 'Assist Mode' under gameplay settings.
    After multiple popups about how the game is meant to be a challenge, you get a load of new options including 1 shot kills, invincibility, and sliders for damage reduction, and weapon/power recharge timers.

perplekks45 likes this.
  6. VictorianBloke

Just finished Control.

I enjoyed the story and lore, but found the combat pretty dull by the half way point. If not for the assist toggles I don't think I'd have carried on.

As far as XBone performance, I got slowdown and stutter without fail when opening and closing menus, but only had slowdown twice in combat outside of menus. Both times were after playing for an hour. Normally I only get chance to play for 30-45 min at a time, and saw no issues in those shorter sessions.

No CTDs, but the game hard locked completely once, though I've had that in other games and am pretty sure it's linked to using quick resume rather than being an issue with Control.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  7. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

Red dead 2. I started it on PS4 but wanted the best experience so bought an Xbox one X and played it about half way through. I got busy with other stuff so gave up on it for a while and by the time I was ready to get back to it it was released on PC. I downloaded a save game file which was very close to the point I left it and finished the campaign on PC.
    I much preferred the PC experience it was like playing a movie IMHO.

8. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Alien Isolation on 'Hard' for the second time. Fantastic game.

9. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch), main objective only. A fun little game good for children, which is good as it was given to my youngest for Christmas. My boys are currently obsessed with it resulting in several drawings and a a few Lego Pickmin and even an onion.

[Edit]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jan 2021
  10. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Congrats! I’m working my way through it. Still enjoying the combat, I’m probably not that far in though :) I’m like the added dimension of air travel, it’s livened things up a bit

11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

superhot VR, love the superhot games but vr is even better

12. TechBuggy

TechBuggy What's a Dremel?

Just finished FFVII Remake last month, all I can say is Square Enix did a well-done job with this game.

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Gears of War 5

[​IMG]

Fourth playthrough of the main campaign in co-op. Even managed to get around the glitch at the end of Act III that would ordinarily make it impossible to complete outside of single player. Also had friendly fire, active reloads only and confetti head explosions modifiers on.

And Dave Bautista as Marcus Fenix is all kinds of right.

14. keef247

keef247 Modder

Mafia 1 Remake, Spiderman, TLOU2 (twice lol), Doom Eternal, Until Dawn

Spanky likes this.
  15. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Finished Mafia 1 re-make yesterday. Was too short!! Great game really enjoyed it.... plus the sound bugs.

keef247 likes this.
  16. keef247

keef247 Modder

Yeah same! I'd never gotten round to the original version but knew about it but had luckily forgot must of it and loved it, shame about the length but it's correct to the original I found out so that's fair enough I think. Love 2 espescially when it came out, tried playing it again as I'd bought the trilogy on ps4 and was soon bored but I have done it 2/3 times on the PS3 agesssss ago haha!

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Resident Evil 2 Remake. Pretty good. Did both playthroughs but I doubt I will play again. Original was better.

Almost finished RE3 Nemesis. But honestly it just made me want to play the original. So I rummaged into a HD and found my ripped PSX image and the emulator and I've been playing that instead.

The remakes aren't bad. Pretty decent, and worth a pop. But the originals are still superior. I know the graphics would put off anyone born after 2000, but the levels are better, the puzzles are better and the "feel" is better. Even the janky controls help make it feel scary. The remakes are pretty but they sacrifices much of the levels and much of the soul of the games from the 90's.

18. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Prey (2017) for the 2nd time yesterday.
    Amazing game.

Pete J likes this.
  19. VictorianBloke

The Medium. I enjoyed it, despite some negative reviews. Pacing isn't brilliant (the hedge maze) and there's nothing complicated or difficult in it, but if you enjoy a walking SIM with a few simple puzzles, and a mild horror atmosphere its worth a play. (Especially if you take up the current game pass ultimate offer of £1 for 3 months)

The only thing I really didn't like, is the choice to write everything in English. All the diaries, posters, signs, literally everything. I didn't spot a word in Polish at all. The mechanism is built in to "read" anything you see, which is the perfect vehicle to translate in game assets.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sounds right up my alley - ta!

EDIT:
    Boo-urns, it's only on Windows and not Xbone.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2021