1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

OK, so now I am seeing that I REALLY need to dip the old toes into 3D printing..... I got a couple of small figures from Etsy that had been resin printed and I am impressed, some VERY delicate parts that need a little fettling, but other than that, very impressed with the detail. The stuff I am seeing in here looks amazing too, as has been said, I have had FW stuff that hasn't looked as good. In fact, I have had regular GW stuff that hasn't looked as good.

In other news, I am still working on this fella. Going with a full painted version of the skin instead of my usual white plus two washes method.

[​IMG]

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2438816 Use to you ? fully articulated Mars Toes ?

Pete J and 13eightyfour like this.
  3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I never even thought to see if there was already a version out there:duh: That'll save me a decent chunk of time thanks :thumb::thumb:, my modelling skills are basic at best!

4. Almightyrastus

So this thread got me all looking at 3D printed bits and pieces and lacking the ability to do it myself, I ended up wandering around Etsy and saw this chunk o fun:

[​IMG]

So I thought why not? Specced it as the 54mm version for a couple of quid extra (still only £8) as i am never going to use it as a gaming piece and just fancied sommat a bit extra to paint. Well, it arrived and I have to say that I am impressed:

[​IMG]

(sorry for the potato quality pic, still can't get a decent close up picture out of the S20 Ultra for some odd reason - 4 pissing cameras on the back, and I still get this... Looks fine on the phone screen before I take the pic)

Fits perfectly on a GW dread base and everything seems to have come out really clean and sharp, bit of a pin-up look to the proportions (oh gods, does she have a booty....), and now I just need to clean a couple of bits and get a basecoat on there that will let me see if there are any other parts that need tweaking a bit.

I really think I need too sell off a couple of armies and buy a 3D printer, very much moving to painting up single figures now rather than an army that I will never use.

5. Almightyrastus

Bit of progress:

[​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC, MadGinga and Pete J like this.
  6. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Big Titan go BUZZZZZZ

Also Blurry old potato camera phone pic is blurry

MadGinga and Almightyrastus like this.
  7. lilgoth89

also this is starting to feel like a bad idea
    [​IMG]

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

[ZiiP] NaloaC, liratheal and MadGinga like this.
  9. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

I Canne fit any more Captain, i dont have the POWER!!!

Almightyrastus, Pete J and liratheal like this.
  10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ahh, nesting. The bane of any 3D printing boffin.

11. lilgoth89

yeah, when i was putting more stuff on, i kept hearing the Tetris theme tune in my head

Also much like installed Noctua's all over my Ender3, im planning on replacing the 80x10 fan in the Elegoo Mars, with a Noctua 80mm because BY FUDGE the 80mm fan is loud
    but the great thing, is i can use the printers, to print upgrades for each other, so the Mars printed out an upgraded Parts cooling duct and filament guide roller, the Ender3 can print out some feet Risers for the Mars
    [​IMG]

Decided to put all the Reaver files into one file, and you dont realise just how many parts there are in one of these thing ( not to mention all the modifications to the parts ive made for magnet holes and such

Last edited: 8 Feb 2021
    Cerberus90, Pete J and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  12. Almightyrastus

Nice layout on that print tray. My first thought was that it looks like your printer should go "ping" when its done and time to take it out :hehe:

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, the reaver is a lot of parts, and a lot of them in increasingly fiddly positions as the build continues! The hip area pistons spring to mind..

14. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Can i give you a hand with that ?

also
    [​IMG]
    Advanced Humour

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Advanced humour aside, these prints are really good. You've definitely developed a knack for getting models into the real world looking how they're meant to.

16. Almightyrastus

Oh that's nice. Are you going to be adding in pivot pins or just static gluing it?

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

New Kill Team boxed set is scheduled for pre-order on February 27th.
    I've been salivating over those Heavy Intercessors for too damn long. Cost be damned, it will be mine.

18. lilgoth89

ive added in a bunch of magnet holes so i can swap some of the pieces around, most likely i'll have the fingers as static glued, as its abit too small to be adding pivot points to the fingers

spent the day adding the Magnets into the arms and started on assembly, mostly just the lower legs atm, i'll likely leave as much of the fiddly bits off as i can to aid painting

EDIT couldnt help myself
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mixed bag of results, Reaver ones legs came together well, and this is the one pictured, but Reaver 2 had all kinds of problems, first the glue refused to set ( gorilla super glue not setting after 5 hours... i think a little IPA or unwashed resin spoiled it. however worse happened as i removed the supports thinking i had a glued model, and it fell, rolled off the table and hit the floor, shearing the part in two, already likely needing to replace the foot and the lower joint due to the uncured glue, im not TO upset about it, but its still another part i have to re-print.
    also the Titan Fist is unique among weapons as it doesnt use the 'arm' part of the titan, and is desined to be glued direct to the shoulders, however the model doesnt allow for this with the magnet holes i made, so in all likelyhood im going to have to re-design that part to sit better ( i can attach it to the arm, but it looks daft as the chainsaw almost touches the floor ) so 2 more resin parts may get chucked and a pair of 15x2 magnets with them *grumble grumble*

Also i MIGHT have lined up my next project after the Reaver Twins...
    [​IMG]

Can you tell what it is yet ? ( the parts are all clipping through each other as i haven't arraigned them yet, but id be interesting to see if anyone can guess it

Last edited: 17 Feb 2021
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

@lilgoth89 I'm guessing the new Warmaster Titan? The part in the middle looks like the 'loincloth'.

20. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

The large cog type thing on the back makes me think maybe the warbringer nemesis and that would be for adjusting the quake cannon?