1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard resurrects Diablo II on PCs and consoles this year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 22 Feb 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I played Diablo 2 and the Lord of Destruction expak for years. There used to be websites with communities set up around trading items. Me and a friend used to run the Ubers to get Torches I think they called them? Unique gold items that you could only hold one of on a character. We'd run the hardest content and then sell them on a site for a made up currency, and use that currency to buy things we needed like runes to make super rare equipment.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Nicer graphics is always nice. But for me? I dunno if graphics are enough to get sucked back in. Still..it has gotta be better than Diablo 3, so that's something.

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  3. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Shared stash finally :thumb:

Graphics and sound upgrade :thumb:

Characters no longer expire if not logged in for 30 days :thumb:

Cant wait to play this again...if the updated stuff does not appeal, then players will be able to switch back to the original sound and graphics for nostalgia :happy:

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm still playing Diablo 2, albeit in form of mods by now. Currently I really enjoy my time with Project Diablo 2.

It just feels good to see the still thriving community efforts being acknowledged, both with releasing a remaster and with taking onboard a few of the numerous QoL improvements mods have brought to Diablo 2 over the years.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Coming soon form ActiBlizzard, the company responsible for "Do you guys not have phones", WC3 Reforged and the microtransactions in the CTR remake...

So best to avoid any hype until like a month or two after it is actually out to see if they pull any of that shite with this one.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Generally correct, but factually not. The game's actually made by Vicarious Visions, who were just bought by Blizzard. Blizzard Team 1, responsible for the WC3 disaster, are no more.

Also, there's more to the "don't you all have smartphones?" story. I'm not saying it wasn't awful and arrogant, but the whole show was a mess due to behind the scenes... things.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Want, but dubious after the clusterbomb mess that Warcraft 3: Reforged was.

ActiBlizz has a lot of making up to do.

Tags: Add Tags