1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Pleased that you could be there, guess it'll be a while before you stop thinking you see him out of the corner of your eye.

Hope you and the kids are ok.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I still see glimpses of all my past pets, a shoe here or a sofa cushion there fool the mind just for a split second.

Condolences G, I had to go through the same a few years back with our ginger twin brothers, after 19 years of service they both ran out of steam at roughly the same time. Still talk about them with the family many times a week.

The_Crapman and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Sad times Gareth - sounds like it was as pleasant an experience as it could have been though. It's always heartbreaking :(

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  4. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

android studio, learning firebase and github :( (im dyslexic, learning programming concepts sucks for me)

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's always DNS.

It's not ruining yet, but DNS update issues on a customer site suggests that it's going to. 'Cause it's always DNS.

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

As my life has crumbled and I'm living in a level of dull misery and self pitty, lives around me are falling apart, I want to help but I need help.
    My anxiety is holding me from opening up fully and I don't know how to help others.

And now Download festival is cancelled, was hoping to see SOAD finally!

FML

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Barely got a wink of sleep last night and I've been in a stupefied daze practically most of today as a result.

The reason? The Covid jab. Whilst sitting up and walking around, everything feels fine but I sleep on my left side and any pressure at all on my upper arm is incredibly uncomfortable. I've heard others say their arm hurts after the vaccination, but this is bloody ridiculous.

Doing my best to not be a crabby miserable barsteward* to my family, but lack of sleep is making it difficult.

*Well, more so than is normal for me

LennyRhys likes this.
  8. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

When did you get pricked? Was it the Pfizer one?

My wife had the Az one on Saturday evening and felt rough overnight on sat into sun and only really felt better mid day today (24-30 hours later).

9. David

Pfizer vac, yesterday afternoon.

I haven't experienced any side effects beyond the arm thing, and only then when I lie on it or apply pressure of any kind. I know it'll probably be gone in a day or so but it's really frustrating at the moment.

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Sounds like you need a lolly for being a big brave boy Dave*

* I fully expect a response starting with 't', ending in 't' with a 'w' and an 'a' thrown in for good measure

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Totally anecdotally based on less than 10 respondents to my completely unscientific survey, it seems Pfizer give you arm pain, AZ gives you 24 hours of flu symptoms.

So far none has grown an extra head or developed autism / super powers.

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

In situations like that I tend to fare better propped up on the sofa or whatnot, I find knowing that your dreadful night isn't disturbing anyone else helps, too.

Mind you, I'd also prescribe myself whisky to help with nodding off.

13. David

I've just realised I didn't get a lolly. You made it worse, Dan.

T w a t

The_Crapman, IanW and adidan like this.
  14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

5 minutes until my interview, at any given second I feel I may **** my pants

adidan likes this.
  15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Too late now but go and have or try and have a dump, play candy crush whilst enjoying the peace of the bog.

Either way, good luck, hope it was enjoyable / enlightening.
    You'll either get it or you won't, if you do great mines a pint, if you don't the world will still turn, but if you don't then remember to ask why / what could you have improved for the next time.

IanW likes this.
  16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

My Mum's health is not in a good place right now. Ever since my Dad passed away at the end of November last year she has been struggling (perfectly understandable of course), but it looks like a number of underlying issues have now flared back up big time. She has an abscess under two of her teeth which was due to be treated (albeit with major complications due to severe Osteoporosis) but that got paused due to what happened to my dad. In addition she needs both feet re-pinned as the existing Titanium pins are bent and causing excess strain on her ankles and legs (again severe Osteoporosis plays a major role here).

Now waiting to hear back from her GP as the concern is that, left untreated the abscess could track into her blood stream causing sepsis.

On top of all of this she is severely allergic to the drugs used in anaesthesia (which has led to 3 severe strokes in the past) which creates extra complications from a treatment point of view (there was a detailed plan surrounding how it was all going to get treated prior to my dad becoming ill in May last year but obviously this got put on the back burner). It also led to a difficult conversation when taking her to the Dentist this morning around the likelihood of her not coming round from the op...

Yeah, not a good day it must be said.

I am looking forward to another night (morning?) of exhausting myself in the hope of getting some form of sleep.

17. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

We are selling our house at the moment, waiting on "that call" from the solicitor to let us know when an offer comes in. It's very frustrating when you get a viewer who is super keen, comes back with tradesperson for a second viewing, indicating that solicitor will be in touch etc., and afterwards nothing happens. To top it off, the property we were holding out for has just sold, so that was a big blow too.

It's not exactly ruining our lives, not by a long stretch, but selling to buy (on a restrictive budget) is a really draining experience. Hopefully we sell soon, because that IMO is the biggest hurdle - not being able to make an offer on any property.

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Pot hole last Thursday is going to cost me a bit...

2 x Alloys = £224.99
    Recovery from home = £50
    Courtesy Car 7 days = £70

3 x Tyres (one low tread) = £?
    Labour = £?

*sigh*

19. David

But you just got a new job, so crapping on you from a great height is how the universe maintains balance.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Bill the council. Potholes are their responsibility.

liratheal, Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.