1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Got home was burning up. Figured it was the long walk back along the beach. Took off all clothes except boxer shorts and opened the windows.

Figured I was just excited. Took sleep pills went bed 10pm fell asleep quick.

Woke up midnight burning up. However, was freezing so I was shaking uncontrollably and my teeth were clacking. Managed to get back to sleep.

Woke up 3am head pounding so hard that my heart beat was rushing in my head and ears. Tried to get up but couldn't. Laid there for about 30 then had to get to the kitchen to drink. Guzzled down two pints of water. Crawled to the sofa and took paracetamol then sat there feeling like death warmed up til 9am.

Went back to bed slept most of the day on towels because I was pouring with sweat. Mild fever my ass. That night I could'nt even move my arms enough to game, so tree streamed it to me so I could watch. I lasted about 30 mins before going back to bed.

Yesterday I felt better yet weak and hot af. Lasted about two games in pubg then waved the white flag and went to bed.

The moral of this story? Take paracetamol as soon as you get home and stay on it for 48 hours at least. It may at least help alleviate the night from hell if you get a very strong immune response like a lot of people I've spoken to.

My cousin Aimee said she felt worse than when she gave birth.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I had the AZ jab too and the only last effect was a pretty heavy bruise deep inside the muscles of my upper left arm. I had the jab early on a Wednesday morning at about 9am and felt fine until about 10pm where I started to get a bit of a headache and flu type tiredness with a load of joint aching. Woke up in the morning feeling all sorts of grotty, weak, cold sweats, and so on, but by lunchtime I was almost back to normal with just a heavy bruised arm to show for it. My wife had the Pfizer one a week before and had a nasty headache for a few days after, but again nothing too crazy.

I am not looking forward to the second dose as I am thinking that there will be a good chance of a stronger reaction, given that some immunity will already be present from the first. Got that coming up on the 13th of May so a wee while to go yet.

3. Vault-Tec

At the time I figured I had never felt worse. I would imagine that is because flu and etc slowly creeps up on you, where as this is like flu in three hours flat.

Feel pretty good today, but still very weak and hot. Had to go up the stairs and back to find my charger mum had moved, and I was then done for 30 mins and had to lie down.

They say that the harder you react the better. Means a strong immune response. As you say though, it doesn't exactly fill me with joy that the second jab is apparently worse. Still, no pain no gain. Just booked my holiday and a SKA gig (happening where I am going) with Bad Manners and etc. So there's that to keep me going whilst I feel like hot garbage.

And talking of which. All I had was co codamol. And because I had to dose up for two days it has caused terrible constipation. This morning I did a manhole cover so large I nearly burst into tears. I've been using lemsip since. Got all the para without the constipation. Also has vitamins and makes me feel far less achy.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I was on my usual daily dose of 500mg Naproxen (take it for chronic back pain) which is a pretty hefty anti-inflammatory so that may have mitigated things slightly. Took a couple of paracetamol for the headache, but had to force some breakfast down. Was mostly OK by lunch though. Both of my parents had the AZ vaccine as well and didn't say anything about bad reactions. It will be interesting to hear what happens with my sister as she caught it pretty early on, she should be coming up for hers soon although she isn't in any particular risk groups so it may be a little while yet.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I would have thought it possible that if your body gears up with a good reaction to the first then it'll be ready for the second and so not so bad.

Or it'll be shorter lived. Or it could be the same.

Difficult to say. My OH is due hers at the end of the month so I can let you know, she had a bad couple of days with the first.

6. Vault-Tec

From the sound of it I got everything the second dose does. So it can't possibly be worse, given it's the same thing. They say that those who don't have much of a reaction to the first will certainly get it on the second.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-02-2nd-dose-covid-vaccine-worse.html

Poland, 65, said he suffered five hours of shaking chills, fever up to 101 degrees, severe headache, nausea, ringing in his ears and a sore arm after getting his booster dose of the Moderna vaccine.

Everything I had posted before I even looked it up. So I guess there's that, it can't possibly be any worse lmao.

As I say though, warning to all, get on the paras ASAP. I'm kinda pissed they didn't give me that advice at the doc's. I'm also glad I didn't ride my BMX like I had planned, because I would probably not be sitting here typing this now :D

7. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

One of my wifes PHd supervisors was saying that her husband, who is a doctor, noticed that people who have had covid get a worse reaction on the first dose and those who have not had covid get a worse reaction on the second dose. This is of course purely anecdotal so take with a pinch of salt.

8. Vault-Tec

Well I am still quite sure that I had it last January. So that may well make some sense tbh.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Was talking about this in the lab today, about half of 'em have been jabbed and none have had a bad reaction

Excellent, so you're guaranteeing a few free days off work for me then :rock:

10. Vault-Tec

Yeah my email to one of my housing officers scared the life out of her. She said she's bound to get it on her second dose.

You may get days off work, but be warned it won't be any fun. It's literally HAVE ALL THE COVID AT ONCE.

I'm pretty adamant I had it last Jan. I felt dry (nose and mouth) for a few days and lost all taste and smell. Now normally you would think that for an ex smoker that wouldn't be so strange right? well when you are autistic it's quite possibly the strangest I have ever felt in my life. This is from the guy who used to gag and heave cleaning out the ash trays, and puke if I smoked too much. In fact I spent a large portion of my childhood gagging and heaving if a dog took a s**t within 50ft of me.

Then I felt fantastic for two days. Bonus right? nah, wave 2 put me in bed for 3 days. And to iterate how amazing that is for me? I go to bed. If I can't sleep I get back up. When I awake? I am out of bed within a minute and don't go back. Quite possibly from being ran over as a 7 year old and then strapped to a bed for three months (traction).

Seriously get on the vitamins and para from the get go. Maybe then you will get a modicum of enjoyment sitting around doing nothing :D

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Another bloomin' client whinging about the Brexit ruining their business, [snip] (may be to identifying) no it's all Brexit's fault they sat around with their thumbs up their arses and did nothing. Le sigh.

I've got co-co, codine, paracetamol, ibuprofen, rum, beer and bourbon in the house at all times, if a germ can exist in my blood then good luck to it.

12. Vault-Tec

Sorted lol. One thing it has done is spruce up my abs lol. Under all the fat, of course :D

The codeine gave great relief (I have 30s on standby) but man am I paying the price for it now..... Oh yeah, I also got a bad case of the squits during my illness last Jan, which I put down to IBS. Seems not, as I've gained a lovely case of bum gravy now.

13. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

[​IMG]

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'm very particular about my bathroom habits, almost anally so ;) so always have a supply of Imodium to hand.

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My left leg is swollen greatly, and it stopped working below the knee at Wal-Mart. I'm calling for an emergency visit tomorrow. Something is seriously wrong. My calf is bigger than my thigh, and I barely walk. This should not be.

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

3rd night in a row where I can’t sleep because something I was told, my mind just keeps going back to it and keeps making me absolutely furious.

like just go to sleep already!

17. Vault-Tec

I sometimes wake at 5am or so and get all pissed off and angry about something that happened 10 years ago. Count to ten, tell yourself to lock it out and every time you start thinking about it block it out. Think about something nice, be strict on yourself. Works for me (though usually by then I can't get back to sleep ffs lol)

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I just played Cyberpunk 2077 for about an hour and a half... no problem. As soon as I quit the game and started typing in a browser - bam, reboot.

I've run prime95 stress tests for over an hour with no issues. But then sometimes I run prime95 stress tests and it dies instantly. Sometimes it reboots mid-way through booting or as soon as I start to log in. I've run with and without XMP and I've run a full memtest cycle... with and without XMP. I'm on the latest BIOS and I've tried older BIOS versions. This morning it was dying as soon as I plugged or unplugged a USB device, but this evening I had no issues with USB.

Some piece of hardware is buggered, but this is the only AM4 or DDR4 kit I own so I can't swap out parts in order to test. The fact that I can run memtest and CPU stress tests with no issue leads me to point the finger at the motherboard, but I honestly can't be sure.

I'm going to have to start getting parts for the other half's upgrade much earlier than planned, just so that I have components I can test with.

19. Vault-Tec

If you run Prime as CPU only you can soon figure out if the RAM is at play. IIRC it's small FFT? something like that, which doesn't use the RAM.

Byron C likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yep, have done both Small and Smallest FFT runs, both with and without reboots!