1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's been 15 days or so, and I've just shy of $60 at current pricing. A little lower than it could have been, thanks to a few teething problems - and my Homeplugs desynchronised last night, so T-Rex stopped for about eight hours - but not too shabby: $4 a day before electricity costs. If we use the at-the-wall figure from the UPS of 200W (which also includes other stuff, but that's what it says when my GPU's running but my monitor and speakers are off so lets go with that) at 13.6726p/kWh that's 18.88¢/kWh for a total of $13.59 in electricity costs.

So, profit, we're looking at $46.41, or $3.09 a day. £2.24 at the current exchange rate. Not a huge amount, but that's still £67 a month - and that's assuming the value of Eth doesn't rise in the meantime nor taking into account the lost time through faffing around and the network dropping out last night.

EDIT:
    I love how you can very clearly see when I came back from lunch:

upload_2021-3-9_14-20-21.png

(Not much uptime, there, 'cos I rebooted the desktop when I was trying to diagnose the slow Firefox issue then had a bit of a play with adding some more overclock to the card - ended up at +79MHz on the GPU and +960MHz on the memory, but this one ain't much of a clocker. Well, not at a 125W power limit, anyway!)

Last edited: 9 Mar 2021
    Goatee and wyx087 like this.
  3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I use nicehash so mine ETH and get "Paid" in BTC. Been mining for 10 days, here is my chart. ~305W at the wall, £78.25 in my BTC wallet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Can you see where the electrician knocked the router power out :D

Last edited: 9 Mar 2021
    wyx087 likes this.
  4. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

I've had about 4ish days of mining Eth using T-Rex (lost 2 days when I forgot to restart it!). Hardly slamming it as it stops for evening gaming but still have ~£15 built up already. Extrapolate to 30 days and its going to pay for both my electricity and gas bill each month which is frankly silly.

5. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

What card?

6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Gareth, where did you get that T-Rex dashboard thing from?

Last edited: 10 Mar 2021
  7. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

3070 - getting around 55 Mh/s on average at 50% power and +1000mhz on memory

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's literally just T-Rex - it launches a web interface (and a telnet(!) interface) as standard. (And only stopped binding it to all your system's network interfaces in the very latest release...)

http://localhost:4067/

(Won't work unless you're on the PC running T-Rex, obviously.)

9. MightyBenihana

Thanks.

I downloaded t-rex from Github, edited the bat file and ran it from that file which runs a cmd line. Nowhere can I see this actual T-rex program. I am being dumb I know, but i just can't see it, although I can see it though the link you posted.

Also, is your 2080 overclocked? I have a 2080 S and I am only getting around 35-36 MH/s.

(how do I insert a picture?)

10. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

The zip has a t-rex.exe in it which is the 'program' but all it outputs is either cmd line messages every ~30s of hashrate, power etc. or you can view the interface through a web browser once its running using Gareth's link.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just installed the NH client. I've mined 15p in the last hour.

What to spend it on.....

Arboreal likes this.
  12. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Scan accept bitcoin.....

David and Arboreal like this.
  13. Gareth Halfacree

It doesn't have a GUI - well, except the web interface.
    It is: I settled on about +950MHz on the memory and +40MHz on the GPU, and get a stable 43MH/s at a 125W power limit. (It drops below that when I'm working, hence the figure in the screenshot being lower.)

14. MightyBenihana

I just want to check I am doing this right. I have a MEW account with my 0x address linked to it. I am using t-rex to mine. How long until something shows up in the wallet or am I missing something?

Edit: just downloaded an app to track everything and it seems to be registering, its just slow, but thats the game these days. Oh to be doing this with BTC oh so many years ago.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Are you mining with a pool? If so, you'll get a payout when you hit the minimum threshold - 0.2 ETH adjustable to 0.1 ETH (or lower with fees) on Nanopool. At the rate you're going, you'll hit the lower threshold in about two or three months.

If you're solo mining... You'll probably never receive anything. If you do, it's like winning the lottery - only *less* likely.

16. MightyBenihana

I am mining with nanopool.

Oh wow, that long. How are you see your ~£2 a day? Or is this what you are getting after 2 months ish?

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Woo, I got paid! I now have... 1221 BTC!!! OMFG, I'm so rich!!! Who wants a gold-plated 3090?

No, wait... 0.00001221 BTC

Ah, well. Um, yeah.

18. Gareth Halfacree

I'm monitoring it on the Nanopool website - but that money won't be mine until I hit the payout threshold. If I stop mining before then, it'll never be mine - Nanopool will just keep it all.

19. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

That's 1221 Satoshis my good man, you've gotta start somewhere.

David likes this.
  20. MightyBenihana

I am unsure of the issue here. I started up the miner today (I am not running 24/7 until I move into my new house in a week or so and I am just experimenting and getting all set up in the mean time) and when I start t-rex, in the command window I get:

't-rex.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,"

I have created an exception for it in my AV so it's not that. It was all working when I shut it down last night too. When reading around, I see people noting that the .exe and the .bat file need to be in the same folder. There is no .exe file in the folder. I know Gareth mentioned one in an earlier reply to me so I looked again and they are all .bat files except for a .md readme file.

Could really use a little help, please.

Edit: If I run claymore, that all works fine but that's not linking to the nanopool monitoring app.

Edit 2: Seems the app can see me now.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2021