1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6800 and 6800 XT Nitro+ Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 19 Mar 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

monty-pup likes this.
  2. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Are review sites typically allowed to disassemble their review GPUs? I would love to see shroudless shots of these components. Particularly this is useful on midrange cards, where the VRM cooling can be pretty crappy.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Who had to sleep with who, to get some graphics cards in to review?

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Last edited: 22 Mar 2021
  5. DbD

DbD Minimodder

If it takes bit-tech 4 months to even get a review card.... Still you can mine with it until you have to hand it back...

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Just see if any of the crew at Bit-tech are walking funny. I'm joking! They bought lube in bulk so we can't tell just by looking.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  7. cdb

cdb No comment

Is it under the microscope because that's what you need to find one of these graphics cards?

8. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Erm..........who honestly gives a toss?
    These cards are effectively inconsequential, (To be largely ignored and forgotten about).
    I aM not having a go at Bit tech BTW
    I would think that a large percentage of regulars would prefer it, if they were not featured.

Osgeld, Bloody_Pete and SuperHans123 like this.
  9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Wish reviewers would totally boycott these 'things that do not exist'

10. grimerking

grimerking Minimodder

I purchased the XT model from Overclockers. I am mining on it!

Why? They are available (for a premium), but I sold my 5700 XT for £780 and the upgrade cost was only £130. The total cost of purchase, including the 5700XT which I used for 6 months, worked out at £480 which is below the RRP.

The prices really aren't that bad, if you're also selling a card.

They do exist and they're awesome. ;-)

[​IMG]

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I think it's good to have these cards reviewed even if availability is scarce and prices are bonkers. At some point they will be more readily available and hopefully for a better price, and in the meantime as @grimerking says, some lucky people will be able to get their hands on one. And some people just like to keep abreast of current tech - I have no plans to upgrade my GPU any time soon but I still like to know how current gen cards stack up.
    I don't understand this at all. If you aren't interested then ignore the review and move on, but some people will be interested so what's the issue? Unless you're suggesting that BT could be spending the time taken to review these cards to review something else, in which case why don't you suggest some potential alternatives? I get that people are frustrated with the current state of the market but this is proper cutting off your nose to spite your face stuff.

12. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

Review sites are flooded with content on things impossible to buy unless your some **** running a bot in mommy's basement

Makes it difficult to ignore

13. grimerking

grimerking Minimodder

I didn't run a bot. I signed up to https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/ and set up an alert for all the nVidia and AMD cards. I received an alert. I visited the overclockers website and I put it on the credit card. I then put an advert on ebay and everything worked out nicely.

You seem to be very bitter.

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Normally we are as we keep the cards but as soon as we finish benchmarks they go to the next site atm. If we take them apart then it changes the stock performance.

Here's the current process
    1. We agree to the review
    2. we get shipped the card
    3. the card arrives late
    4. we get moaned at for not reviewing it quickly
    5. the card get's picked up nearly as I'm putting it back into the anti static bag

Bloody_Pete and Omnislip like this.
  15. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Relax pal, you got a card, well done you.
    And you are mining on it, your choice.

Just think Bit Tech and other reviewers could make a statement by refusing all reviews of these non-entities.
    Yes you managed to luckily get one but these being available means you go on Ebuyer, Scan whatever, when you feel like it, add to cart and pay, not play some stupid game trying to beat bots and watch Youtube stock-check channels.
    I mean, who has the time for that faff? Certainly not me, I have a job and a life to get on with.

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Where would you draw the line though?
    While the problems in the GPU market have been well known for months (by the time this here review was written) how would such a policy work where they are able to get review samples in time?

For example bit-tech (among others) reviewed the Ryzen 5950x back when it was supposedly released, should they have attempted to guess that in reality it might never get released at all?

Also if reviewers waited until stock at retailers is known before publishing a review wouldn't that encourage blind ordering without having looked at reviews first (which would be bad for consumers and also undermine the business model of reviewers)?

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Don't be a tube.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Surely it's better to have a review for something that's difficult to get than not to have one for something you can, I mean you want to be able to read the review before you buy anyway!

adidan likes this.
  19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Seeing as nothing is in stock atm we'd have **** all to review. I guess I could review kettle leads and
    SATA cables. Heck, I might even try see if I can find a 5.25" CD/DVD-ROM Drive in stock to review.

What makes this funny is we've had this conversation with a wide range of manufacturers. How do you expect them to fix the problem?

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Doubly so with the news today from Asus that Nvidisa GPU shipments have decreased!

At the end of the day Bit-Tech is a review site, if it doesn't do reviews that bring in views to generate ad revenue it dies, the writing staff find other jobs and this forum goes away. We all need Bit-tech to do reviews so we can carry on calling this forum home, as infuriating as the lack of supply is!

Edit: plus a lack of reviews doesn't matter, AMD or Nvidia are still going to make millions and billions. Falling on your sword only works if your death has an effect!

adidan likes this.
Tags: Add Tags