1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The ex threatened me being able to see my step daughter for no reason other than having an argument about us.
    Was picking her up at the time it happened so she was called in and told she wasn't coming with me, she was in histarics. Broke my heart.

I'm not a bad person, she isn't a bad person, we're both hurting but this is a step too far that she will regret if enforces it.

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

TEXTJOJN is my new favourite, where have you been all these years!

goldstar0011 likes this.
  3. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

How do I not know about that one? That is awesome and massively useful, thanks.

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

The problem with excel functions, is once you've "taught" yourself one way it is very difficult to pick up new functions, that and i dont know anywhere that tells me what functions are added... on each "build"/release?

Last edited: 19 Mar 2021
    goldstar0011 likes this.
  5. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Yeah, I get what you mean on that. Though I think that will be an easy one to pick up, I have other things I script into that has a CONCAT() function that works exactly like it so I don't have to remember two different ways now.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh, that is quite nice. Especially the ability to skip blanks, very nice.

MadGinga likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/strong-r...nal-previous-infection-experts-214925129.html

Tis news now fella.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh, and of course the census. I was blissfully unaware until my housing lady emailed me about it. Only had two days left to go too :( Thing is I am not home, so I didn't have the census number to fill it in online. Cue lots of anxiety. Thankfully my housing lady knew who to text at Arun council, so they texted my number over. Fookin PITA though.

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Been unconscious all day after getting groceries yesterday. Still no stimulus either.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Our second fridge seems to be slowly heading down the same way the dodo did. But it doesn't seem to fully commit to either working again or finally ceasing its humming. It's working, then it's not, then it's working again. Obviously, I'd rather not spend several hundreds of Euros on a replacement, but this is getting on my nerves. Just work all the time or stop working completely, damnit.

/rant

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I don't know how but I've lost vital layers of work in photoshop, (opened file and layers weren't there)

SOHF ensured.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Started going for a long walk once a day and I've been wearing crap shoes. I will no longer be wearing crap shoes, because after three days I've given myself blisters on the heel and the ball of both feet. They haven't burst (and I'm not going to burst them because the risk of infection is real*) but they're at that really horrible 'this isn't really that painful but I have to be careful not to pop them and ohmygod it feels gross when I walk' stage.

*Many many years ago I had a blister on the side of my foot that burst while I was walking around town. No bother, just slap a plaster over it, right? Two days later I had to go do the doctor because it was impossible to walk and what was left of the blister looked... grim. The doc prescribed several grams - yes, grams - of antibiotics per day and told me to come back in two days; if it hadn't started receding by that point then they would be calling an ambulance to get me to hospital ASAP. TL;DR I don't pop blisters any more!

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

How the hell did I not know about this?

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Had a night 'out' (read: I'm leaving the company to grab a new opportunity by its neck and we're having a group get together thing via MS Teams) with the team I'll be leaving. This brought some pleasant and some not so pleasant memories/ideas/episodes back to my mind (both from work and private stuff) and now it's past 1am and I won't be able to sleep for a while.

It's one of those "my life's actually quite great, but it's not as great right now" moments in life. Yeah... to be blunt: **** this ****.

15. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Textjoin is nice, xlookup exciting option. But all these reminder me that I'd using excel when I really need to just be working in a proper database.

Byron C likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

THIS. EXACTLY THIS. :grin:

MadGinga likes this.
  17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

True, one of my many hats is as an Access Developer (cue "proper database" jokes), but for the majority of office workers who occasionally need to manipulate data in a one-off scenario, there's no doubt that Excel is still a useful tool to know your way around.

MadGinga and bawjaws like this.
  18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Very true. Excel is not a database (repeat after me ten million times) but it definitely does have valid applications as you describe.

We're in the process of transitioning a lot of our standard models from Excel / VBA to R. R is great and all, but if you want to knock up a quick ad hoc calculator to deal with limited data then Excel still has its place.

MadGinga likes this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah, I don't know what this means. :confused:

perplekks45 likes this.
  20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I think it's something that olds did in the before times. ;)

perplekks45 and adidan like this.